Showing results 1 to 25 of 59
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Rickard
Forum: Bass Fishing July 29th, 2007, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Rickard
Triton Steve

"The Great Gazooka" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 15:14:41 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
Forum: Fishing Photos July 15th, 2007, 04:22 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Rickard
Moonlight Magic

Jerry, that "old Green Goddess" was simply renamed, but not otherwise
changed in any way. It is now called "Green Sunfish." Enjoy... it is the
same killer it always was.

Bob...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 9th, 2007, 04:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 52
Posted By Bob Rickard
What are the weirdest things you've caught while fishing ?

This is easy to remember. I have "caught" exactly 4 Cottonmouths, although I
don't believe that "caught" is exactly the right word. The fact is that I
intentionally snagged each in the back with...
Forum: UK Sea Fishing June 9th, 2007, 04:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By Bob Rickard
What are the weirdest things you've caught while fishing ?

This is easy to remember. I have "caught" exactly 4 Cottonmouths, although I
don't believe that "caught" is exactly the right word. The fact is that I
intentionally snagged each in the back with...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 9th, 2007, 04:56 PM Posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.marine.misc,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 48
Posted By Bob Rickard
What are the weirdest things you've caught while fishing ?

This is easy to remember. I have "caught" exactly 4 Cottonmouths, although I
don't believe that "caught" is exactly the right word. The fact is that I
intentionally snagged each in the back with...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 26th, 2007, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Rickard
One of the best days yet!!!!!

John, that is further proof that those anglers that don't bother to work
with kids like that are the real losers, & they don't even realize their
losses.

Bob...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 14th, 2007, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 37
Posted By Bob Rickard
WHat is Spam

Posting SPAM is NEVER a good business practice. Seeking the advice of
long-time friends is ALWAYS a good business practice. It is time that you
learned the difference,...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 9th, 2007, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob Rickard
The Color Red

What you are missing in the equation is that red does NOT become invisible.
Fish still see it quite well, however they do not see it red. Instead, it
becomes some unknown mysterious shade of gray...
Forum: Fishing Photos May 1st, 2007, 02:36 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Rickard
Please Id this nasty loooking creature...

Lu, I'm sure that creature is my ex-wife!

Bob Rickard

"Lu Powell"...
Forum: Fishing Photos April 27th, 2007, 02:57 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob Rickard
Excuse me_

Excuse me... I am always amazed at the perfectly ON-TOPIC postings I see on
newsgroups that are apologetically labeled as off-topic for reasons beyond
any common sense reason. For example, this...
Forum: Bass Fishing April 25th, 2007, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By Bob Rickard
Why Lure Color Matters

Most predatory game fish evolved into creatures with a far wider visible
color reception bandwidth than humans could ever conceive. Few people would
argue that the direction of evolution has been...
Forum: Bass Fishing April 16th, 2007, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 23
Posted By Bob Rickard
Opinions needed!

Remember the most deep-set of important human emotions, Steve: The more
people see you, the more they think they know you. The more they see you,
the more they feel comfortable with you. The more...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 22nd, 2007, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Rickard
OT- Sharing a great experience with you

I forgot to mention that by far, most people who use subwoofers have them
set way too loud. This causes the bass to be boomy, flabby & anything but
tight & realistic. A subwoofer to a sound system...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 22nd, 2007, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Rickard
OT- Sharing a great experience with you

Your two satellites need not be aimed DIRECTLY at your head, Bob. Mine sit
right next to my video monitor & point in the same direction as the screen.
What is good to do if possible is to have...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 22nd, 2007, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob Rickard
OT- Sharing a great experience with you

Everyone in this group sits at a computer to take part here, but there is no
question that my environment & experience while doing so is probably far,
far more enjoyable than yours. You can easily...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 18th, 2007, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob Rickard
illegally won thousands of dollars at several fishing tournaments

That's a good start, Joe, but IMHO they should both also forfeit: A) their
thumbs, so they can't use baitcasting reels, & B) their index fingers, so
they can't use spinning reels. They will still...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 16th, 2007, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob Rickard
OT - Well, the other shoe has been dropped!

Steve, that falling shoe is probably the good Lord telling you that it is
time for a change of course, & as you know I speak from experience.

The doctors used to refer to my condition...
Forum: Fishing Photos January 9th, 2007, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Rickard
ping opus and wayne (Ralph's Dad)

Elmo is an absolutely cool looking dude that would be welcome to shadow me...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 9th, 2007, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Rickard
First 2007 Tournament

Looking into that army of needy eyes, as I dragged my bedraggled body out of
there in search of some sleep, would have probably destroyed me on the spot.
I have become a huge soft-hearted...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 9th, 2007, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Rickard
First 2007 Tournament

Ronnie, as a person lucky enough to have fished with you before, & as an
excellent observer of anything dealing with catching fish, I can assure you
that your "luck" is specifically the great...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 7th, 2007, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 20
Posted By Bob Rickard
A Keeper!!!!

Steve, again you & your wonderful family make me proud. BTW, you are going
to be needing a really BIG boat at this...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 6th, 2007, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob Rickard
More traffic over the horizon here

I just started looking at the local news for my home town here, St. Charles,
MO. We are growing so fast here I can't keep up; we are now the 2nd fastest
growing county in the nation... our traffic...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 6th, 2007, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob Rickard
What baits are working on the lake right now?

John, I just applauded your statements so hard that I hurt my hands! Truer
words were never spoken.

Bob...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 3rd, 2007, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 40
Posted By Bob Rickard
OTS... is SPAM in the eye of the beholder?

Joe Haubendreich has been a fixture in his community & with this group for
an extremely long time. I know Joe as well as most, & there is absolutely no
secret side to anything Joe does. His life...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 25th, 2006, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob Rickard
Merry Christmas, good people

It is an extreme pleasure to wish all of you good folks a most Merry
Christmas this beautiful morning. The odds against my being here to this
were far beyond a Octillion to one, but that is nothing...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 59