Showing results 1 to 25 of 191
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joe Haubenreich
Forum: Bass Fishing March 9th, 2008, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Pelican Predator mini boats

John,

The Bass Hunter mini-pontoon boat I now have, with a beam of 48 inches
across the gunwales, wedges snugly between the wheel wells of a small pickup
like my old Nissan. Of course, it fits...
Forum: Bass Fishing March 6th, 2008, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 9
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Clark's Hill tournament

It sure is nice to read your accounts, Ronnie. Congratulations on putting
together some winning patterns under tough conditions.

Joe

"Ronnie" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing February 14th, 2008, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
HARD BAITS

I recommend that you invest in a telescoping lure retriever and harvest
crankbaits off trees along lake shores. This saves you a ton of money, is
ecologically sound (in fact, I think it may even...
Forum: Bass Fishing February 4th, 2008, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 9
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Regarding a MTC - Wolk may be able to attend

I touched base with Warren this afternoon, and he sends his greetings to all
his buddies here and condolences on the passing of Bob Rickard, a long-time
member of this group. A change in Warren's...
Forum: Bass Fishing February 2nd, 2008, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Bob Rickard - I am truly sorrow guys

Thanks, Craig. I know that Bob appreciated your friendship, too.

Joe
"GL" wrote in message
I loved Bob and I am truly...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 23rd, 2008, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
2nd tournament of 2008

Thanks for the report, Bob. The fish were nearby, surely, just not inclined
to bite. Where do think they were?

This time of year, the dissolved oxygen level in the pads and grass beds is
lower...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 15th, 2008, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Fish Finders

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message
snip
Actually though, it's easily done with just about any locator. ...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 15th, 2008, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Dill Dance Complete Bass Fishing Course ... Anybody???

"Dill Dance," eh...? Caution.... might be a cheap Chinese knock-off.

Joe

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
12 DVDs and...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 5th, 2007, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Mussels or freshwater clams...

I know what you mean, John. I get mussels around here on jigs, too. Not
enough to consider starting a mussel-fishing tournament, but frequently
enough so that I'm no longer surprised.

As a boy, I...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 2nd, 2007, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
craw baits

Nice Website, Chris! Great looking jigs, too.

Joe
------------
"Chris Rennert" wrote in message
BIG FISH 2006...
Forum: Fishing Photos November 28th, 2007, 06:24 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 12
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Awesome looking Brown. Love the spots

Try an Olympus all-weather series digital camera like the Stylus 710. I've
picked mine up from the bottom of the boat where it was sloshing around in
water, snapped off a photo or two, put it back...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 28th, 2007, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Another Jackson Lake tournament

I know how you feel... it's really disappointing when a big fish comes off,
especially during a tournament.

Huber and I had a couple nice three-four pound smallmouth come off right at
the boat...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 28th, 2007, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
How do you find winter patterns ???

Ronnie is right...., only some treble hooks don't have a shaft long enough
to extend up and through the baby bottle nipple. Solve that by just passing
your line through the hole in the tip of the...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 27th, 2007, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
How do you find winter patterns ???

John, I'm up to fourteen retrieves now
(http://secretweaponlures.com/retrieves.htm), but I don't use all of them in
really cold water. For that, I sometimes drag a short-arm spinnerbait along
the...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 20th, 2007, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Lonley Wisconsin Gal. Help ?

No, I can't lay claim to that title. However, Bob Rickard used to be called
"Dr. Spinnerbait" by some. His advice to me was usually, "For good mental
health, go catch two bass and call me in the...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 19th, 2007, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Lonley (Horny) Wisconsin Gal. Help ?

Briana wrote

Hi there, my name is Briana and I am from Wisconsin. I am looking for
fun, I never know what to put here, LOL respond if interested!

-----------
"Charles Summers" wrote:
Hey...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 17th, 2007, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
serviceing and general maintance on reels

Here's a few suggestions, Ken.

1. Clear a large work area and lay down a towel on the table of workbench.
Why: small parts have a way of leaping off the reel as you disassemble
it. Less clutter...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 12th, 2007, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Can You Pinpoint the Exact Spot...

Yes, I remember your pointing it out to me.

Joe
------------
"Bob La Londe" srote:
Hey Joe, I drove you past that spot.
Forum: Bass Fishing November 9th, 2007, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Good news,, I think

Congratulations, Rodney. I'm glad that your invention will get the attention
it deserves.

And you're right.... be ready for the deluge.

Joe
"Rodney Long" wrote in message...
Forum: Fishing Photos November 9th, 2007, 01:48 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
One more Wisconsin Brown

I was close... it reminded me of Port Washington in the background.

Joe
----------------
"Chris Rennert" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 1st, 2007, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 19
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
trolling motor

Jajwuth, I imagine you've already considered this idea: Attach a paddle
wheel to the shaft of a small generator and bolt it on the side of your jon
boat. Whenever you use your trolling motor to...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 30th, 2007, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Spinner baits?

John, here is what comes to mind:

1. Buzzing -- Bend a willowleaf blade to increase the commotion it causes on
the surface. Curl the blade around your forefinger, or put two kinks in it
to create...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 30th, 2007, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Senko Rigging

Good post, Bob.... you told a story and presented your evidence in a
convincing manner.

I remember that day an those fish very well.... Of course, when one catches
so few fish, the ones that were...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 25th, 2007, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 18
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Power Pro - Reformulated?

My guess it that they came out with a new package that says "Rounder,
smoother, thinner."

Unless they add what they're comparing to, they can pretty much lay claim to
those qualities. It's...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 19th, 2007, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe Haubenreich
Wiggle Worm Rig

Cold front came through today and another is expected next Thursday. That
day should be good fishing... Temps are dropping, but river fish are less
affected by these changes. I look forward to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 191