Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: egildone
Forum: Fly Fishing February 24th, 2009, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By egildone
This might help melt the ice up north...

I don't know if this is really going to take place next week or not, but
thought the discussion may help melt the...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying November 13th, 2008, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 5
Posted By egildone
Is ROFFT working?

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
egildone wrote:
... With ROFF I get a fresh load every day.

LOL !!

Ken
When I said 'fresh load' I was NOT talking about the Veterans Day topic.

Thanks for the...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying November 13th, 2008, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 5
Posted By egildone
Is ROFFT working?

I guess its working, just no activity.

Ed

egildone wrote:
I haven't received a message on ROFFT since 11/8. With ROFF I get a
fresh load every day.

Ed
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying November 13th, 2008, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 5
Posted By egildone
Is ROFFT working?

I haven't received a message on ROFFT since 11/8. With ROFF I get a
fresh load every day.

Ed
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying October 29th, 2008, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 6
Posted By egildone
San Juan worm

I am trying to tie some San Juan worm patterns using some small chenille
that I bought, but is is too flexible. Is there anything that I can
use to stiffen the chenille? I cannot find the...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 23rd, 2008, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By egildone
flyfishing New Mexico

I am going to Red River and San Juan tail waters the second week in May.
I have never fished San Juan but have fished RR many years ago
and would like some help on where to go and what...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 11th, 2008, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 58
Posted By egildone
Cheney's new fishing companion

Wearing dark glasses while fly fishing can be dangerous!

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/04/10/CHENEY.html

Ed
Forum: Fly Fishing April 7th, 2008, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By egildone
Going to Jackson Hole 2nd week of May....

I am planning a vacation in Early May heading for Jackson Hole and
Yellowstone from Oklahoma City. I don't think I can afford a guide.
Can you roffers give me some advice on where to fish for...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 14th, 2007, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 43
Posted By egildone
Building your own fly rod questions

mdk77 wrote:
I ran across this on the internet and wondered what the advantages and
disadvantages are to building your own fly rod. Is this something the
average fisherman should stay away...
Forum: Fishing Photos June 17th, 2007, 11:31 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 4
Posted By egildone
Took grandson fishing

J & D Moe wrote:
"egildone" wrote in message
He hooked this on second cast in my brotherinlaw's pond!

He...
Forum: Fishing Photos June 12th, 2007, 02:02 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 4
Posted By egildone
Took grandson fishing

He hooked this on second cast in my brotherinlaw's pond!

He followed it to the bank on first cast.

Ed
Forum: Fly Fishing May 4th, 2007, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By egildone
Beginner casting question..

wrote:
Hello,
I'm new to fly fishing and have been practicing my overhead casting
out on the lawn. After about 15-20 minutes my forearm is really sore.
Is this a sign of...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 3rd, 2007, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By egildone
Beginner casting question..

asadi wrote:

Thanks I will give it a try. It might be from years of spin fishing
and heaving stuff out there...and not paying attention to my arc.
I'm with you on...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2007, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By egildone
Today's investor's edge...

Gary,

What happened to today's program?

Ed
Forum: Fly Fishing April 22nd, 2007, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 33
Posted By egildone
OT Senile Old Fool

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
egildone wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
The man has gone over the edge, WAY over the edge. The guy
is quite obviously senile and unstable.

He ought to join...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 22nd, 2007, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 33
Posted By egildone
OT Senile Old Fool

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
OH MY GAWD !!

Have you heard about this ? John McCain at a VFW Hall in
South Carolina was asked a question about Iran. His response ?
Sung to the tune of the Beach...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 16th, 2007, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 19
Posted By egildone
About this group

riverman wrote:
On Apr 15, 7:32 am, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message

Forum: Fly Fishing Tying April 8th, 2007, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 1
Posted By egildone
Whip finish

Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote:
I just wanted to thank everyone for all the whip finish sites. We just
finished the class of thirty and everyone got a copy of the six sites I
received I will...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 27th, 2007, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By egildone
Oklahoma fly fishing...

Conan The Librarian wrote:

Well, the original poster asked for comments, and I gave him my take
from having seen firsthand what can happen when people want to play
gawd.

Genesis 1:26

Forum: Fly Fishing February 25th, 2007, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By egildone
Oklahoma fly fishing...

wrote:
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 21:36:40 -0600, egildone
wrote:

It seems to have worked out OK at Lake Taneycomo near Branson, Mo..

Forum: Fly Fishing February 25th, 2007, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By egildone
Oklahoma fly fishing...

wrote:
On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 13:44:49 -0600, Conan The Librarian
wrote:

egildone wrote:

Looks like Oklahoma Wildlife Department is developing...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 20th, 2007, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By egildone
Oklahoma fly fishing...

Conan The Librarian wrote:
egildone wrote:

Looks like Oklahoma Wildlife Department is developing a first rate
Trout fishery in Oklahoma.

Forum: Fly Fishing February 20th, 2007, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By egildone
Oklahoma fly fishing...

Looks like Oklahoma Wildlife Department is developing a first rate Trout
fishery in Oklahoma.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/streamrest.htm

What do you think?

let the fulmination begin!

Ed
Forum: Fly Fishing February 14th, 2007, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By egildone
newbe questions

Tom Littleton wrote:
"JR" wrote in message
Ethan wrote:

Mr Dean has some good points, .....
Well, *there's* somethin' you...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 6th, 2007, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 23
Posted By egildone
The Compleat Angler

jeff wrote:
egildone wrote:

Has anyone here read Isaac Walton's book? If so, what is your opinion
of it? I found it online at
http://www.netlibrary.com

I would appreciate any...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34