FishingBanter

-   Saltwater Fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Galveston/Freeport fishing (http://www.fishingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=5252)

Gary September 29th, 2003 02:12 PM

Galveston/Freeport fishing

Guess I've been to busy to keep up with the runs... but this past weekend
the shallow surf- between the first and second sand bar at low tide and
before the first sand bar at high tide was full of 15+ inch whiting -
cleaned a few for lunch and they are full of roe - so I'd guess they'll be
moving out soon - excellent table fish why everyone ignores them and goes
after bull reds(30+lb) is something I've never understood. A few flounder
are showing up at the passes, but not in the numbers they will as soon as
the water goes below 70.
Gary