FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Western Clave Impressions (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18322)

Willi July 17th, 2005 06:16 PM

Western Clave Impressions

I've been going to the Western Claves since they started. This one was
fairly typical and had the stuff that keeps me going back - fine
fishing, good companionship, beautiful country,......

Like usual, there were some flamboyant incidents like "kerosene" Joe and
his astonishing, forest fire avoiding, pyrotechnics display; Wayno's
serenade to the young Amish girls that got us in trouble with the
campmaster; and various and sundry minor injuries, but most of my
impressions are of a more mundane sort....

Watching Danl work a rising fish for a half hour going through numerous
fly changes and finally landing it without spooking it off (this from a
guy who could barely cast a fly at the first Clave)

Visiting one of my favorite small waters where I saw some interesting
Brown trout behavior (and caught some nice fish)

Hearing about Bruce's vacuuming job on the Madison (but unfortunately
spending little fishing time with him). Bruce was even more "on fire"
than usual, fishing with an intensity that was impressive even for him

Finding out I could still make the hike in to Slough Creek (beautiful
place) without too much trouble

Watching Jeff become "of age" on the Madison

Seeing lots of wildlife that included moose, mule deer, elk, beaver,
white tail deer, muskrat, marmot, coyote, bison, bighorn sheep,
antelope, many different birds and assorted ground creatures and having
a couple fine conversations with a talkative Marmot and a taciturn Bison
(missed seeing a grizzly sow and her cub at Slough by about fifteen minutes)

Had a good time

Willi

Guy Thornberg July 18th, 2005 02:25 AM

Seeing lots of wildlife that included moose, mule deer, elk, beaver,
white tail deer, muskrat, marmot, coyote, bison, bighorn sheep,
antelope, many different birds and assorted ground creatures and having
a couple fine conversations with a talkative Marmot and a taciturn Bison
(missed seeing a grizzly sow and her cub at Slough by about fifteen

minutes)

Had a good time

Willi

Willi,
Chas got some good shots of the grizzly on Slough with his massive Nikon. To
cool. He should be home Monday and hopefully post to ABPF.
Guy

[email protected] July 18th, 2005 11:01 PM

Isn't someone compiling a CD? I thought Danl made that announcement at
the Happy Hour but I just can't remember who the volunteer was...

bruce h

Wayne Harrison July 18th, 2005 11:20 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Isn't someone compiling a CD? I thought Danl made that announcement at
the Happy Hour but I just can't remember who the volunteer was...

bruce h

i have several images i would like to post, so please guide me to the
proper website.

yfitons
wayno

Tim J. July 18th, 2005 11:56 PM

Wayne Harrison wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Isn't someone compiling a CD? I thought Danl made that announcement
at the Happy Hour but I just can't remember who the volunteer was...

i have several images i would like to post, so please guide me to
the proper website.

It would be really cool if Danl could compile the "top twenty" or so
photos and send them to me at timj at sbcma dot com so everyone could
see them. I'll display them on the http://css.sbcma.com/timj/roffpics/
site in a place of honor.
--
TL,
Tim

Danl July 19th, 2005 12:52 AM

"Tim J." wrote in message
It would be really cool if Danl could compile the "top twenty" or so
photos and send them to me at timj at sbcma dot com so everyone could see
them. I'll display them on the http://css.sbcma.com/timj/roffpics/ site in
a place of honor.
--
TL,
Tim
---------------------------
http://css.sbcma.com/timj/

Well...errr...ummm...tell me again how I got volunteered for the CD
compilation duties.........Ah, nevermind. If nobody else wants to do
anything fancier, I'll be happy to compile any and all binaries into a
single CD, or set thereof, and distribute same to all contributors of said
binaries. Anyone else that wants a copy owes me a beer...maybe two beers. If
anyone wants to do something else, like a slideshow set to music or some
other multimedia extravaganza, please step forward. Contributors should
unmunge my email and send me an email stating thus so as to get an addy to
send said binaries. Please don't send them to my usual email addy as my
soupcan-string-soupcan connection will puke on anything over about 2k
bytes/fortnight.

Again, anyone else that wants to do a compilation, please speak up.

As to picking a Top 20, I don't think that there were twenty hero shots
taken of me with fish, but I could be wrong.....

Danl

Wolfgang July 19th, 2005 01:25 AM

"Danl" wrote in message

.....Anyone else that wants a copy owes me a beer

O.k.

....maybe two beers.

*******! Oh.....all right!

We're even.

Wolfgang
who begins to understand why he isn't wealthy. :(

Danl July 19th, 2005 01:46 AM

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

We're even.

Well that's what I thought, but most of the bastids herein keep saying we're
"odd". Who's to know who's correct.....

Wolfgang
who begins to understand why he isn't wealthy. :(

Send a snailmail addy sometime between now and then and I'll send the CD..

Danl
..

Danl July 19th, 2005 02:45 AM

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
Gracias, mon Freund.

Wolfgang
who, in the spirit of reciprocity, would be delighted to send by return

mail
the classic 300 photo cd, "The Evolution of Our Front Yard". :)

Oddly, I already have the original version, but thanks. However, if you have
the 2005 version, the one where the Amish Strippers take on the Mormon Girl
Scouts in a best of 49 games of Nekkid Volleyball on the grass court just
right of your sidewalk, I'd like to have a copy.

Danl

...who has always supported the true artists.......

Wolfgang July 19th, 2005 02:46 AM

"Danl" wrote in message

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

We're even.

Well that's what I thought, but most of the bastids herein keep saying
we're
"odd". Who's to know who's correct.....

Horton......or so I hear.