Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: brians
Forum: Fly Fishing November 10th, 2009, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By brians
OT - Voting record .. a question for you well informed politicsarguers

On Nov 10, 2:00*pm, Larry L wrote:
Cao's brave move, *out of sync with the Repuglican Lock Step,on health
care has reminded me of my own representative's lack of...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 30th, 2008, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By brians
a value of humans

Larry L wrote:
I'm a loner ... not "anti"-social, just non-social. I find many things
in life improved by the absence of humanity

BUT ... not everything

today I set out to buy...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 23rd, 2008, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By brians
Dumb redfish question

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
I'm packing my bags for New Orleans, we leave on the
City of New Orleans (Amtrak) at 10:30 tonight, and I'm
taking a minimal amount of fishing gear.

My dumb question...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 18th, 2008, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Posted By brians
Ot? .. digi-cam upgrade

Larry L wrote:

I have a Pentax Optio 33 WR that is 'water resestant' fits in a shirt pocket
and takes good enough photos for most uses

but I'd like to have a similar type camera ( water...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 18th, 2008, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By brians
surprised

Larry L wrote:
I'm somewhat surprised to find that, with the rods mentioned, my original
assumptions seem to be more true than not.

If you lock the line, point the rod at the weight ( fish...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 18th, 2008, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By brians
1 wt reel

Larry L wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote

My 1wt has more fish landing backbone than you might think
and it's a good fishing tool for some...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 17th, 2008, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By brians
1 wt reel

Dennis wrote:
any one know of a good 1 wt reel to pair up with a 8'6 1 wt rod

I'm currently using a CFO1 and a Sage 3100.

brians
Forum: Fly Fishing March 7th, 2008, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By brians
San Diego

Frank Reid wrote:

Any decent surf casting this time of year? Trying to figure out if I
should bring my rod when I go out there for a weeklong confernce
starting the 16th of this month.
Forum: Fly Fishing March 7th, 2008, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By brians
bTR&PR

Larry L wrote:
PR (product review )

I proved I'm a sucker for adman hype and bought a Sharkskin line ( gray, 5
wt )

I took it out in the real world today for the first time

Forum: Fly Fishing February 22nd, 2008, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By brians
Wader suspender repair

Drossi wrote:
Like an Fn idiot I closed the hatch of my jeep without looking closely
and broke the female clip of the suspenders.:dizzy::mad: They are a
pair of Simms if that matters. My...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 19th, 2008, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By brians
Fishing Vest weight discussion

rb608 wrote:
On Feb 19, 1:41 pm, "Danl" danlfinn@*remove this*intergate.com
wrote:

I have had no trouble with mine and recommend these gizmos.

I checked Campmor & REI, & they both...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 15th, 2008, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By brians
Fished a Sharkskin?

Larry L wrote:
"Tom Nakashima" wrote

here's the skinny on SA sharkskin from the Sac show:
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewise08flycoverage.html
I doubt if I'll...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12