FishingBanter

-   UK Sea Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   mfa hedlamp mk1 (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=6801)

jason December 16th, 2003 04:10 PM

mfa hedlamp mk1

anybody know why my krypton bulb is blowing after an hour or two use??

SEAANGLING December 16th, 2003 06:41 PM

mfa hedlamp mk1

anybody know why my krypton bulb is blowing after an hour or two use??

No but possibly because you have touched the glass with your fingers.

jason December 17th, 2003 05:06 PM

mfa hedlamp mk1

"SEAANGLING" wrote in message
anybody know why my krypton bulb is blowing after an hour or two use??

No but possibly because you have touched the glass with your fingers.

no i used some kitchen towel around the glass,as per instructions

SEAANGLING December 17th, 2003 07:34 PM

mfa hedlamp mk1

no i used some kitchen towel around the glass,as per instructions

Then I'm afraid it may be something more technical like a loose wire.

marktattoo December 17th, 2003 11:50 PM

mfa hedlamp mk1

"jason" wrote in message
anybody know why my krypton bulb is blowing after an hour or two use??

I had one of these lights and still do, I had a problem with mine blowing

fuses, tracked it down to a dodgy wire in the voltage dropper on the cord,
maybe yours in blowing bulbs instead, may be of some help or none at all,
try a different cord see if you get any joy.

marktattoo