FishingBanter

-   Saltwater Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Fly Leaders for teeth (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=25932)

Sprattoo April 6th, 2007 10:24 PM

Fly Leaders for teeth

Hello all,
I have in my hand some Cortland Toothy critter that i ordered into my
shop. I doesn't really seem quite as tie-able as advertised.

Either way. It will be fine for blues on a fly this summer, but what
about Shark?

I have caught shark on the standard boat reels like Penn boat rods,
but what about flies? I got in some Tarpon style flies and have been
reading about doing a bait and switch for Shark.... What do fly
fishermen who catch shark do for leaders on big game?

And what about smaller game? Last year I used some fine leaders that I
had, just snipped off the swivels. The success was moderate as the
stiff leaders were a bit too heavy to make me happy.

For the bait and switch with sharks Weight isn't really top priority,
but i should have something that I can handle a little bit.

(getting in a 10 or 12 wt rod this spring)