Showing results 1 to 25 of 60
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jonathan Cook
Forum: Fly Fishing December 23rd, 2011, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By Jonathan Cook
One last gasp, actual fish pictures

Hi all, I must confess I rarely peek in at ROFF anymore, I agree it is
essentially dead. Life has been very busy for us with lots of other
things besides fishing, but in 2009 I took some time to make...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 19th, 2011, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 48
Posted By Jonathan Cook
TR-observations of a newbie bonefisher -finale

On Apr 19, 5:59*am, "Danl" wrote:

I couldn't have
had better folks with me and I think this was one of my best trips ever.

Good to see you here Danl, and...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 13th, 2011, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 48
Posted By Jonathan Cook
TR-observations of a newbie bonefisher -pics

On Apr 12, 4:01*pm, jeff wrote:

blessed to have. it's a shame, because they are a hoot and see/find/talk
about stuff that both amuses and interests. we are the worse...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 3rd, 2011, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Jonathan Cook
Montana HB309 -limiting public access to rivers

On Mar 2, 11:49*am, DaveS wrote:

But in "representative democratic republics" workers
should take it or leave it?

If we say we really want democracy, yes. Otherwise, what...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 25th, 2011, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Jonathan Cook
Montana HB309 -limiting public access to rivers

On Feb 25, 3:31*pm, Tom Littleton wrote:
On 2/25/2011 3:05 PM, Jonathan Cook wrote:

places, but Madison....I must assume you mean the teachers' union when
you refer...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 25th, 2011, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Jonathan Cook
Montana HB309 -limiting public access to rivers

On Feb 23, 6:56*pm, Giles wrote:
In case there was any doubt, this bill is a Republican effort,
introduced by Jeffrey Wellburn (R-Dillon) and supported overwhelmingly
Forum: Fly Fishing February 25th, 2011, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Jonathan Cook
"fish" in Phoenix ?

On Feb 24, 5:15*pm, Larry L wrote:

A "day trip" distance ... couple hours each way? *is what I was
thinking

fwiw I've never fished in/from Phoenix so I don't know...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 24th, 2011, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Jonathan Cook
"fish" in Phoenix ?

On Feb 24, 12:57*pm, Larry L wrote:

Are there places near-by for trout fly fishing? * warm water?

What do you consider nearby? Drive east and you can get into...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 17th, 2011, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Jonathan Cook
Way to go, Watson !!

It was neat to watch (we held a pizza event for Tuesday's show).
Here's a some random observations an outsider to the domain of CS
might not immediately make:

1) While the answering part was...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 11th, 2011, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 48
Posted By Jonathan Cook
Montana Clave?

On Feb 11, 9:49*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

no one has ever been photographed standing in or around the
alleged Fawn Lake while at the same time displaying their...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 3rd, 2011, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By Jonathan Cook
And, speaking of the weather.....

On Feb 2, 8:58*pm, Giles wrote:

Meanwhile, they closed Milwaukee.....and Chicago.

That sorta doesn't happen.

Lots of that going around...we're closed for the second day...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 2nd, 2011, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Jonathan Cook
Cabin Fever

Well this might not be that impressive to some of you, but it hasn't
been 16 degrees at 3 in the afternoon here for at least a dozen years
(I remember a cold snap back in '98 I think that had...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 26th, 2011, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Jonathan Cook
Fishing the Film ..a book by Gary Borger

On Jan 25, 9:43*am, Larry L wrote:

ASIDE: *I have problems with Borger's ego .... his book is full of
[snipped nice little expose]

Larry I hope all is well up and out...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 20th, 2010, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By Jonathan Cook
The Man Who Planted Trees, a French Tale

Wolfgang wrote:

"DaveS" wrote in message

http://perso.ch/arboretum/man_tree.htm

Very nice.

including, not surprisingly, our own peripatetic Johnny Appleseed...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 16th, 2010, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 21
Posted By Jonathan Cook
Notes From the Farm #1:

On Nov 15, 12:11*pm, DaveS wrote:

I was told years ago that taking care of trees
and repairing the land is what men are supposed to do in later life.
And then there is that...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 16th, 2010, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Jonathan Cook
TR: Early Steelhead Fishing & Other stuff

On Nov 15, 8:48*pm, DaveS wrote:

Per the coyotes, even on my Island they've pretty much worked their
way thru the feral cats, and the ranging domestics.

Now you just need...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 4th, 2010, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 25
Posted By Jonathan Cook
OT The Ryder Cup

On Oct 3, 11:56*am, "Bill Grey" wrote:
Hi Roffians,

How many of you are interested in the Ryder Cup.

Seems this year that the PGA et al. have messed the schedule...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 1st, 2010, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 39
Posted By Jonathan Cook
OT - a rational, fair republican voice?

On Sep 30, 5:57*pm, D. LaCourse wrote:

*So, I started from scratch

Care to share in what industries you made your money?

I'd bet if we unwrapped it you'd find that much of what...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 1st, 2010, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 39
Posted By Jonathan Cook
OT - a rational, fair republican voice?

[this'll be my last post, so feel free to have the last word...]

On Sep 30, 5:51*pm, wrote:

I don't agree with them, and certainly not to the point that the majority...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 1st, 2010, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 39
Posted By Jonathan Cook
OT - a rational, fair republican voice?

On Sep 30, 3:25*pm, wrote:

This is what I don't get - why shouldn't _all_ "business owners" be taxed
equally? *Why should those who do _moderately_ well be taxed...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 30th, 2010, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 39
Posted By Jonathan Cook
OT - a rational, fair republican voice?

On Sep 30, 3:45*pm, D. LaCourse wrote:

BTW, Jon, I am going to assume that your estate is worth *more* than a
million bucks.

I come from a blue-collar family that can't even...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 30th, 2010, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 39
Posted By Jonathan Cook
OT - a rational, fair republican voice?

On Sep 30, 9:20 am, D. LaCourse wrote:

much reinvesting in the store. To think that $250k a year is a lot of
money and those that make it are *millionaires* is false. It...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 30th, 2010, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 39
Posted By Jonathan Cook
OT - a rational, fair republican voice?

I still don't get no one talks about separating personal and corporate
income tax -- it's like Republicans know that without the claim of
"hurting small business" they have nothing to stand on. BTW...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 22nd, 2010, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Jonathan Cook
And speaking of history....

On Sep 22, 11:47*am, wrote:

The only people who may have
called themselves (a variant of) "Mexican" would not have been anywhere near DC
or even in what is now the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 60