Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jeff
Forum: Fly Fishing April 24th, 2012, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By jeff
a most expensive CD

yikes!! not sure i should ask questions about the tampa trip...

lots of decent sal****er stuff... size and type of the lure depends on
what you're fishing for. you'll need planers or downriggers...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 19th, 2012, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By jeff
....got the fever....

when i had a place on elk creek in watauga county, nc a family (man,
woman, 2 kids) did the gold mining thing in the creek. really screwed
up the fishing...

jeff

On 3/18/2012 9:54 AM, Frank Reid...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 7th, 2012, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By jeff
fishin 'n da phils . . . OT

exotic. i like that. sorta like going fishing down in hyde county, nc,
except for the artesian spring and crowds. good to read your stuff again
john...keep at it.

jeff

On 1/7/2012 4:50 AM, john...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 23rd, 2011, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By jeff
way OT...but funny and seasonal

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/1ecf4eaf02/santa-election-2012?rel=player&playlist=featured_videos

On 12/23/2011 1:36 PM, jeff wrote:
sorry...you'll have to assemble and paste...

Forum: Fly Fishing December 23rd, 2011, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By jeff
way OT...but funny and seasonal

sorry...you'll have to assemble and paste...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/64ab585b5b/the-bachmanns-wish-you-merry-christmas?playlist=featured_videos
Forum: Fly Fishing December 15th, 2011, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By jeff
One last gasp, actual fish pictures

season's happiness to you and your'n, jon. thanks for the oxygen. roff
is kinda like that lake, and we're the trout, i reckon.

jeff in nc

On 12/14/2011 2:20 PM, Jonathan Cook wrote:
Hi all, I...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 10th, 2011, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By jeff
What the hell has happened to this place?

On 12/10/2011 3:59 PM, Tim J. wrote:
Frank Reid © typed:
On Dec 9, 10:45 pm, wrote:
On Dec 5, 11:16 am, Frank Reid ©...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 3rd, 2011, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By jeff
North Carolina

if any of the other usual suspects are gonna be there, let me know.
haven't heard from wayno. which dates do you think would be best...as
in least crowded, best fishing, low flow?

jeff

On...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 3rd, 2011, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By jeff
North Carolina

yup...even my correction was wrong... so, you back in the states or
still on the island...

jeff

On 12/3/2011 10:02 AM, john b wrote:
geezer

"jeff" wrote in message
Forum: Fly Fishing December 3rd, 2011, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By jeff
North Carolina

dave - have you set your dates for the spring fishing at lakewood?

jeff

On 12/2/2011 9:10 AM, D. LaCourse wrote:
Hmmmmm. Sounds like someone I know......... Nah, couldn't be
him.............
Forum: Fly Fishing December 2nd, 2011, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By jeff
What the hell has happened to this place?

there's now a facebook page... a few of us geezers still check in here
on occasion.

jeff

On 12/1/2011 11:59 PM, Chad wrote:
So I have been a little busy. Life, well... it's a kick in the ass...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 2nd, 2011, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By jeff
North Carolina

oops...that's suddenlink dot NET, not COM. jeez...

jeff

On 12/2/2011 2:18 AM, Chad wrote:
Well winter is here in good old Ohio. I am already planning my next
family vacation / fishing trip....
Forum: Fly Fishing December 2nd, 2011, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By jeff
North Carolina

send me an e-mail chad - jmiller at suddenlink dot com - and i'll give
you a few suggestions.

jeff

On 12/2/2011 2:18 AM, Chad wrote:
Well winter is here in good old Ohio. I am already planning...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 1st, 2011, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By jeff
Clavemeister's fishing spot going away?

http://www.ethicurean.com/2009/03/23/menhaden/
http://hamptonroads.com/2011/01/bills-menhaden-fishing-fall-short-once-again

On 11/30/2011 8:19 PM, Tom Littleton wrote:
On 11/30/2011 8:33 AM, jeff...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 1st, 2011, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By jeff
Clavemeister's fishing spot going away?

it's fairly well known menhaden (bunker, pogies, etc.) are being
overfished on the east coast. virginia fishery management is the
principal villain because of the commercial practices it...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 30th, 2011, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By jeff
Clavemeister's fishing spot going away?

economic realities and effective resource management realities often
conflict...and politicians are the worst managers of each. i personally
think the pendulum has swung wildly to policies of...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 22nd, 2011, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By jeff
So, did everyone believe the story...

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

ditto...

jeff
Forum: Fly Fishing November 21st, 2011, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
tr
Posted By jeff
tr

On 11/20/2011 8:45 PM, Giles wrote:
On Nov 20, 10:20 am, wrote:

weather sucked and the fishing was off - even the local guides
complained. the albies never...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 20th, 2011, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
tr
Posted By jeff
tr

in candid fear and recognition that i am now a geezer unsure about my
future days above the dirt, i took the entire month of october off to
chase puppy drum and false albacore. spent the month at...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 17th, 2011, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By jeff
Howdy and FS

congrats chuck...it'll be a longer drive to the smokies, but hope you
find and enjoy your own "bright country".

jeff

On 11/16/2011 10:36 AM, Conan The Librarian wrote:
Long time, no talk. I...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 17th, 2011, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By jeff
So, did everyone believe the story...

hope you have a great trip and the fishing is on. looking forward to
photos...

jeff

On 11/16/2011 10:50 AM, rw56 wrote:
On Nov 16, 6:46 am, Frank Reid © wrote:
that...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 21st, 2011, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 26
Posted By jeff
the death of roff

sandy seems a decent guy and was a valued source of info here...you
however, whoever you are, well, i can't recall reading anything of value
or interest from you...

so it goes...

jeff

On...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 18th, 2011, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By jeff
In that Sweet Country . . .

i bought the kindle, then the nook. neither replace books imo, but they
are convenient and allow a relatively inexpensive purchase of good (and
bad) literature. Rachel doesn't drive anymore and...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 16th, 2011, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By jeff
Pre-Fishing Report

please look for big dale from texas...he used to go to mountain home for
that show every year. i'd like to know he's still dazzling folks with
his wit and yarns...if you see him, tell him the...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 11th, 2011, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 26
Posted By jeff
the death of roff

g.