FishingBanter

-   Bass Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Finally caught more than one bass (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=1949)

RGarri7470 April 9th, 2004 10:31 PM

Finally caught more than one bass

In a tournament. I was getting pretty disgusted - have not weighed in but one
bass per day in any tournament since last October, I think. Only zeroed one out
of the 8 I have fished since then, but it was getting discouraging. I was about
ready to skip the Top Six scheduled for the same time as the Southern Open.

I managed to win my club tournament last weekend at Eufaula with a pretty poor
catch. I caught a 15 inch keeper off the islands above Lake Point first thing,
then lost a 3 pounder there. Caught a 14 inch keeper off the rocks at Lake
Point at 11:00, then caught a 5.3 pounder on a point just above the bridge. Got
my 4th keeper off the riprap at the bridge at 2 - 4 weighing 10.6 pounds total
weight. On Sunday I landed one 16 inch keeper down the lake. My best bait was
a Carolina rigged lizard - got my three biggest fish on it, also got one on a
jig and pig and one on a Suddeth crankbait. It was tough.

The Top Six is at Eufaula. Don't have a clue what to do.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Bob La Londe April 9th, 2004 10:59 PM

"RGarri7470" wrote in message
[...]

Its like that some days. I know Manual Garcia and I were sure surprised one
day a couple months ago. we had a total of three fish in the boat and the
biggest was a hair over three pounds. We wound up with a solid fourth place
finish out of about 20 teams.

The Top Six is at Eufaula. Don't have a clue what to do.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Andrew Kidd April 10th, 2004 12:16 AM

Finally caught more than one bass

"RGarri7470" wrote in message
In a tournament.

SNIP
4 weighing 10.6 pounds total
weight. On Sunday I landed one 16 inch keeper down the lake. My best bait

was
a Carolina rigged lizard - got my three biggest fish on it, also got one

on a
jig and pig and one on a Suddeth crankbait. It was tough.

The Top Six is at Eufaula. Don't have a clue what to do.

Nice little confidence builder going into the Top Six. I imagine you'll
figure something out... At least you got past the single keeper thing!

Good luck!

--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

John Kerr April 10th, 2004 01:18 AM

Finally caught more than one bass

Ronnie...nice going! Carry it on thru the Top Six!
JK

go-bassn April 11th, 2004 10:18 PM

Finally caught more than one bass

Do what you did when you kicked my butt at Dale Hollow Ron, just go fishing
& use your instincts!

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/