FishingBanter

-   Fishing Photos (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Florida visit (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=25942)

Bruce Spitler April 7th, 2007 09:56 PM

Florida visit

2 Attachment(s)
I caught these fish in a Florida retention pond using a rattle trap. Does
anyone know what kind of fish the last fish is? It looks like a sunfish but
it has great big scales like a carp and it weighed close to 4 lbs. Well now
I am back in Ohio and snow on the ground, well at least I got my line wet.

Peter A. Collin April 7th, 2007 10:14 PM

Florida visit

Bruce Spitler wrote:
I caught these fish in a Florida retention pond using a rattle trap. Does
anyone know what kind of fish the last fish is? It looks like a sunfish but
it has great big scales like a carp and it weighed close to 4 lbs. Well now
I am back in Ohio and snow on the ground, well at least I got my line wet.

It looks like a Tilapia.

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers April 7th, 2007 11:08 PM

Florida visit

"Bruce Spitler" wrote in message
t...
I caught these fish in a Florida retention pond using a rattle trap. Does
anyone know what kind of fish the last fish is? It looks like a sunfish
but it has great big scales like a carp and it weighed close to 4 lbs.
Well now I am back in Ohio and snow on the ground, well at least I got my
line wet.

Looks like a tilapia to me. Good eats there!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Musashi April 8th, 2007 12:32 AM

Florida visit

"Bruce Spitler" wrote in message
t...
I caught these fish in a Florida retention pond using a rattle trap. Does
anyone know what kind of fish the last fish is?

As others have said, definitely a tilapia.

The Great Gazooka April 8th, 2007 11:30 PM

Florida visit

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 16:08:49 -0600, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

Looks like a tilapia to me. Good eats there!

By Golly, fry it with spam!!! Boy will you sleep good!

Fishking April 10th, 2007 02:41 AM

Florida visit

"Bruce Spitler" wrote in message
news:7ATRh.12808SNIP I am back in Ohio and snow on the ground, well at
least I got my line wet.

Where in Ohio Bruce?

Bruce Spitler April 12th, 2007 12:38 AM

Florida visit