Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jon[_4_]
Forum: Fly Fishing December 30th, 2009, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 113
Posted By Jon[_4_]
Kill File in Google Reader? and Message to Beancounter

On Dec 29, 7:26*pm, Giles wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that I'm not about to
express the majority view,

I hope not, but I suspect what I say is not...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 23rd, 2009, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By Jon[_4_]
New Mexico - advice please

On Dec 22, 12:02*pm, "Fred" wrote:

My wife and I are considering a shorts weeks vaca in warm Sunny New Mexico
or Arizona

Fred, do you mean now, in the winter? The San...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 18th, 2009, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 43
Posted By Jon[_4_]
"the" movie ...years later ... review

On Dec 17, 12:51*pm, Larry L wrote:

* I'd give the movie both thumbs down

Read the book. I enjoyed both, but a good book is always much better
than the movie made from...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 16th, 2009, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By Jon[_4_]
On the Nobel acceptance...

A pretty good view of the prize:

http://www.frontporchrepublic.com/?p=6501

A very short read, and fwiw, I think the last sentence is a bit
strong. To me this episode says only something about who...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 14th, 2009, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 41
Posted By Jon[_4_]
A ishing thread

On Oct 13, 4:29*pm, David LaCourse wrote:

Do you have any info on such a trip (not in Yellowstone)?

Nope. Not enough water down this way to call a pack trip a fishing
trip...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 13th, 2009, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 90
Posted By Jon[_4_]
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

On Oct 9, 2:36*pm, Giles wrote:

I suspect that people with half a brain would be lucky to articulate
"Huh?" (or anything else, for that matter) on their best days, and...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 13th, 2009, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 41
Posted By Jon[_4_]
A ishing thread

On Oct 12, 3:26*pm, "Fred" wrote:

Take one " exotic " trip and as many as I want locally MT. WY and ID
or take one w a grandchild at a lodge w a guide

Seems like a...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 12th, 2009, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Jon[_4_]
Welding fly lines

On Oct 10, 7:55*pm, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:

Watched a neat demo at the FFF Southern Council Conclave, welding fly
lines. *Okay, you slice the fly line about an inch down...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 10th, 2009, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 90
Posted By Jon[_4_]
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

On Oct 9, 6:39*pm, "Tim J." wrote:

Ooooooo, another nomination. This one is for the most ironic post of the
century.

Not a bad nomination, but it's a little...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 9th, 2009, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 90
Posted By Jon[_4_]
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

As one article mentioned, nominations for the prize close on Feb 1,
just 12 days after the President took office. Perhaps someday he will
have a record deserving of the prize, but right now anyone...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 1st, 2009, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By Jon[_4_]
New Toy

On Sep 26, 8:56*am, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
My new toy. The rod in the header and also at the bottom of the page
is Tri-Hex #2 and its mine, all mine. Bwahahahahaha!
Forum: Fly Fishing October 1st, 2009, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By Jon[_4_]
"OK, how the hell did Sasha Baron Cohen get past youguys...oh...Muammar, er, how's it hangin'...?"

On Sep 29, 2:29*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

I don't know. Is Roman Polanski liberal or conservative ?

That's an open door for some dark humor but I think I'll pass....
Forum: Fly Fishing August 19th, 2009, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 24
Posted By Jon[_4_]
fly shops closed

On Aug 13, 9:31 pm, mu wrote:

In the last year two fly shops in Silicon Valley have closed. Anyone

Hey Mu, sounds like you've migrated a bit north.

Lot's of stores...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 10th, 2009, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Jon[_4_]
Mini TR: First fish of the year

On Jul 9, 5:35 pm, "Don Phillipson" wrote:

Does this not make them cutthroat trout (or rainbow/cut hybrids)?

My experience has been that natural color variations in...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 9th, 2009, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Jon[_4_]
Mini TR: First fish of the year

I found myself in possession of a canoe in Colorado, and it had been a
while since I've been able to enjoy paddling around a lake and
catching trout. So we went up to a smallish mountain lake just a...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 11th, 2009, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By Jon[_4_]
OT-Old Guys

On Jun 10, 10:51 am, Frank Reid wrote:

and why no fishing this year?

Fishing here is always at least a day trip and the last 9-10 months
have been extremely busy. Mostly...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16