FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing Tying (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pattern Question (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=19103)

Rusty Unger September 6th, 2005 11:52 PM

Pattern Question

I am newer to fly tying and jig tying, I have been doing it for a
couple of months now, and really enjoy it, but I have a question.
Where can I find good patterns on the internet with photos of most
steps, not just the finished product. Being newer to this it doesn't
help me much to just see a finished product, although I have tied off
single pictures before. Thanks.

Russell Unger

JR September 7th, 2005 12:03 AM

Rusty Unger wrote:

Where can I find good patterns on the internet with photos of most
steps, not just the finished product. Being newer to this it doesn't
help me much to just see a finished product, although I have tied off
single pictures before. Thanks.

They don't get any better than this:

http://troutflies.com/tutorials/

briansfly September 7th, 2005 12:10 AM

Rusty Unger wrote:
I am newer to fly tying and jig tying, I have been doing it for a
couple of months now, and really enjoy it, but I have a question.
Where can I find good patterns on the internet with photos of most
steps, not just the finished product. Being newer to this it doesn't
help me much to just see a finished product, although I have tied off
single pictures before. Thanks.

Russell Unger

The one JR recommended is about as good as it gets. This is another good
site for tying tutorials.

http://www.flyfishnorcal.org/php-nuk...owpage&pid=133

Have fun!
brians

vincent p. norris September 7th, 2005 01:42 AM

In addition to those two sites, you can type the name of a fly into
Google and sometimes, though not always, find a site with tying
instructions.

vince

Tony & Barb Vellturo September 7th, 2005 11:53 AM

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 18:52:39 -0400, Rusty Unger
wrote:

I am newer to fly tying and jig tying, I have been doing it for a
couple of months now, and really enjoy it, but I have a question.
Where can I find good patterns on the internet with photos of most
steps, not just the finished product. Being newer to this it doesn't
help me much to just see a finished product, although I have tied off
single pictures before. Thanks.

Russell Unger

Try troutflies.com. I find it an excellent source. Just click on
tutorials.

Tony in VT

Tony & Barb Vellturo September 8th, 2005 04:01 AM