FishingBanter

-   Fishing Photos (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Huge Northern! (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=25501)

fganje March 9th, 2007 04:40 PM

Huge Northern!

1 Attachment(s)
while in the process of reeling in the little pike (36 inches) the big pike
(54 inches, 44 pounds) decided to have a late lunch.

Caught on Rainy River (Minnesota)

Fred Lebow March 9th, 2007 04:53 PM

Huge Northern!

From: "fganje"
... while in the process of reeling
in the little pike (36 inches) the big pike
(54 inches, 44 pounds) decided to have a late lunch.

Caught on Rainy River (Minnesota)

Great shots!
Thanks

Fred

"

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers March 9th, 2007 04:54 PM

Huge Northern!

"fganje" wrote in message
while in the process of reeling in the little pike (36 inches) the big
pike
(54 inches, 44 pounds) decided to have a late lunch.

Caught on Rainy River (Minnesota)

I don't know about the top picture, but I do know the bottom picture is of
an angler and his catch, from Holland. The pike being held was 50 inches,
43 pounds. This was in Esox Magazine recently.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

fganje March 9th, 2007 05:21 PM

Huge Northern!

Thanks for the info...... I received the pictures today from a Montana
friend and forwarded them . After looking a little closer at them I don't
think the two fish are the same. But they are nice pics and things are a
little slow this time of year.....

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

"fganje" wrote in message
while in the process of reeling in the little pike (36 inches) the big
pike
(54 inches, 44 pounds) decided to have a late lunch.

Caught on Rainy River (Minnesota)

I don't know about the top picture, but I do know the bottom picture is of
an angler and his catch, from Holland. The pike being held was 50 inches,
43 pounds. This was in Esox Magazine recently.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Donny Nelms March 9th, 2007 06:48 PM

Huge Northern!

that would be some good eatin'!

--

Donny Nelms

Union Electricians Do "IT" Without Shorts!
"fganje" wrote in message
while in the process of reeling in the little pike (36 inches) the big
pike
(54 inches, 44 pounds) decided to have a late lunch.

Caught on Rainy River (Minnesota)

The Great Gazooka March 9th, 2007 07:07 PM

Huge Northern!

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 09:40:35 -0600, "fganje"
wrote:

while in the process of reeling in the little pike (36 inches) the big pike
(54 inches, 44 pounds) decided to have a late lunch.

Caught on Rainy River (Minnesota)

That`s almost as big as those brookies that Steve used to catch on a
daily basis and pan fry with a little French bread and potatoes au
gratin that he whipped up in 5 minutes every morning. Man did he sleep
good! By golly.

Doug March 10th, 2007 02:09 PM

Huge Northern!

Wherever that picture came from, that is simply incredible! Thanks for the
post! Amazing...

Doug