Showing results 1 to 25 of 132
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mr. Opus McDopus
Forum: Fly Fishing October 29th, 2006, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.flyfishing
Replies: 10
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
great group`

basil ratbone wrote in message

enjoying it a lot !many timely articles. so much insight into the sport.

Give it time. T-Bone will be around to...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 27th, 2006, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
Gudie or No Guide

"asadi" wrote in message

"Mr. Opus McDopus"
If you are doing a float trip, a guide might be a...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 26th, 2006, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
Gudie or No Guide

"PRM" wrote in message
Pretty simple question.

Do you prefer to have a guide or not?

I imagine it would depend...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying October 17th, 2006, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 6
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
DDSFS -- Opie's Trout Seducer Pattern--

"Stephen Welsh" wrote in message

Try and leave a section of (sallied) shank behind the eye clear of
thread at...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying October 17th, 2006, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 6
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
extended dubbed bodies

"rw" wrote in message
Opie wrote:
"pittendrigh" wrote in message
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying October 17th, 2006, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 6
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
extended dubbed bodies

"pittendrigh" wrote in message
No, I don't think so.
I get close to 200 spam emails a day (that's one...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 23rd, 2006, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 32
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
Didymo

"jeff" wrote in message
Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:

While I've not fished any tailwaters, I can't say that I won't in the
Forum: Fly Fishing September 21st, 2006, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 43
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
Putz

"Tim J." wrote in message

Better think that through, Dave. Remember, I'm the designated roff prude.
Forum: Fly Fishing September 21st, 2006, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 43
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
Putz

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message

That was not a nasty post, Mark.

Do you just not read, or what Davey?

It was a...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 15th, 2006, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
Three Cheers for the 50 or 100 Years Bush War

"MajorOz" wrote in message

BJ Conner wrote:

By the way WTF is a grand nephew?

In this case, you...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying September 9th, 2006, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 2
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
Brown Trout : Smoky Mt.

"Drew Cutter" wrote in message

Why only a single hook ?

? Only artificial flies or lures with a single hook may be used.

It's the law. ...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying September 9th, 2006, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 2
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
Brown Trout : Smoky Mt.

"Drew Cutter" wrote in message
Found the article on Brown trout. Apparently you are allowed to keep brown
trout ,instead of strictly catch...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 5th, 2006, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.flyfishing
Replies: 8
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
Can I de-scent flys?

"S. Inkson" wrote in message
I have a lot of good (expensive) flys but I seem to get a lot more
suspicious looks and then refusals...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 26th, 2006, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
Backcountry (?) Yellowstone...

"Michael" wrote in message
We've decided we would like to hike inthree to five miles or so to
fish when we...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 26th, 2006, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
become a clear thinker

"vincent p. norris" wrote in message
In current fishing magazine Jim Casada says a good fisherman should
probably catch 50...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 25th, 2006, 12:31 AM Posted to alt.flyfishing
Replies: 3
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
tyin patern, mon

wrote in message

MobutuSoobu wrote:
needs recipe fo carpatian bull ball gnat. I hears they be huge. da...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 23rd, 2006, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
Whadya know

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

Gene Cottrell wrote:
wrote in message
Forum: Fly Fishing August 23rd, 2006, 12:12 AM Posted to alt.flyfishing
Replies: 13
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
alt.flyfishing charter

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
On 31 Jul 2006 17:04:42 -0700, wrote:

Thanks Op, do you have...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 23rd, 2006, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 175
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
To stock or not to stock a wild trout stream. That is the question.

wrote in message

No problem Op, someone else will go ahead and decide for you. Just
don't bitch about it...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 22nd, 2006, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 175
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
To stock or not to stock a wild trout stream. That is the question.

"Jonathan Cook" wrote in message

I can't speak for Op.
Take care,

Jon.

I can. I have no interest in the topic at hand, nor any...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 22nd, 2006, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 175
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
To stock or not to stock a wild trout stream. That is the question.

"Conan The Librarian" wrote in message

Chuck Vance (what's the matter ... not getting any bites on the
other newsgroup?)

No, but he...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 22nd, 2006, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 175
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
****ing Cousins

"Tim J." wrote in message

If I was ****ing with Timmy W., what exactly were you doing with him?

Op
Forum: Fly Fishing August 20th, 2006, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
PING! Jeff Miller

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 20:40:18 GMT, "Wayne Harrison"

Forum: Fly Fishing August 20th, 2006, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
PING! Jeff Miller

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
hey, op--my youngest, anthony, is now an inhabitant of appalachian
university. ...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 20th, 2006, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.flyfishing
Replies: 15
Posted By Mr. Opus McDopus
attention

wrote in message
Nothing more than going back and trolling in the easy holes. Satsifies
my jones a little while...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 132