FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Spinning Rod & Flies ? (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37497)

D. LaCourse March 9th, 2011 12:59 PM

Spinning Rod & Flies ?

On 2011-03-09 07:39:18 -0500, jeff said:

On 3/8/2011 4:48 PM, D. LaCourse wrote:

...You couldn't teach ... *anyone* something about fly fishing.

dave...i'll have to disagree with that bit of hyperbole (i know it's
made in your ongoing war of words and ad hominems with wolfgang).
...but, he taught me something about fly fishing in wisconsin and the
upper peninsula, just as you taught me something in maine. i confess
neither of you had a very good student, but i'm ever grateful.

trust you've gotten some of this warm weather we are now enjoying in
eastern nc, and you're moving about in good health and steadily.

jeff

I didn't teach you anything about fly fishing while you were in Maine.

Wolfgang seldom gives fishing advice in this nuthouse. He is far more
content with acting like a spoiled little brat and calling people (not
only me) names. When folks *do* give fishing advice, he ridicules and
calls them names. When people disagree with him, he reacts the same
way. Does that remind you of
someone-who-should-not-be-mentioned-by-name? I know you are very good
friends with Wolfgang, but his behavior on this forum is deplorable. I
know, I know, I add to it, but I'm a much better man when the mouse
that roars is in his little hole.

People like Tom Littleton, RW, Fred, Larry and others ADD to this forum
and should not be attacked by Wolfgang simply because he feels superior
to them.

Dave
(Just got my *lifetime* Georgia fishing license. Been fishing Duke's
Creek once a week with some good results. Harry's Killer Caddis is
exactly that - a Killer. And, soft hackles are always working.)

Giles March 9th, 2011 03:10 PM

Spinning Rod & Flies ?

On Mar 9, 6:39*am, jeff wrote:
On 3/8/2011 4:48 PM, D. LaCourse wrote:

...You couldn't teach ... *anyone* something about fly fishing.

dave...i'll have to disagree with that bit of hyperbole (i know it's
made in your ongoing war of words and ad hominems with wolfgang).
...but, he taught me something about fly fishing in wisconsin and the
upper peninsula, just as you taught me something in maine. i confess
neither of you had a very good student, but i'm ever grateful.

Well, I recall teaching you something about flies.....so numerous they
did swarm. But any fool bereft of sauna for a few days in the western
UP in June could have done that. And I also remember your first
encounter with a smallish fowl, known locally as the "hex", when it
nearly took your ear off on its errant entry into camp one evening.
But that was none of my doing. Mosquitos, at their most benign, you
have also encountered here in Curdistan. But you've seen those
before. About all I have left to show you along these lines is
blackflies and deerflies at their maleficent peaks. I harbor no doubt
that your thanks will be tepid at best.

As for fly "fishing", I distinctly remember that on the occasion when
we first fished together your efforts to get a fly on the water
succeeded vastly more often than not, and that you frequently brought
it back with a fish attached. Furthermore, you always managed to get
to the water and, more importantly, back to the beer truck, before
anyone else. I had nothing substantive to teach you.

giles

Giles March 9th, 2011 03:11 PM

Spinning Rod & Flies ?

On Mar 9, 6:59*am, D. LaCourse wrote:
On 2011-03-09 07:39:18 -0500, jeff said:

[...]

moron.

g.

Giles March 9th, 2011 03:16 PM

Spinning Rod & Flies ?

On 2011-03-07 10:52:49 -0500, Giles said:

I await your childish, silly, foolish reply.

And then what?

g.

I laugh at your predictability.

Davey

You must laugh a lot.

g.

Yes. Time spent on roff is a jolly time.

d;o)

Wolfgang is a rather comical figure, in an unintentional way, once you
get over the initial revulsion. I just wish he'd stop emulating
himself for a while and get some new material.

Not a chance, RW. *He couldn't find any "new" material. *Self emulation
is all he has shudder.

Dave

New material is easy enough. But why bother when the audience never
fails to respond to the classics?

moron.

g.

Giles March 9th, 2011 03:17 PM

On 2011-03-07 10:52:49 -0500, Giles said:

I await your childish, silly, foolish reply.

And then what?

g.

I laugh at your predictability.

Davey

You must laugh a lot.

g.

Yes. Time spent on roff is a jolly time.

d;o)

Wolfgang is a rather comical figure, in an unintentional way, once you
get over the initial revulsion. I just wish he'd stop emulating
himself for a while and get some new material.

Not a chance, RW. *He couldn't find any "new" material. *Self emulation
is all he has shudder.

Dave

New material is easy enough. But why bother when the audience never
fails to respond to the classics?

moron.

g.

[email protected] March 9th, 2011 06:04 PM

Spinning Rod & Flies ?

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 07:59:58 -0500, D. LaCourse
wrote:

People like Tom Littleton, RW, Fred, Larry and others ADD to this forum
and should not be attacked by Wolfgang simply because he feels superior
to them.

Well - Its about time some one said it!
Thank you!

Walfgang is a miserable jerk & perhaps the biggest fool on usenet who
wants to drag down everyone to his level and I do mean DOWN!!!

It is disgusting & deplorable & almost unbelievable bur certainly NOT
humorous

Having never had the misfortune to meet him
I know some of you do like him
Why?
Some of you cinsider him a friend
What is his f'ing problem?
If some of you really are his friends - ask or help him to get a
life

Go fishing , fornicating , drinking whatever just not pesting

I am certain ROFF has lost some valuable people due to his caustic
remarks

Fred
Who knows know that he will get an inane and insane retort from him =
luckily he is killfiled where this kind of behavior belongs

Giles March 9th, 2011 08:06 PM

Spinning Rod & Flies ?

wrote:

People like Tom Littleton, RW, Fred, Larry and others ADD to this forum
and should not be attacked by Wolfgang simply because he feels superior
to them.

Well - Its about time some one said it!
Thank you!

About time? Hell, what rock have you been hiding under? It's been
said a thousand times.....and you STILL don't get it!

Walfgang is a miserable jerk *& perhaps the biggest fool on usenet who
wants to drag down everyone to his level and I do mean DOWN!!!

You say "miserable jerk" like it's a bad thing. If I'm miserable,
well, that's because I love company. And a jerk is simply something
at either end of a fly line. As for being "the biggest fool on
usenet," I plead guilty. I keep on hoping it will one day be overrun
by adults.....I just can't help it. Aside from that, though, things
don't really look all that bad here on my level. I get to see all
manner of strange and wondrous things.

It is disgusting *& deplorable & almost unbelievable bur certainly NOT
humorous

The easy route would be to suppose that you have extraordinarily low
threshholds for disgust, deplorability and unbelievability, as well as
an untenably high standard of humor. But you've been here for a
while. We can't maintain that sort of delusion. Radical brain damage
of some sort or another is the only viable theory.

Having never had the misfortune to meet him
I know some of you do like him

Oddly enough, some of them like me whether or not you and I have ever
met. Strange world, ainna?

Why?

Because I'm considerate, cheerful, helpful, brave, clean, honest,
funny, knowledgeable, modest, unassuming, empathetic, bright,
interested, ruggedly handsome.....and I've got a dick the size of an
eight year old.

Some of you cinsider him a friend

Ah, THAT'S what's got your panties in a bunch? The answer is
simple.....I AM a friend.

Not that' it's a reciprocal arrangement or anything. I mean, did
ANYBODY call and say "Happy Birthday" last month?

No.

Did ANYONE drop a quick e-mail to say "sorry to hear that you've got
the worst cold in human history at ANY time in the past three weeks?

No.

Has ANYONE EVER! bothered to say, "hey, i understand that it really
sucks that you were born black, female, crippled, poor, blind, and
prenatally addicted to heroin, methamphetamines, marijuana, and
Twinkies.....but hey, look on the bright side.....you've got a dick
the size of an eight year old!"

No.

What is his f'ing problem?

Personally, I think it's the Twinkies. Well, not so much the Twinkies
qua Twinkies.......I'm thinking about giving up the deep fried
variety.

If some of you really are his friends

Um.....didn't we just go over all that?

- * ask or help him to get a life

Had one of those. ****in' nuisance, if you ask me. All that
ingestion, inhalation, exhalation, excretion, matabolism, congestion,
cohabitation, perspiration, lactation, cogitation, prestidigitation,
relaxation, degradation, palpitation, regurgitation, inflammation,
exclamation, ratiocination, debilitation, habituation, reification,
deliberation, extrication, mastication, ovation, oblation, probation,
precognition, derision, revision, incision, division, multiplication,
addition, subtraction, detraction, traction, action, impaction,
infarction, infraction, retroaction, cognition, ignition, friction,
diction, redaction, compaction.....and complication! ****, who needs
all that.....especially when you've got a dick the size of an eight
year old?.

Go fishing , fornicating , drinking whatever *just not pesting

Good advice. I hope they will heed it.....but I wouldn't hold my
breath.

Um.....just to be perfectly clear....."I" wouldn't hold "my" breath.
But I think it would be a good idea for you.....just for a week or
two.

I am certain ROFF has lost some valuable people due to his caustic
remarks

Aw shucks.....so you really DO love me, after all? That is SO
sweet! :)

Fred
Who knows know that he will get an inane and insane *retort from him =
luckily he is killfiled where this kind of behavior belongs

Raises one or two interesting questions.

g.
o.k., anyone who thinks this one is NOT stupider than stevie and the
doughboy and the pig combined......this is your opportunity to stand
up and be counted.

c'mon.....don't be shy.

JT March 9th, 2011 09:05 PM

Spinning Rod & Flies ?

"Giles" wrote in message
g.
o.k., anyone who thinks this one is NOT stupider than stevie and the
doughboy and the pig combined......this is your opportunity to stand
up and be counted.

c'mon.....don't be shy.

The jury is still out, however I do think you are a miserable, no good for
nothing windbag. ;)

Killfiles are for pussies, however I have found that ignoring 98% or what
you type here makes you almost 2% tolerable.

HTH,
JT

Giles March 9th, 2011 09:10 PM

Spinning Rod & Flies ?

On Mar 9, 3:05*pm, "JT" wrote:
"Giles" wrote in message

g.
o.k., anyone who thinks this one is NOT stupider than stevie and the
doughboy and the pig combined......this is your opportunity to stand
up and be counted.

c'mon.....don't be shy.

The jury is still out, however I do think you are a miserable, no good for
nothing windbag. ;)

Presumably, you mean "no good for anything." English, she is a
tricksy bitch.

Killfiles are for pussies, however I have found that ignoring 98% or what
you type here makes you almost 2% tolerable.

Go the extra 2. Let us know how it affects the 98.

g.
who, if a response appears, will (naturally) be none the wiser.

jeff March 10th, 2011 12:08 AM

Spinning Rod & Flies ?

On 2011-03-09 07:39:18 -0500, jeff said:

On 3/8/2011 4:48 PM, D. LaCourse wrote:

I didn't teach you anything about fly fishing while you were in Maine.

i'll forgive the memory lapse...but, you are the one who arranged my 2
maine visits to lakewood and the rapid, you showed me how to nymph
effectively at that big rock in the water below the damn (with placement
of weight above the nymph), how to fish those islands at pond in the
river (both dry and with nymphs), and gave me some instruction about use
of streamers there as well. you also loaned me your 6 wt, with
suggestions on its use. there were plenty of lessons and learning. i
also got to see the rapid, meet aldro (?), see the old dam house that
graced magazines and greeted fishermen for decades but is now gone, stay
and feed at lakewood. there is a lot more to discover and learn about
fly fishing than just the fishing gear my friend...

Dave
(Just got my *lifetime* Georgia fishing license. Been fishing Duke's
Creek once a week with some good results. Harry's Killer Caddis is
exactly that - a Killer. And, soft hackles are always working.)

well hell, that assures a lifetime of fishing!!

the killer and the cdc/elk are among my favorite dry flies...work in
every trout stream i've fished.

are you near jacks river in the cohutta wilderness area?

jeff