Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alex
Forum: Bass Fishing January 1st, 2008, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Alex
Swimbaits (in the Southeast)

Go to BFHP, reports, GA and look at Ryan's reports. He usually has some
pictures of blueback fed spots.

"BassMr" wrote in message...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying December 30th, 2007, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 12
Posted By Alex
Striper flies.

I have a problem. In the last month I'll be in the middle of a bunch of
feeding stripers, throw a white bucktail fly that I tied and can't get bit.
I have one about 2" and one about 3". The fish...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 30th, 2007, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Alex
Ascension Bay, Mexico?

Our daughter got married a couple of years ago in Cozumel and we took the
opportunity to take a fishing trip to Ascension Bay. We were on a pretty
strict budget. We stayed at the Cuzan Guest...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 22nd, 2007, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Alex
Best Scent

I use Jand J garlic. My partner uses the same but chartreuse and dies
the tail of T/R worms. Personally I can't tell the difference between the 2
and no scent at all but I still use...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 22nd, 2007, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Alex
here is a neat thing for us guys

I have a mini tripod that I put on the rear seat with the self timer. The
clamp is a good idea.

"Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 22nd, 2007, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By Alex
Pflueger Reels ?

I recently replaced 2 bearings in a top of the line Pflueger spinner for my
buddy. He's had it for a couple of years and used it in the salt one time.
He said he rinsed it. It used a non standard...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 9th, 2007, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Alex
Where are the bass

Try deep in the cover really slow, doodle.

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
I went Sunday and Monday (bank fishing) no bass on Sunday, 1/2...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 9th, 2007, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Alex
Where are the bass

Try deep in the cover really slow(doodle).

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
I went Sunday and Monday (bank fishing) no bass on Sunday, 1/2...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 14th, 2007, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By Alex
Pencil DROP SHOT Weights

What I do is pinch a bullet worm weight on the line with the point up.
"SHRED" wrote in message
Anyone know the best deal on the...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 14th, 2007, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By Alex
Pencil DROP SHOT Weights

What I do is pinch a bullet worm weight to the line with pliers, point up.

"SHRED" wrote in message
Anyone know the best deal on the...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 21st, 2007, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By Alex
righty vs. lefty

I too grew up with right hand retrieve reels until spinning reels came out
in the fiftys. I prefer cranking right handed with everything including fly
reels.

"Calif Bill"...
Forum: General Discussion June 2nd, 2007, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Replies: 6
Posted By Alex
Brand Name Bass Rods and Reels: Advice?

I use 8lb flourocarbon or mono for worm fishing which I do over 3/4 my bass
fishing time. I use a BassPro XPS rod with an old Shimano Bantam
baitcasting 100 reel. The BassPro Extreme series rod...
Forum: General Discussion June 2nd, 2007, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Replies: 3
Posted By Alex
Trolling motor wowes

I think I can help your problem. First take the plug for the foot pedal
apart and spray contact cleaner on both the parts. If your handy
mechanically you can take the pedal apart and see if the...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 10th, 2006, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Alex
ultralight rod

I use the Quantum xtralite 5'6" or 6' for 2 and 4lb line with great success.
With a 2" grub and 1/16 oz jig head it's deadly on spotted bass on Lake
Lanier at times.
"fishtale"...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 26th, 2006, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 14
Posted By Alex
My new boat...

Looks like an anchor to me.