FishingBanter

-   Fishing in Australia (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Crabs traps info please (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=7930)

Mitch February 4th, 2004 10:07 PM

Crabs traps info please

Can someone give me some info on types of crab traps type and how to use or
how to make. or where to find info thanks.

Andrew Gabb February 5th, 2004 12:37 PM

Crabs traps info please

For the ultimate information on blue swimmer crabs see
http://www.blue-crab.org/

Although this site is in the US and applies to the Atlantic crab
they appear almost identical to blue swimmers, even though they are
different genus/species.

Crab nets as used by amateurs from jetties and boats are usually
hoop drop nets baited with some sort of meat, typically roo, fish,
etc. They cost about $9-$12 from tackle shops. The best are the ones
with a metal grid bottom (*not* chicken wire).

Andrew

--
Andrew Gabb
email: Adelaide, South Australia

PetenGail February 16th, 2004 10:25 AM

Crabs traps info please

you can get some good info from dpi fisheries qld... i make my own... whre do
you live?