FishingBanter

-   Bass Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New Melones trip (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=35293)

CalifBill January 8th, 2010 05:03 AM

New Melones trip

Went up to New Melones. First time out in ages. Went the kayak route.
Trying my buddies Outback. We trolled for trout, and he caught one trout
and two small spots on a shad lure. I got one 2# spot with a wacky rigged
Senco. Lots of fish marked on the finder, just not a lot of biters. The
bass boat guys were doing just about as well. Talked to two guys working a
point we had worked with senko and dropshot and they were splitshotting for
nada also. Was a balmy 35 when we started in the morning. Got up to the
60's and calm in the afternoon.