FishingBanter

-   Fly Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Toy (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=34758)

Frank Reid © 2008 September 26th, 2009 03:56 PM

New Toy

My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Ken Fortenberry September 26th, 2009 04:50 PM

New Toy

Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Sweet.

--
Ken Fortenberry

rw September 26th, 2009 05:21 PM

New Toy

Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Seems like a nice idea, given that the rod is made from wood.

Are you also planning to use a vastly improved silk line, horsehair
leader, and gut tippet?

I prefer modern materials, but each to his own.

Frank Reid[_2_] September 26th, 2009 05:27 PM

New Toy

My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Seems like a nice idea, given that the rod is made from wood.

Are you also planning to use a vastly improved silk line, horsehair
leader, and gut tippet?

I prefer modern materials, but each to his own.

I do have the silk line, I'm prepping it now. I've also made my own
furled leaders. Finally, after my surgery last year, I think I can do
the gut tippet, though there were a couple of weak spots that I'll
have to work around.
Frank Reid

rw September 26th, 2009 05:41 PM

New Toy

Frank Reid wrote:
My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Seems like a nice idea, given that the rod is made from wood.

Are you also planning to use a vastly improved silk line, horsehair
leader, and gut tippet?

I prefer modern materials, but each to his own.

I do have the silk line, I'm prepping it now. I've also made my own
furled leaders. Finally, after my surgery last year, I think I can do
the gut tippet, though there were a couple of weak spots that I'll
have to work around.
Frank Reid

You'll also need a silly hat.

Frank Reid[_2_] September 26th, 2009 07:39 PM

New Toy

My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
http://www.almightyrod.com/Tri-Hex_Rods.html

Seems like a nice idea, given that the rod is made from wood.

Are you also planning to use a vastly improved silk line, horsehair
leader, and gut tippet?

I prefer modern materials, but each to his own.

I do have the silk line, I'm prepping it now. *I've also made my own
furled leaders. *Finally, after my surgery last year, I think I can do
the gut tippet, though there were a couple of weak spots that I'll
have to work around.
Frank Reid

You'll also need a silly hat.

Man, there are too many rules in this sport! So, will this one work?
http://www.eliznik.org.uk/RomaniaPor.../hat_sibiu.htm
Frank Reid
(who actually has one)

Tim Lysyk September 26th, 2009 07:59 PM

New Toy

Frank Reid wrote:
[...]

That is a great link. I have an interest in Ukrainian dance and
costumes. The Bukovinian region of Romania is shared with Ukraine, and
there are a number of similarities among the costumes.

You never what what you will read on ROFF.

Tim Lysyk

Bill Grey September 26th, 2009 08:58 PM

New Toy

In message
,
Frank Reid writes
[...]

Where will you clip your magnifiers?
--
Bill Grey

George Cleveland September 26th, 2009 09:03 PM

New Toy

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 11:39:23 -0700 (PDT), Frank Reid
wrote:

[...]

That'll do, Frank. That'll do.

Geo. C.

rw September 26th, 2009 09:25 PM

[...]