FishingBanter

-   UK Sea Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do rag worms bite? (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=13292)

david November 15th, 2004 08:34 PM

Do rag worms bite?

I was handling ragworms for the second time in my life today. Nasty vile
little creatures that put a shiver up my spine. A few very big ones , must
have been a foot if they were two inches, had very large orifices and I'm
sure I felt thyem try to bite me. Could they?

David

fantom November 15th, 2004 10:22 PM

Do rag worms bite?

"david" wrote in message
I was handling ragworms for the second time in my life today. Nasty vile
little creatures that put a shiver up my spine. A few very big ones , must
have been a foot if they were two inches, had very large orifices and I'm
sure I felt thyem try to bite me. Could they?

David

They got sharp pincers that can pinch you, when u feed onto the hook you
will probably see the pincers come out, grab by the head and they cannot
wriggle round to pinch you. Also their juices can sting like mad if they get
into your cuts. Quality bait though.

david November 16th, 2004 09:47 AM

Do rag worms bite?

Thanks fantom.

David

"fantom" wrote in message

"david" wrote in message
I was handling ragworms for the second time in my life today. Nasty vile
little creatures that put a shiver up my spine. A few very big ones ,
must have been a foot if they were two inches, had very large orifices and
I'm sure I felt thyem try to bite me. Could they?

David

They got sharp pincers that can pinch you, when u feed onto the hook you
will probably see the pincers come out, grab by the head and they cannot
wriggle round to pinch you. Also their juices can sting like mad if they
get into your cuts. Quality bait though.

david November 16th, 2004 09:48 AM

Do rag worms bite?

will probably see the pincers come out,

Also their juices can sting like mad if they get
into your cuts.

Alien???? On the beach no one can hear you scream!

david November 16th, 2004 09:48 AM

Do rag worms bite?

will probably see the pincers come out,

Also their juices can sting like mad if they get
into your cuts.

Alien???? On the beach no one can hear you scream!

PhilG November 16th, 2004 09:59 AM

Do rag worms bite?

I was handling ragworms for the second time in my life today. Nasty vile
little creatures that put a shiver up my spine. A few very big ones ,

must
have been a foot if they were two inches, had very large orifices and I'm
sure I felt thyem try to bite me. Could they?

David

They got sharp pincers that can pinch you, when u feed onto the hook you
will probably see the pincers come out, grab by the head and they cannot
wriggle round to pinch you. Also their juices can sting like mad if they

get
into your cuts. Quality bait though.

I have had that happen a few times, and, boy does it sting.

I have also had ragworm that were big enough so that the pinchers go through
my thumb nail and draw blood, OUCHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[...]

david November 16th, 2004 03:02 PM

Do rag worms bite?

I have also had ragworm that were big enough so that the pinchers go
through
my thumb nail and draw blood, OUCHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Holy Allah!

How big is "big enough" just out of interest?

David