Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jack Schmitt
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying October 24th, 2008, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 0
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Test

Test only.
Forum: Bass Fishing October 23rd, 2008, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Underwater Camera Help

wrote in message
My brothers and sisters are looking at purchasing an underwater cam. Any
help...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 1st, 2008, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Jack Schmitt
That's it for now

Thank, God for G. Cleveland. A stimulating trip report in the midst of all
this other garbage.

Jack
Forum: Fishing Photos July 27th, 2008, 11:54 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 5
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Weiss Lake Alabama Gator

This is a 28 foot gator as reported by KTBS of Birmingham. I have fished
many a day in this lake but, I have never seen anything like this.
Forum: Bass Fishing July 22nd, 2008, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Never Give Up

"John B" wrote in message

Never Give Up

Ran up to my favorite night time spot and, sure enough, there sat David.
Forum: Fly Fishing July 5th, 2008, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Rod repair advice

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
Traditional ferrule cement seemed not to adhere
to IM6 graphite when I needed to replace a tiptop.
Forum: Bass Fishing June 24th, 2008, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 1
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Quebec trip (short)

My son and I spent 5 days in the Kipawa lake area of eastern Quebec from
June 8 through June 14. I have been fishing the area since 1982 and the
small mouth fishing has held up very well.

Most of...
Forum: Fishing Photos June 24th, 2008, 06:02 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 0
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Quebec Smallmouth trip

I am posting 3 pictures of a recent smallmouth fishing trip to western
Quebec. A short trip report will be posted on ROFB.
Forum: Bass Fishing May 9th, 2008, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Drop Shot hook help

I would appreciate some suggestions for a drop shot hook. I have not found
one that I really like.

TIA.
Jack
Forum: Fly Fishing April 13th, 2008, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Jack Schmitt
worth the time

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_HEzWYu_Nk&feature=related

How this gentleman can sit there without a...
Forum: Fishing Photos March 13th, 2008, 12:04 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 0
Posted By Jack Schmitt
OT but worth a read.

The attached file was sent to me. It is not about fishing but it must be
nice to have a protector like this.

Jack
Forum: Fly Fishing January 24th, 2008, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By Jack Schmitt
OT for whisky lovers

On my last trip to Scotland to visit friends near Edinburgh, I had some
haggis which I thought was black pudding. It was delicious.

J.

"BJ Conner" wrote in message...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 20th, 2008, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By Jack Schmitt
HOOKED

"while-one" wrote in message
On Jan 17, 5:13 pm, (Milo Milo) wrote:

Forum: Bass Fishing January 18th, 2008, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Great news for my rig

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
I thought I would share, as this has been a long haul for me that some on
here have been watching,, others...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 17th, 2008, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 16
Posted By Jack Schmitt
another bumpkin question

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I have fished in lower Chile
and Argentina 4 times over the last 10 years. I think you are, on the
basis of my experience, going to run into access...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 11th, 2008, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Jack Schmitt
West Point with Dan

"Ronnie" wrote in message
Thursday - 1-10-08 - Day 10

Dan arrived at about dark last night -...
Forum: Fishing Photos November 25th, 2007, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 0
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Fishing clip from down under.

A friend sent this to me. I don't intend to try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nmxwLYeJOU&feature=related

Jack in cold and wet Tennessee.
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying November 17th, 2007, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 0
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Floss Fly

Fishy's Favorites for Bass, Trout, and Salt Water - Google Books Result

The fly is listed under this link. Sorry, but fumble fingers this afternoon.
Raking leaves when I should be fishing.
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying November 16th, 2007, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 0
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Floss Fly

Do a Google search for: floss+fly. There is a fly with instructions there
that may be the one you are looking for.
Forum: Bass Fishing November 13th, 2007, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Help with a knot

I wonder if anyone is using any knot other than a Palomar to tie in the hook
on a dropshot rig ??

Thanks.
Forum: Bass Fishing October 31st, 2007, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 0
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Short trip report of a short trip

I fished Percy Priest just east of Nashville on Monday afternoon. Wind was
out of the NW at about 10 and a full moon was present. Surface temp was 65F.
I started at 3PM and I generally do not do...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 30th, 2007, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 279
Posted By Jack Schmitt
He was a good dog

This was sent to me after I lost my Lab and best fishing buddy, Charlie. It
says it all.

Subject: Canine Philosophy

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying October 23rd, 2007, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 6
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Information

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:13:39 -0500, "Jack Schmitt"
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying October 23rd, 2007, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 6
Posted By Jack Schmitt
Information

Name I was looking for is "cisco".