FishingBanter

-   Saltwater Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Big Fish and Big Water Boat - Marlin, Tuna, Dorado, Yellowtail (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=30407)

[email protected] January 4th, 2008 05:45 PM

Big Fish and Big Water Boat - Marlin, Tuna, Dorado, Yellowtail

Hi to all you Fishermen,

Just thought this page needed some talk of fishing. Not long ago the
marlin off of Baja California went off. Big Time. Maybe you saw the
news in some of the mags.

I happened to be one of 4 lucky anglers going south on a sweet 68 foot
Nordlund sportfisher at the right time. We had 4 days of fantastic
fishing. For just the 4 of us we brought 53 marlin to the boat for 52
released and one DOA and went into the fish hold.

49 of the fish were Live bait. Now that is a really fun way to fight
marlin. All was stand up. No fighting chair. Many hook ups became
unbuttoned after 3 to 10 minutes of fight. We had so much fun we
started to call it an Epic trip.

So if you are a big game fisherman and want to see the photos ...
http://www.nordlund68.com/EpicFishTrip.htm

That would wet your appetite for fishing and getting a line wet. Also
just got an email of a nice recent catch of a 643# Pacific Blue Marlin
in HI last week. Hmmm, where do I post the photo.

Best Wishes for Tight Lines in 2008.

Keith L.

Jerommebarnes April 27th, 2011 08:26 PM

One thing you need to remember is that you need for ecologically responsible trophy, the fish catch. It is very tempting to get your trophy, but it can actually catch up to do great harm to the environment. A large fish, because it is a large amount of valuable ecological eggs. In order to catch trophy fish, you need to know where they are, when they are most likely to bite. When the trophy strabismus fishing, you need to fish in the fall. This is when they are more likely to take your bait. If the bait is moving slowly, it will be more attractive to larger fish. You may need to see, such as the shallow reefs, weed beds and basins, where these fish because they tend to gather.