Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 1.51 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Hans van der Stroom
Forum: Fly Fishing September 4th, 2008, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
My DDFS contribution

Howdy swappers,

For the curious ones:
Just posted a description of my pattern on ROFFT.

Hans van der Stroom
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying September 4th, 2008, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 1
My DDFS pattern

Howdy swappers,

I promised more info about my fly for the DD-swap. Well:
The Garfish Juletrae
This time no subtile pattern for trout, but a fly which is often used in The
Netherlands in the period...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 25th, 2008, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 19
Dog Days Fly Swap update

I'll be tying a BeadChain "Jule Trae"-tube, which is in fact a Danish
pattern for seatrout (the word means Christmas Tree in Danish), in Holland
it is often used as a fly for Garpike, a fishing...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 9th, 2008, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
So, how's everybody?

Stan,

Wellcome back. Good to hear from you, and glad your health is improving.

Hans van der Stroom

schreef in bericht...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 14th, 2008, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Help needed from German lurkers!!!

Thanks Mike ... I'm trying to sunscribe on this forum!

Hans van der Stroom

"Mike" schreef in bericht...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 1st, 2008, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Help needed from German lurkers!!!

Hi all!

For the last time (got no answers on earlier asked questions and the
publisher doesn't answer his mail at all) an attempt to get help for an
article I'm writing:

In the "legendary" German...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 18th, 2008, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
We have flies!

They even made it to The Netherlands today. Well done guys! And again thanks
to Joe for doing the dirty work.

Hans van der Stroom

"Frank Reid" ...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 18th, 2008, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 26
GFS2008 - Let the tying begin

"premature flyjaculation" .... that's one of the best quotes I have ever
heard about flytying! Many thanks for adding this to my vocabulary.
Something tells me that these words can easily be used...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 15th, 2008, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 26
GFS2008 - Let the tying begin

Hi Joe,

Just finished! I'll pack 'm tomorrow en post 'm the day after.

Hans van der Stroom

"rb608" schreef in bericht...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying January 11th, 2008, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 4
TMC thread

"Tom Littleton" schreef in bericht
flytire
I think what Hans was intending was "splitting" the thread into separate
fibers, as some...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying January 9th, 2008, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 4
TMC thread

Hi all,

I was wondering if some of you have any experience with the TMC tyingthread?
For my swap-fly I needed thread that can be easily spliced. Normally I would
use the Marc Petitjean thread for...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 31st, 2007, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
GFS2008 - The Official Announcement

Allright: I'm in and will be tying an "All-CDC-mayfly".
Besides that: happy newyear to everybody!
Hans van der Stroom

"rb608" schreef in...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 31st, 2007, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Pattern

Ha! I'm guessin' that Hans' real name is Victor Borge, he is a Dane, and
has been departed for the last 7 years and 4 days!
Op

Definitely Dutch though ...
And a very good 2008 for you too,...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 27th, 2007, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Pattern

Just curious: Is there someone out there having the pattern for the
"catalpa-worm"?
I recently discovered that (allthough this is a big, very well hidden and
mysterious secret) it must be an...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying April 20th, 2007, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 0
Info about German pattern???

Hi all!

I'm looking for info to be used for an article I'm writing at the moment.
Perhaps anybody out there can help me:
Years ago (I guess about 20 - 25) a German magazine called Der...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 20th, 2007, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 0
Info about German pattern???

Hi all!

I'm looking for info to be used for an article I'm writing at the moment.
Perhaps anybody out there can help me:
Years ago (I guess about 20 - 25) a German magazine called Der...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 6th, 2007, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Burning my vice !!

"John & Emma Whiteley" schreef in bericht
Just received the GFS 2007 . The question is should I
a, burn the vice and admit...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 6th, 2007, 12:20 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Burning my vice !!

"John & Emma Whiteley" schreef in bericht
Just received the GFS 2007 . The question is should I
a, burn the vice and admit...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 4th, 2007, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 24
GFS...The Bugs Are Here

They also made it across the Atlantic today. On first sight: good work all.
And ofcourse I'll join the "Nice Work and Thanks Joe-choir"!!

Hans van der...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 25th, 2007, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
GFS2007 - Let the sorting begin

"rb608" schreef in bericht
I'll put the period at the end of a long week and hereby declare the
GFS2007 closed. A quick trip to...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 13th, 2007, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
GFS - 2/06 update

"Tim J." schreef in bericht

Attractant is unethical.
--
TL,
Tim

It's called floatant ...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 22nd, 2007, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
GFS2007 - Shipping

Too late Joe ... I allready posted mine last week, but 'cause such
relatively small amounts of USD cannot be changedin the local bank of my
smalll village without much more costs than the bill...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 16th, 2007, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
GFS2007 - about my fly

Howdy swappers,

For those who are interested: today I posted some comments about my
contribution to this year's swap on ROFFT.
Looking forward to your flies.

Hans van der...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying January 16th, 2007, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 1
About my swap2007-fly

Howdy swappers!

Today I posted my contribution for the 2007-Swap to Joe. Normally I like to
add some text on the tags about the pattern - just for the fun of it.
Personally I like flies and the...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 15th, 2007, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
GFS2007 - Signup period is ended

Fully agreed!

Hans van der Stroom