Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: QUAKEnSHAKE
Forum: Bass Fishing June 25th, 2008, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Mepps

Ahh-welll no luck with this mepps. Tried her out for about half an hour
nothing. I changed to night-crawlers and right away started catching
bass. Another guy I was fishing with was using senko type...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 23rd, 2008, 12:37 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Mepps

Ive read all the advice THANKS Looks like Ill get to try it out Tuesday.
I bought a ball bearing swivel so set there.

About the line twist does the whole lure spin or just the blade? I will
be using...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 19th, 2008, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Mepps

So any use these Mepps lures for bass. How is your luck?

I just bought one to try out havent used it yet.
Here in the picture with the four lures I got the third one
Size 2 blade size 6 hook...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 10th, 2008, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 16
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Clear water fishing

Have you tried nightcrawlers with no weight at all just hook and worm?
Just hooking through oh an inch or so of the fat end let the rest
dangle.
I do this way all the time. The clarity is I can...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 3rd, 2008, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Geneva IL???

THANKS
I checked the sites suggested and planned on trying Peck Lake but my
plans were changed once the wife decided she wanted to tag along and go
shopping too.

I did get the St Croix rod Ive...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 28th, 2008, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Geneva IL???

Longshot here but Ill ask.

Any small local lakes/ponds in the area of Geneva IL? Oh within 5 miles
or so.

The St Croix rod Ive been wanting is in stock at the Gander Mountain
there on Randall Rd....
Forum: Bass Fishing May 13th, 2008, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 24
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Boating restrictions due to mussels?

Thats not political thats PATRIOTIC!
Forum: Fishing Photos May 13th, 2008, 03:01 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 0
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
First fish with new reel

Went out with my new Shimano Stradic FI1000 caught 2 bass in an hour or
so. The reel worked great casted great solid.
Its a KEEPER!! the reel not the fish 16" limit.
Forum: Fishing Photos May 13th, 2008, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 0
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Shimano vs Johnny Morris

Oh Ive looked/researched both and others for months and months now. The
St Croix Avid seems to fit my wants the best. I want a light set-up both
in weight and power and 8'-9" to clear brush for the...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 9th, 2008, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
How long before it happens here?

So you can hit'em in the head with a mallet but cant use a barbed hook.
Forum: Fishing Photos May 9th, 2008, 02:52 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 4
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
mattamuskeet bass

Nice
Better than what Ive been catching so far.
Forum: Fishing Photos May 6th, 2008, 02:26 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 0
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
My new toy

Bought a Shimano Stradic FI1000
Forum: Bass Fishing May 5th, 2008, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Shimano vs Johnny Morris

I bought the Stradic hope it lives up to thier reputaion. Now just need
to get the St Croix rod Ive been wanting.
Forum: Bass Fishing May 1st, 2008, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Shimano vs Johnny Morris

Well I think its down to these two Shimano Stradic FI 1000 vs Johnny
Morris Sig series 1000 (aka JM)
Anybody happen to have both?
Or any reason to chose one over the other.

Price well I have a...
Forum: Fishing Photos April 21st, 2008, 06:14 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 4
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
post #2

Boy thats a nice one!
What lure/tackle you use?
Forum: General Discussion April 16th, 2008, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Replies: 3
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Wanting A New Rod

quote
From: (little*canoe)
Perhaps a Wally Marshall. I haven't seen that rod make.

Wally Marshall has a line of Crappie poles very well regarded as such
too. Sold at Bass Pro...
Forum: Bass Fishing April 16th, 2008, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 18
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Special privileges?

Come on we aint got no time to worry bout gramur an such. FISH ON!
BUBBA;-)
Forum: Bass Fishing April 16th, 2008, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Why so much lne?

Well from the replies & my question you may be able to tell Ive never
hooked in to a really big fish on light line. I pretty much try to equal
my tackle to what I may catch.
There was one instance...
Forum: General Discussion April 16th, 2008, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Replies: 3
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Wanting A New Rod

You really like foam grips more?
I dont see rod weights posted much except by ST Croix and they have cork
handles
Here are rod weight for AVID series
6'-2.3oz, 6'6"-2.5oz, 7'-2.6oz
And the one I have...
Forum: Bass Fishing April 15th, 2008, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Why so much lne?

Just wondering.
You ever take notice of how much line is needed on a spinning reel?
I see reels 4-6# test holding 140-220 yards! Tell me what 4# fish is
going to "run" that much line out. Why not...
Forum: Fishing Photos April 15th, 2008, 05:48 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 0
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
1st fish of the year

Got my license yesterday and took the wife and kids to the nearby
park/lake caught this little one. First for 2008.
Forum: Bass Fishing April 9th, 2008, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
Casting distance

Any benefit in distance between one spinning reel and another given the
same parameters- line, weight, pole, effort?

I have an old Quantum Snapshot spinning real, I think 15y/o or so, with
the...
Forum: Fishing Photos April 6th, 2008, 01:05 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 3
Posted By QUAKEnSHAKE
SPAM ALERT: After RealMagic FALSE ALARM

You're wrong its not spam at all. If you are following in outdoor.bass I
asked about some kind of product that would help with this. I found this
and used it just letting others know.
Im not...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58