Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jeffc
Forum: Fishing Photos November 17th, 2006, 03:58 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 6
Posted By jeffc
Small Fall Brown

Beauty. The trout doesn't look small, but the rod looks a little big :-)
Forum: Fly Fishing November 8th, 2006, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By jeffc
Is An Uninformed Vote Better Than No Vote?

"Opus McDopus" wrote in message

But there's the rub. No one really knows **** about any candidate, I
don't care how *informed*...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 6th, 2006, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 38
Posted By jeffc
Line/rod weights and types of fish

"Oz" wrote in message

Let me follow your great comment up with what may seem a silly question.
You wrote that 6 wt...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 1st, 2006, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 187
Posted By jeffc
What's a boy to do?

"Jonathan Cook" wrote in message

You posed the problem _singularly_. One try. Probability is about
expected outcomes over lots of...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 29th, 2006, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 38
Posted By jeffc
Line/rod weights and types of fish

By the way, if you buy a used rod on eBay etc, then even if you don't like
it you can probably sell it back for what you got it for and get a different
size/type.
Forum: Fly Fishing October 29th, 2006, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 38
Posted By jeffc
Line/rod weights and types of fish

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
Don Phillipson wrote:
"Oz" wrote:
Does that...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 28th, 2006, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 187
Posted By jeffc
What's a boy to do?

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

The question.......what should you do?

The easiest way to convince yourself of the correct answer (since...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 28th, 2006, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 38
Posted By jeffc
Line/rod weights and types of fish

"Oz" wrote in message

Does that mean I will need a different rod/reel combo for panfish?

No not necessarily. As I...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 28th, 2006, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 38
Posted By jeffc
Line/rod weights and types of fish

"Oz" wrote in message

My question revolves around practicality and what I should purchase to
fish locally. We have a...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying October 21st, 2006, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 5
Posted By jeffc
failures

"Larry L" wrote in message

I have no clue why, it DOES look cool to me, and my brain is about trout
Forum: Fly Fishing October 10th, 2006, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 74
Posted By jeffc
Recommendations for 6wt fly rod under $200

"Mr. Opus McDopus" wrote in message

"jeffc" wrote in message

Forum: Fly Fishing October 10th, 2006, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By jeffc
need advice

"Rick Grigutis" wrote in message
hi everyone
i'm taking a weeklong trip to smoky mtn natl park in nov. i'd like...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 8th, 2006, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 74
Posted By jeffc
Recommendations for 6wt fly rod under $200

"Steve" wrote in message
On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 23:55:20 GMT, "jeffc" wrote:

People get real sick of...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 8th, 2006, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 74
Posted By jeffc
Recommendations for 6wt fly rod under $200

wrote in message

From a historical perspective, the Dems have no moral high ground on
this type of thing, and...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 6th, 2006, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By jeffc
Help on My Space

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

One thing it's infamous for is this: "An unknown error has occurred.
Technical...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 4th, 2006, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 74
Posted By jeffc
Recommendations for 6wt fly rod under $200

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message
However if you're more of a nymph fisherman, then a stiffer rod might be in
order.

Regarding that,...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 4th, 2006, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 74
Posted By jeffc
Recommendations for 6wt fly rod under $200

"Michael" wrote in message
Had a great trip with my son and my brother to Yellowstone! However...
I lost...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 17th, 2006, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By jeffc
Goin' fishin'

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
**** roff. I'm going fishing for a week or two.

That's the spirit!
Forum: Fly Fishing September 17th, 2006, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By jeffc
Casting while standing in water

"Wolf" wrote in message

Should I fish from the bank so the line stays dry, or is there a
technique...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 2nd, 2006, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 29
Posted By jeffc
Alaska Pictures

"bruiser" wrote in message
Here's some pictures from a great trip with RW, Danl, Willi, and Bevin.

Forum: Fly Fishing August 26th, 2006, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By jeffc
become a clear thinker

"Joe McIntosh" wrote in message

In current fishing magazine Jim Casada says a good fisherman should...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 21st, 2006, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 175
Posted By jeffc
To stock or not to stock a wild trout stream. That is the question.

"daytripper" wrote in message
http://www.benningtonbanner.com/localnews/ci_4200376

Discuss.

Don't know what's...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 21st, 2006, 03:19 AM Posted to alt.flute,alt.flyfishing,alt.folklore,alt.folklore.aromatherapy
Replies: 0
Posted By jeffc
Please help

"Ray" wrote in message
okay here it goes my name is ray and i just lost my job just this month
and i need help and i will...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 9th, 2006, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 103
Posted By jeffc
why would anyone bother with a baitcasting reel for freshwater ?

"Todd Copeland" wrote in message

Your posts asks why _"anyone"_ would use a baitcaster... not just
Forum: Bass Fishing August 9th, 2006, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 103
Posted By jeffc
why would anyone bother with a baitcasting reel for freshwater ?

"duty-honor-country" wrote in message

are you saying spinning reels are more prone to backlashes...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51