Showing results 1 to 25 of 69
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alec Powell
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing June 14th, 2010, 05:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 3
Posted By Alec Powell
Peterborough - East of England Show

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010, Neil, gave forth these words of wisdom:
The river Nene isn't very far away.
Thanks Neil but I decided to take the easy way out and have a day at
Ferry Meadows Country Park....
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing June 11th, 2010, 05:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 3
Posted By Alec Powell
Peterborough - East of England Show

Next week I am off to the East of England Show at Peterborough where my
wife is exhibiting, (no smutty remarks please :-)
I'm thinking of taking a bit of ledger tackle with me
Any ideas for a bit of...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing June 7th, 2010, 06:30 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 7
Posted By Alec Powell
What's happening here? (Sandsfoot Castle area)

On Sun, 16 May 2010, Derek Moody, gave forth these words of wisdom:
This year has started slowly. Everything is about a month behind - more
like the old days. So: About now the bass are just...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing May 18th, 2010, 08:01 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 7
Posted By Alec Powell
What's happening here? (Sandsfoot Castle area)

On Tue, 18 May 2010, Derek Moody, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Will you remember me from Brenig some years back I wonder? :-)

If I see a bloke with Dave's hook still in his ear I'll say...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing May 17th, 2010, 03:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 7
Posted By Alec Powell
What's happening here? (Sandsfoot Castle area)

On Sun, 16 May 2010, Derek Moody, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Right now I'm facing an 'orrible deadline but I hope to get out towards the
end of the week so I might see you down there ;-)
As...
Forum: UK Game Fishing May 16th, 2010, 09:23 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Replies: 9
Posted By Alec Powell
Did someone mention Llandegfedd?

On Sat, 15 May 2010, Bill Grey, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Is this for real ? - I hadn't heard about it!

Regards,

Bill
No Bill, I joke. As far as I know he is fit and well and I...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing May 15th, 2010, 07:52 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 7
Posted By Alec Powell
What's happening here? (Sandsfoot Castle area)

Nobody talk fishing anymore or has everyone gone over to the multitude
of forums around nowadays?
All the threads are crap!
Anyway I am off to Weymouth on Tuesday and am staying near Sandsfoot...
Forum: UK Game Fishing May 15th, 2010, 07:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Replies: 9
Posted By Alec Powell
Did someone mention Llandegfedd?

On Wed, 5 May 2010, Just Dave, gave forth these words of wisdom:
On Apr 30, 5:34*pm, "Sam Kennedy" wrote:
Hi Dave,

Well I'm living just outside Chester now so...
Forum: UK Game Fishing December 19th, 2009, 09:56 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Replies: 5
Posted By Alec Powell
Seasons Greetings.

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Bill Grey, gave forth these words of wisdom:

"diamonds" wrote in message
Yes...
Forum: UK Game Fishing December 9th, 2009, 09:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Replies: 8
Posted By Alec Powell
Missing Posts?

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Sandy Birrell, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Bill Grey wrote:
"Sandy Birrell" wrote in message
Forum: UK Game Fishing February 14th, 2009, 07:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Replies: 10
Posted By Alec Powell
Sturdy's Fancy

Gents,
Firstly is it still worth using this group anymore?
Maybe Usenet is a thing of the past?
Anyway, maybe Bill or some other fly tiers might be able to give me the
ingredients and instructions...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing May 15th, 2008, 09:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 3
Posted By Alec Powell
Fred J Taylor

Fred J Taylor, who died 7 May 2008 aged 89, became one of Britain's
best-known countrymen as the author of a stream of books and articles on
fishing, rabbiting and other aspects of rural life; for...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing December 5th, 2007, 09:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Replies: 13
Posted By Alec Powell
deep sea fishin

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, pete, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Is* there* anyone* interested* in* fishing* the* waters* east* of* Qld*
Australia* ,* off* shore* on* the* reefs** ?
Not 'alf! Will you...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 24th, 2007, 11:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 16
Posted By Alec Powell
A bit more advice on pike lure please

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Derek Moody, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Big plug making can be a productive hobby - crude whittling and
smoothing skills are about all you need. Balsa is too bouyant...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing November 1st, 2007, 01:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 1
Posted By Alec Powell
Reel recommendation

Hi guys,
This winter I'm planning to do a fair bit of spinning on the local
rivers, (Thame, Thames, Windrush Andy?) and have decided that my 35 year
old ABU 504 needs to be retired and...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing October 15th, 2007, 06:20 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 9
Posted By Alec Powell
Polish Pikers

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007, The Midnight Rider, gave forth these words of
wisdom:
We had the problem at a local pool but they were taking the tench, the
pool now sports 2 mountain bikes and 3 sets of...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing September 30th, 2007, 12:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 8
Posted By Alec Powell
Pennnel rig

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007, Derek Moody, gave forth these words of wisdom:
What prompted the question?
Without boring anyone senseless with this reply, I find that doing my
autumn digging on my allotment...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing September 28th, 2007, 06:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 8
Posted By Alec Powell
Pennnel rig

This seems to be a sad case. Is this NG defunct?
If not then tell me all about pennel rigs and maybe could educate anyone
who is interested in worming.
Tight lines

--
Alec Powell Watlington Oxon....
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing August 11th, 2007, 12:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, Derek Moody, gave forth these words of wisdom:
I last used one back in the winter and I shall do so again when
appropriate.
******** Derek,
They do more harm than good...
Forum: UK Game Fishing July 15th, 2007, 01:46 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Replies: 6
Posted By Alec Powell
May be of interest to some of you.

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007, Mike, gave forth these words of wisdom:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/Flycorner?hl=en

http://www.mike-connor.homepage.t-online.de/

Regards and tight lines!

Mike...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing March 20th, 2007, 08:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 24
Posted By Alec Powell
Why do we go fishing?

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, clive_forman, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Answer : because no closed season on our lakes.
Now here comes an old argument guaranteed to start a fight :-)
Isn't a pity that...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing March 19th, 2007, 10:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 24
Posted By Alec Powell
Why do we go fishing?

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, peakstroller, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Question : Why do we go fishing?
Answer : ?
We don't .
The season is over. :-)
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec Powell
Forum: UK Sea Fishing March 18th, 2007, 08:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

Thanks Mac,
As you can see from previous posts to this thread I have already found
the info I was after,
Cheers,
Alec

--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing March 10th, 2007, 07:07 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 24
Posted By Alec Powell
Why do we go fishing?

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Andy Lawson, gave forth these words of wisdom:
'cos a bad day's fishing
And we've had a few of these haven't we Andy? :-)
--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap...
Forum: UK Coarse Fishing March 9th, 2007, 10:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Replies: 5
Posted By Alec Powell
new rod license law

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, clive, gave forth these words of wisdom:
it's ok I'm not a nutter. :-))
That's a pity. Most anglers are :-)
Good luck to you mate and tight lines,
Alec