Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John
Forum: Bass Fishing April 12th, 2007, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By John
Does Spawn Fishing Hurt Bass Population?

Oregon Fish and Wildlife thinks so. see (page down) to
Special Request for Crane Prairie Lake: :

http://members.tripod.com/~merilu88/a_tmbc.html

Seems like the previously voluminous but illegally...
Forum: Fishing Photos April 10th, 2007, 05:30 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 21
Posted By John
Frog Baits OT

Way to go Randy! And they float!!!!
Is there a way to rig them so that their legs and tail hang down and their
head floats at water level? That would make a very lifelike frog!
Way to...
Forum: Fishing Photos April 9th, 2007, 07:14 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 10
Posted By John
Live bait to bass fish with. Right or Wrong?

Donut Don opined to the use of live bait question:

Here in Oregon it is illegal to use live bait. Some very selfish
people trying to catch the "big one" introduced Tui chub to several
lakes....
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying March 16th, 2007, 09:56 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 3
Posted By John
Chicken Hackels and such

JGMD opined:

Just wonding what chicken pelts are worth these days,
snipped for brevity
Gerry

Why don't you find out? Open a PayPal account. Take digital pictures of
your pelts. Post them...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 19th, 2007, 08:52 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By John
The Pale Rider

"George Cleveland" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:41:45 GMT, "rb608"
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying January 8th, 2007, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 6
Posted By John
sequine popper

It really looks good.. Thanks for posting it.

The sequine looks like a propeller blade. What is the sequine's purpose on
the fly? It is supposed to make the bug wiggle when stripped or just...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying January 3rd, 2007, 07:15 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 6
Posted By John
sequine popper

Congratulations and please post a pic plus tying instructions. Tell us how
it came about.
Thanks for sharing.
John
"Larry and a Cat named Dub" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 23rd, 2006, 08:18 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 17
Posted By John
Lost my fishing buddy

My deepest condolences also to you in this time of grief.

My Dad was my fishing buddy also. Yesterday and today I spent time with my
grandsons telling them about some of Dad's fish stories. As...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying November 8th, 2006, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 2
Posted By John
Big Hooks?

YES!! Thank you. I'll check out Gamakatsu's Siwash and Eagle Claw's Siwash
too. They might be a bit too short.

Gamakatsu's SP11-3L3H Perfect Bend may also be an alternate to the Mustad
3407. ...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying November 7th, 2006, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 2
Posted By John
Big Hooks?

I have a fly tying project that needs a few big hooks. Any suggestions for
hooks that will work? I am considering the Mustad 34011 but hopefully there
is a round bend out there...
Forum: Fishing Photos November 7th, 2006, 06:17 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 0
Posted By John
Fishing Pictures 13

Great Shot! Way to go!

John

"Alwaysfishking" wrote in message

Forum: Fly Fishing October 19th, 2006, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By John
What Fly Fishing Book?

What do you look for in book about fly fishing such that you will actually
take action and buy it?

In another thread, Larry L. posted what he liked in his 2 favorites out of
140 fly fishing books...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 16th, 2006, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By John
Ping!! MS geeks

MS calls them Symbols in Word. Click on the INSERT Menu, then click Symbol
and look in Subsets to find those that suit your needs. If you can't find
what you need, maybe a standards group has...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 18th, 2006, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 17
Posted By John
Bass in a Aquarium

Muskoka asked:
Does anyone know if it's legal or possible to keep Largemouth bass and
sunfish in a
aquarium at his wife's school. Would it be hard to keep or too messy?

Yes I know it is possible...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 14th, 2006, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 18
Posted By John
Well THIS really blows!!!

Best wishes and Good Luck to you!
John
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...
I just got back from the cardiologist and...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying August 21st, 2006, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 11
Posted By John
Losing fish at the tying bench: method 2047

"Stephen Welsh" asked:

Clousers on Circle hooks.

Use 'em for flys?

We have tried circle hooks on popping bugs and they absolutely DO NOT CATCH
SQUAT! LM bass and bluegill strike circle hook...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 1st, 2006, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By John
Free Reel Schematics

Where is Ross?

John
wrote in message
Hi everyone,
We just started up a new site with thousands of Free Reel...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 22nd, 2006, 07:56 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By John
How big is this bass? (See photo)

"Gene" opined:
We caught this bass ~10PM , July the 14th , 2006 on
Stillhouse Lake, near Killeen, TX - then chunked him
back into the water.

When I first read your description, sez I, "It...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18