Showing results 1 to 25 of 65
Search took 1.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Forum: Fly Fishing July 24th, 2008, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Jimmy Cricket

Blue Ribbon Flies sold me all the parts to tie a "Jimmy Cricket "
fly---when I ask for tying instructions I was informed I need to buy their
current Book of tying instructions.
Anyone have a copy...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 24th, 2008, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Lee's Ferry

Headed out to Prescott Arizona for ten days. First trip out that way and
plan to drive up to Lee's Ferry area one day. Are there wading parts of
water in that area where you do not need a guide?....
Forum: Fly Fishing July 11th, 2008, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Arizona

Son in law buying a home in Prescott
Arizona this week after six years of living in Minnesota.
Thank god--walleye fishing during our visits has been fun and the walleye
eating great, but I am...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 8th, 2008, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 31
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
more surges in Montana...

"jeff miller" wrote in message

it's really a "tipping point" issue, isn't it? that, and how an
individual's or corporation's...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 23rd, 2008, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Swivels for spinners

Do you guys attach line direct to spinner baits or use some type of swivels?
Joe the elder
Forum: Fly Fishing June 4th, 2008, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 46
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
A weird dilemma for Obama...plus redneck

"Jeff" wrote in message --plus many others about
Obama's dilemma--I have tried to follow and understand the questions,
opinions, answers discussed without much ...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 29th, 2008, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
reel maintance

I use three Shimano stradic spinning reels [ 2 years old ]
for bass in golf course ponds and salt water fishing in local tidal creeks.
Two 2500's and one 4000.
I'm having problems with cranking...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 15th, 2008, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 71
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
And you say Bush is dumb.....

"jeff miller" wrote in message
Tim J. wrote:

jeff miller wrote:

salmobytes wrote:

salmobytes...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 10th, 2008, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
A fishing message

Spent last three days camped beside a medium size N.C. mountain stream. Saw
a couple of deer, a few wild turkeys and very few fish. Classed a WILD
stream by the state it is not stocked and with 25...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 28th, 2008, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Opie and Walt

Opie-I will give you a call next week after camp setup. Is Steels creek
first turn left after passing stone house?
Walt how do I find your new shop location coming in off Rt 40?
joe
Forum: Fly Fishing April 28th, 2008, 11:51 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Southern Hemisphere

"Trent Corbett" wrote in message

Anyone here been to New Zealand, fishing? I'd be going for a couple
months and am as interested in...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 27th, 2008, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Camping plans

For me half the fun of a fishing trip is getting "stuff"ready.

a week from today I-m leaving for a few days camping beside, and dipping
flies into a nice N.C. mountain stream.
thought I would be...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 23rd, 2008, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
steels creek N.C-suggestions

Plan to camp beside Steels creek just above Morganton

probably May 4 thru 7 if weather fits. Sort of a celebration of classes
ending this week.Anyone been up that way recently--any fish ? Will...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 22nd, 2008, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Fishing spots in the North GA Mountains of Blue Ridge, GA

The good news is that she knows how much I was looking forward to the
trip, so she planned a trip for us later this year. Not to the Smokies,
but to Italy (?!). We'll be heading to...
Forum: Bass Fishing April 15th, 2008, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Why so much lne?

Me, the farthest out I ever caught a fish might have been 90'/30yds
river fishing for cats/carp.
How about you.
Joe the Elder asks- my bass pond is about 120 yard wide and 4 food...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 5th, 2008, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Perennial problems

"rw" wrote in message

I'd have my own kickboat. I've fished Hegben twice -- once in Gherke's old
Gink Keeps it Up drift boat of Warren's (with...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 29th, 2008, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Bayou Redfish

"jeff miller" wrote in message

why polyleaders?

Joe the Elder-----here in N.C. I fish from kayak and use...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 25th, 2008, 11:03 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 21
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Trout Poachers -- Caught on Film

"Daniel-San" wrote in message
http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/sspopup.mg?AlbumID=1001578

(I doubt the...
Forum: Bass Fishing March 17th, 2008, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
4 0r 6 lb line?

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message
news:arvDj.18$ [ 21 acre golf course pond- shallow with not many hang up
along edges

A lot of what I base my line...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 17th, 2008, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
You gotta be kidding!

"jeffc" wrote in message .

Orvis. -------------
They're fairly average in quality and price. But they are ubuiquitous,
and that alone deserves at least a little resistance...
Forum: Bass Fishing March 17th, 2008, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
4 0r 6 lb line?

new to bass fishing and getting ready to set up my rods for pond fishing [
21 acre golf course pond- shallow with not many hang up along edges other
than brush ].
Using Shimano stratic 2500 reels ...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 10th, 2008, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 25
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Lefty Limping

"Frank Reid" wrote in message Tribune:
KREH NEEDS SURGERY:
Essentially, what I need, is if anyone in ROFF has personal contact
with a big name fly fisher/tyer that could be...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 29th, 2008, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 19
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
Drift Boats - advantages and disadvantages

"jeff miller" wrote in message
Opus--Mark H. Bowen wrote:
"jeff miller" wrote in...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 24th, 2008, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
drys and nymphs

spent three days last week scouting brookie stream around Ashville N.C. on
the east slope of Blue Ridge Mountains.
A heavy thunder shower, two inches of fast new water, cold weather and
probably a...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 22nd, 2008, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_3_]
old eastern roffer

walked into fly shop in Bevard N.C. yesterday and man behind the desk was
Richard Warren--he has gotten married again and moved to Western N.C. to
enjoy the good life. Asked me to say hi to you...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 65