Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: redietz
Forum: Fly Fishing May 22nd, 2009, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By redietz
TR- Back to the Old School

On May 22, 9:56*am, George Cleveland
wrote:
I have a lot of fly rods. Generally speaking this is a good thing. But
it also means that there are some rods I own...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 24th, 2009, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By redietz
OT (maybe) Rivers

On Apr 24, 2:34*pm, "Fred" wrote:
Well if the river was whiskey
I'd be a diving duck
Now Well if the river was whiskey
I'd be a diving duck
I would dive *to the...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 8th, 2009, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By redietz
Fishing Smelt Flies ?

On Apr 8, 11:41*am, george9219 wrote:
On Apr 7, 6:43*pm, redietz wrote:

Forum: Fly Fishing April 8th, 2009, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Apr 7, 6:43*pm, redietz wrote:

On Apr 6, 8:05*am, "Robert11" wrote:

Forum: Fly Fishing April 7th, 2009, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By redietz
Fishing Smelt Flies ?

On Apr 6, 8:05*am, "Robert11" wrote:
Hi,

Have never fished streamers much, but am thinking of getting a bunch of
flies
imitating Smelts for some fishing on the...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 19th, 2009, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By redietz
Scotch....

On Jan 19, 4:41*pm, rb608 wrote:

Au contraire, mon frere. *I recently finished off a bottle of Woodford
Reserve (as a break from the daily Martians), and I'm sure there...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 19th, 2009, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By redietz
Scotch....

On Jan 17, 11:17*am, wrote:
I heard Scotch was the swill left over from good Bourbon distillation
and then flavored with orange extract. Could that be true?
I don't...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying January 14th, 2009, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 10
Posted By redietz
Carrie Stevens

On Jan 13, 8:34*pm, Frank Reid wrote:
Anyone here tie Carrie Stevens patterns? *Where do you get the hooks?
Frank Reid

Try:

http://greatfeathers.com/mikemartinek.aspx
Forum: Fly Fishing December 31st, 2008, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By redietz
OT, Query, re "redd up"

Another link:

http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2007/12/reddy-or-not.html

I grew up outside Philadelphia and never heard it used around there.
However, I have family (both by blood & marriage) in...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 18th, 2008, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By redietz
Eloquence, posted without comment

On Dec 18, 12:49*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
riverman wrote:
From an AP news report this morning. Said during an interview:

"I'm a free market guy,"...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 12th, 2008, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 70
911
Posted By redietz
911

On Dec 11, 2:15*am, "asadi" wrote:
....Okay, we are never going to really know what happened to Kennedy...

He was shot.
Forum: Fly Fishing October 13th, 2008, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By redietz
Sage FLi

On Oct 13, 1:50*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
I see that Sage is discontinuing the FLi series in 2009. These
are now on clearance sale at a lot of places and they...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 2nd, 2008, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 84
Posted By redietz
Dual nymphs

On May 2, 2:19 pm, Mike wrote:

If they canīt control the drift of one nymph, how does using two
improve matters?

Multi-fly rigs are invariably just a waste of...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 22nd, 2008, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By redietz
A new way to go clamming

Hmm -- I've caught mammals in the form of bats, and crustacea in the
form of crayfish on the fly, but mollusks... you're a whole phylum up
on me!
Forum: Fly Fishing April 1st, 2008, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By redietz
Poll: If you had to keep your fish, would you still fish?

No. For the same reason that I no longer hunt: there are just times
when I'm too tired at the end of the day to clean game/fish.

If I'm after food, the supermarket is cheaper.
Forum: Fly Fishing March 13th, 2008, 04:20 PM Posted to alt.flyfishing
Replies: 9
Posted By redietz
Fisheries Management: The search for quality.

Since about half of these rate as not important at all, I'm assuming
that this is a 1-10 rating, not ranking:

Rate the following 1-10 where 1 means "not important to me" and 10
means "most...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 7th, 2008, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By redietz
Trout priest?

On Mar 7, 12:11 am, notbob wrote:

"Nice for display! Remember; Catch and Release."

Who says fly fishermen don't have a sense of humor?

Thinking about it some more,...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 7th, 2008, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By redietz
Trout priest?

On Mar 7, 12:11 am, notbob wrote:

already, Frank...), I ran across a $100 "trout priest". Now, I'm not
exactly sure what a trout priest is, but I have my suspicions. One...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 4th, 2008, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By redietz
WayOT death markers

On Feb 1, 8:28 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:

Y'all might want to consult those obliquely mounted yellow square signs
posted at odd intervals along the road side.......um......well in...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 1st, 2008, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By redietz
WayOT death markers

On Feb 1, 3:00 pm, rb608 wrote:

I don't think there's much mystery about them. One person puts one
up, others see it & think it's a good remembrance. A few more go...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 1st, 2008, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By redietz
WayOT death markers

On Feb 1, 1:56 pm, "Larry L" wrote:
A headline today in my local paper about the guy who got drunk and stoned
and managed to kill five guys on their way to work a...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 29th, 2007, 08:48 PM Posted to alt.flyfishing
Replies: 5
Posted By redietz
winter fly fishing solutions?

On Nov 29, 10:55 am, salmobytes wrote:
It's about 10 degrees F here in Gallation CO
Montana right now. I hunt when it's below zero. So I don't mind
being out in...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 9th, 2007, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By redietz
Buzzed Ramble

On May 8, 5:18 pm, Wayne Knight wrote:
On May 8, 1:36 am, "J & D Moe" wrote:

,picked
up a copy of John Gierach's "Trout Bum" about a month ago (I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26