Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.75 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stephen Welsh
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying November 22nd, 2010, 10:56 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 52
Posted By Stephen Welsh
Dandruff flies

On Nov 22, 5:46*pm, "Robert from Oz"
wrote:
Here in the land of Australia all my nymphs are from #14 - 18, dries are
about the same and streamers range from #14 and...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying August 2nd, 2010, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 1
Posted By Stephen Welsh
Top 5 Fly List

On Jul 31, 11:06*am, Jason Rosin wrote:
What's your top 5 favorite flys currently in use? Don't really care
where
your fishin 'em.

Just curious...

- JJR

Out...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 26th, 2010, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By Stephen Welsh
TR- Best Laid Plans

On Jun 16, 3:37*pm, georgecleveland wrote:
[great tr and pet report snipped]

* Midges? Tiny floating nymphs? Cheese curds? Who knows...its
invisible to everyone but...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 26th, 2010, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Stephen Welsh
New version of a "Full Reid"

On Jun 25, 11:06*am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
On Jun 24, 6:52*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

No, I did not fall down. *No, I didn't use power...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 7th, 2010, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Stephen Welsh
OBROFF: Published

On Jan 5, 7:41*am, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
This storyhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.outdoors.fishing.fly/browse_frm/th...

will be published in the March Nebraskaland...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 12th, 2009, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 21
Posted By Stephen Welsh
First Fly....

On Feb 12, 10:53*am, "Larry L" wrote:
"Stephen Welsh" wrote

I can't wait till someone re-discovers fully emerged, in no way

crippled,...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 11th, 2009, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 21
Posted By Stephen Welsh
First Fly....

On Feb 12, 4:06*am, "Larry L" wrote:

One of the joys of this hobby/sport/passion/lifestyle called fly fishing is
learning. * *IMHO, nothing we do as humans is more...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 11th, 2009, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 21
Posted By Stephen Welsh
First Fly....

On Feb 12, 3:20*am, riverman wrote:
Anyone remember the first self-tied fly that they ever caught a fish
on?

Mine was a #16 Adams in a stocked pond in South Africa....
Forum: Fly Fishing January 22nd, 2009, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Stephen Welsh
The Weekend

On Jan 20, 11:56*pm, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:

.... many of the things I imagined happening to me while doing
renovations snipped.

Frank Reid

* laugh *

I have a brother...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying January 19th, 2009, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 6
Posted By Stephen Welsh
sorting

On Jan 20, 6:43*am, "Larry L" wrote:
Like most tiers I've met, I have a lot of stuff ( materials) that seldom if
ever gets used. * *
[snippage]

For...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 21st, 2008, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By Stephen Welsh
OBROFF: Pass the Hat

On Dec 20, 6:54*am, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
ROFF needs transport to the hotest fishing spots, i.e. where ever the
fish start rising, we need to be there NOW!
To this end,...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying December 21st, 2008, 11:13 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 2
Posted By Stephen Welsh
Willow sawfly adult

Hi All,

'S'been awhile, time (lack of it) induced absence mainly.

Had a great day yesterday poking around backwaters fishing to browns
who were taking drowndead Willow Sawfly adults. The insect is...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying December 21st, 2008, 10:40 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 12
Posted By Stephen Welsh
Old trick for the tying bench

On Dec 10, 2:31 am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
riverman wrote:
It might even be beneficial. Lateral lines work on electric impulses,
right? Maybe magnetized...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 2nd, 2008, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 26
Posted By Stephen Welsh
One of the good guys. . .

Thanks for the info, Tim.

GWS, Stan. Sounds like the sense of humour is holding up.

Steve ('s'been a while)
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying January 10th, 2008, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 4
Posted By Stephen Welsh
TMC thread

On Jan 10, 12:54 am, "Hans van der Stroom"
wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering if some of you have any experience with the TMC tyingthread?
For my swap-fly I needed...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying November 30th, 2007, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 2
Posted By Stephen Welsh
Griffith's Gnat

On Dec 1, 12:08 am, streamcaddis wrote:

We also tie a pattern with pearl braid using grizzly...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying November 25th, 2007, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly, rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 7
Posted By Stephen Welsh
Fly Tying Xmas gifts for American GIs

On Nov 26, 3:47 am, "W. D. Grey" wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if they could come home and tie their flies ?
--
Bill Grey

Indeed it would, Bill.

Steve
Forum: Fly Fishing November 25th, 2007, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly, rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

On Nov 26, 3:47 am, "W. D. Grey" wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if they could come home and tie their flies ?
--
Bill Grey

Indeed it would, Bill.

Steve
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying November 1st, 2007, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 2
Posted By Stephen Welsh
911, a day at the beach

On Oct 30, 8:55 am, "Wolfgang" wrote:
"Wolfgang" wrote in message

It's that time of year....

Oops. ...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 1st, 2007, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By Stephen Welsh
Tying for large shows

On Sep 1, 1:16 pm, Frank Reid wrote:
First of all, my thanks to Tom Littleton.
Last weekend, the Cornhusker Fly Fishers had a table i...
One person would tie more...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying September 1st, 2007, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By Stephen Welsh
Tying for large shows

On Sep 1, 1:16 pm, Frank Reid wrote:
First of all, my thanks to Tom Littleton.
Last weekend, the Cornhusker Fly Fishers had a table i...
One person would tie more...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying May 12th, 2007, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 6
Posted By Stephen Welsh
Scud color and shape

On May 11, 12:46 pm, "jeffc" wrote:
I've seen many scuds on curved hooks. I've read straight hook scuds are
best because supposedly that's how they look when in free water. ...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying May 5th, 2007, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 5
Posted By Stephen Welsh
P=NP and the traveling brown trout problem, solved in polynomial time!

On May 2, 11:00 pm, salmobytes wrote:
One of the most important unsolved problems in mathematics and
complexity theory has
finally been solved, it turns out, by...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying May 5th, 2007, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 3
Posted By Stephen Welsh
salt water patterns

On Apr 26, 12:53 am, "Joseph" wrote:
I have been fishing for 45 years, but only started fly fishing ( Salt water)
up North of West Australia.

Forum: Fly Fishing Tying April 28th, 2007, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 5
Posted By Stephen Welsh
Shattered confidence

On Apr 25, 2:34 am, salmobytes wrote:
On Apr 24, 6:54 am, salmobytes wrote:

It just dawned on me. The movie "A River Runs Through...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51