Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Danl[_3_]
Forum: Fly Fishing July 18th, 2009, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 42
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Rest in Peace

Frank, I am so sorry. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Danl

"Frank Reid © 2008" wrote in message...
Forum: Fishing Photos July 11th, 2009, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 4
Posted By Danl[_3_]
pamlico sound fishing

Good to see you've got the albatross off of Jim's back!

Nice fish!!! Leave some of those for October!

Danl

"jeff" wrote in message...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying August 7th, 2008, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 34
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Quill-bodied mayflies...

"jeff miller" wrote in message

btw, those cdc&elk and the killer caddis i first discovered through you
were...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 24th, 2008, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Graphite ferrule repair question

On a recent trip, I broke my favorite 2 piece, 9' 4wt, graphite rod. At
first, on the stream, I thought the rod had broken such that the entire
butt section ferrule area was left inside the tip...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 15th, 2008, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Danl[_3_]
San Diego

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
On Mar 6, 11:02 pm, Frank Reid wrote:
Any decent...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 11th, 2008, 02:34 AM Posted to alt.flyfishing
Replies: 277
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Catch and Release Hurts our Quality of Life

"Halfordian Golfer" wrote in message

Still, I struggle to think of any other animal we actually...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 11th, 2008, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.flyfishing
Replies: 277
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Catch and Release Hurts our Quality of Life

"Halfordian Golfer" wrote in message

Agreed. Drawing that line. It's a very interesting and...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 8th, 2008, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Danl[_3_]
San Diego

Well, an 8wt is a bit of overkill, but so what. OTOH, if you've got a
sinktip or sinking 5wt, I'd opt for that rig. You won't be doing any
distance casting, per se. The sand bass and spotted bass...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 8th, 2008, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Danl[_3_]
San Diego

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
On Mar 7, 7:40 pm, "Danl" danlfinn@*remove this*intergate.com...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 8th, 2008, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Danl[_3_]
San Diego

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
Any decent surf casting this time of year? Trying to figure out if...
Forum: Fishing Photos February 20th, 2008, 01:43 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 10
Posted By Danl[_3_]
february specks in nc

Yeah, well ya see, one must take pictures of trouts before one can post
them. I do have some scenery pics of the Owens from a trip a took there last
week. I caught lotso fish, but didn't take the...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 19th, 2008, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Fishing Vest weight discussion

No, but those are probably very similar. I looked for the exact one I have
at the Campmor site. The item number is still valid, but they no longer sell
them..

Here's a link to what I have....
Forum: Fly Fishing February 19th, 2008, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Fishing Vest weight discussion

"rb608" wrote in message
On Feb 19, 10:54 am, "Danl" danlfinn@*remove...
Forum: Fishing Photos February 19th, 2008, 04:57 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 10
Posted By Danl[_3_]
february specks in nc

Nice fish, Jeff. Its good to see people getting out in the dead of winter.

BTW, what's Jim so happy about?

Danl

"jeff miller" wrote in message...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 19th, 2008, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Fishing Vest weight discussion

"rb608" wrote in message
The subject of vest weight has come up before and again just...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 5th, 2008, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 41
Posted By Danl[_3_]
OT Karma Catches Up With Cheats

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message

"AKSkim" wrote in message
Forum: Fishing Photos September 2nd, 2007, 05:21 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 23
Posted By Danl[_3_]
photos of fishy places

Nice stuff, jeff!!

Danl

BTW, congratulations on mastering the posting of smaller jpg files! Thanks!

"jeff" wrote in message...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 23rd, 2007, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Montana and Wyoming

I was lucky enough to spend two weeks fishing in Montana and Wyoming. There
wasn't a western clave set, but that didn't deter a few of us from wandering
around the mountains looking for some new...
Forum: Fishing Photos July 22nd, 2007, 11:32 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 12
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Wyoming Pics

Our camp on the stream.
Forum: Fishing Photos July 22nd, 2007, 11:31 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 12
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Wyoming Pics

The scenery in that area wasn't much to look at, but it was ok...
Forum: Fishing Photos July 22nd, 2007, 11:30 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 12
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Wyoming Pics

Willi and a healthy Wyoming Cutt
Forum: Fishing Photos July 22nd, 2007, 11:30 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 12
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Wyoming Pics

We camped on a smaller stream in the Wyoming mountains.....
Forum: Fishing Photos July 22nd, 2007, 11:29 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 12
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Wyoming Pics

....and another.....
Forum: Fishing Photos July 22nd, 2007, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 12
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Wyoming Pics

Willi with another brown.
Forum: Fishing Photos July 22nd, 2007, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 12
Posted By Danl[_3_]
Wyoming Pics

Willi with a pretty fair brown.