FishingBanter

-   Bass Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   ICE fishing!!! (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=37199)

Steve W. January 10th, 2011 04:44 AM

ICE fishing!!!

OK so what's the attraction...

Go out in sub-zero cold, Give yourself a heart attack drilling and
dipping a hole in the ice, set up your shelter that is almost as
insulated as a T-Shirt, Then sit there with a tiny pole trying to catch
fish that didn't want to bite when it was good weather...

Looked over the local lakes/ponds and saw a total of 2 shanties. Ice
isn't very good yet. Lot's of open water though.

--
Steve W.

Bob La Londe[_4_] January 10th, 2011 05:41 AM

ICE fishing!!!

"Steve W." wrote in message

OK so what's the attraction...

None. I raise domesticated ice at home. Makes better quality rum and cokes
in my opinion too.

Ronnie January 10th, 2011 05:05 PM

ICE fishing!!!

Never tried ice fishing but I bass fish year round - been out many
times when I had to dip my rod in the water to melt ice in the guides.
I would rather be fishing than sitting at home fussing about the
weather!

I do go fishing for ice in my fridge when I want a scotch on the
rocks.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

John B January 10th, 2011 07:05 PM

ICE fishing!!!

In my younger days, I did a lot of ice fishing. It was more a "social"
event than actual fishing though. Now days, I fish for pleasure, and
that doesn't involve any kind of "pain"! :)

John B

patrick013 January 21st, 2011 10:44 PM

ICE fishing!!!

On 01/10/2011 02:05 PM, John B wrote:

In my younger days, I did a lot of ice fishing. It was more a "social"
event than actual fishing though. Now days, I fish for pleasure, and
that doesn't involve any kind of "pain"! :)

John B

Well to day is the coldest, should be able to fish deep.

patrick