Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 0.75 seconds.
Forum: Bass Fishing February 14th, 2008, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Castaic baits

An open letter to Castaic Baits

To Whom it may Concern:

I am posting this here because of a recent event I experienced with
Castaic baits that is unresolved and I am hoping that someone here
knows...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 27th, 2007, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Grilling fish question

On Sep 27, 10:22 am, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
wrote in message
Generally speaking, the only places that have consumption advisories
in the area are...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 27th, 2007, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Grilling fish question

On Sep 27, 9:23 am, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
wrote in message

On Sep 27, 9:01...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 27th, 2007, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Grilling fish question

On Sep 27, 9:24 am, Rodney Long wrote:
wrote:
OK, here is the deal. I live on a lake and feed the bream off of my
pier, mostly coppernose and...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 27th, 2007, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Grilling fish question

On Sep 27, 9:01 am, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
wrote in message

OK, here is the deal. ...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 27th, 2007, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Grilling fish question

OK, here is the deal. I live on a lake and feed the bream off of my
pier, mostly coppernose and blue gill. They are really nice size and
I would like to get in the habit of catching a few for...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 29th, 2006, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Test

WARREN WOLK wrote:
Frankly Stevo, it's very tough to get motivated to sit down & type for an
hour when I see about 5 posts a week here lately.

From the perspective of someone who recently began...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 16th, 2006, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
This weekend

We have them reach 20 inches (actually average size is 20 inches) down
here, they are a BLAST to catch on an ultra light, we find them below
dam's in fast water in the spring and summer, we...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 16th, 2006, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
This weekend

Damifino wrote:
A lot of people I talked
to when I use to live on Wilson Lake in North Alabama told me that a lot of
the locals, "knocked them in the head" and threw them back.

That seemed to...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 16th, 2006, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
This weekend

I did some more research and it looks like it was a Skipjack herring.

Funny, but the picture doesn't look as much like a tarpon as I
remembered it. I know they were great jumpers when you caught...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 16th, 2006, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
This weekend

The smallmouth love to congregate up and chase yellow tails,(skipjack), in
the current down here....

We used to catch a small fish that looked like a baby tarpon and we
called it a skipjack. We...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 16th, 2006, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
new fishfinder in my future

I have two of the Humminbird 565's and am very pleased with the
graphics. They are around $200

Ken Blevins wrote:
I destroyed my sonar unit last week and am in the market for another.When I
Forum: Bass Fishing October 14th, 2006, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Damifino-da-man

I put a 3x strike king shad 'fluke' on a jig head this afternoon and
fished it for about and hour. Caught five largemouth, the biggest
being 7 lbs. I was fishing in about 8' feet of water and...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 13th, 2006, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 58
Posted By [email protected]
I say crop-ee, you say crap-ee, let's call the whole thing sac-au-lait

You are right on the catfish as well....A good filet of "BlueCat" is awesome
after you bleed him. I've never had an opportunity to fish there but one day
I hope to.
You ever run any lines or...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 13th, 2006, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Trailer wiring question

I think WalMart has the complete wiring stuff including lights. Any
auto parts place should also have it.

Online. JC Whitney I imagine.

buck12ga wrote:
Hey bass fishermen. Recently I bought an...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 13th, 2006, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
OT(somewhat)--trailer wiring ?

wrote:
I have been having on again off again lighting problems with my
trailer. I bought a brand new wiring kit with the grounding for the
rear lights supposedly being...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 13th, 2006, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
OT(somewhat)--trailer wiring ?

I'm curious what could be worng with a trailer. I work on computers
and have been accused of not having the most common sense, so I just
see a metal thing with wheels. I have done some...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 13th, 2006, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Bang/ Gambler

Damifino wrote:

BANG still makes a bait attractant and I haven't seen many Gambler lures
around much anymore. The company is still around.

Gambler was one of the few companies producing the...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 13th, 2006, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 58
Posted By [email protected]
I say crop-ee, you say crap-ee, let's call the whole thing sac-au-lait

I have heard Walleye are good, but I associate them with similar toothy
fish that we have like the gar and grinnel, both have too many small
bones in them to even think about finding out how they...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 13th, 2006, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
OT(somewhat)--trailer wiring ?

You can start by hooking it to someone elses vehicle that you know
works to be sure it isn't the trailer.
Forum: Bass Fishing October 12th, 2006, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 58
Posted By [email protected]
More than Half Way Now... Sorry for the rant

johnval1 wrote:
Fascinating conversation. Both "generations" and "crappie". Let me
recommend "Generations" by Strauss and Howe. It is the definitive read on
the cycles of the 4 recurring...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 12th, 2006, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

johnval1 wrote:
Fascinating conversation. Both "generations" and "crappie". Let me
recommend "Generations" by Strauss and Howe. It is the definitive read on
the cycles of the 4 recurring...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 12th, 2006, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 58
Posted By [email protected]
More than Half Way Now... Sorry for the rant

Chris Rennert wrote:
This topic really did not stray far from being actually about fishing.
Fishing is something I love to do, and I am very passionate about it.
If someone younger, louder, and...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 12th, 2006, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 58
Posted By [email protected]
More than Half Way Now... Sorry for the rant

You are probably technically correct, but Crappie have always been
called white perch here.

If you put 'Crappie White Perch' into any search engine you will find
lots of examples that they are used ...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 12th, 2006, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass