FishingBanter

-   Saltwater Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How to dry Abalone? (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=39226)

[email protected] February 26th, 2017 01:30 AM

How to dry Abalone?

The method I utilize is with salt...
I clean the abalone ...
Using a meatloaf glass container ...
Cover the bottom with large rock salt...
Place the abalone on top of the salt bed.
Then cover the abalone with more rock salt
( a lot of salt ( small salt crystals will
Make it too salty )
Put it in the microwave and select sensor
reheat...
Let cool down...
Repeat the reheat process at lest 4 to 5
times till desired texture is reached...

I use an electric slicer, but I freeze the abalone first...

[email protected] March 8th, 2017 06:59 PM

How to dry Abalone?

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 2:30:03 PM UTC-10, wrote:
The method I utilize is with salt...
I clean the abalone ...
Using a meatloaf glass container ...
Cover the bottom with large rock salt...
Place the abalone on top of the salt bed.
Then cover the abalone with more rock salt
( a lot of salt ( small salt crystals will
Make it too salty )
Put it in the microwave and select sensor
reheat...
Let cool down...
Repeat the reheat process at lest 4 to 5
times till desired texture is reached...

I use an electric slicer, but I freeze the abalone first...

Are you talking about the regular pkg of Hawaiian Salt?,you buy in the store, or is there another type that's "LARGE", or the kind fisherman use to store their fresh caught fish?