Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Getz
Forum: Bass Fishing December 7th, 2008, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike Getz
Ebay

eBay is a good place to try if you're selling something. They make it easy
for you to get a "storefront" so you don't have to rely on the auction part
of their site. Most important thing is...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 6th, 2008, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Mike Getz
Reaction Innovation

Dan, look for the "more stuff" category and then for "dealers near you". I
did this and found a place less than 20 miles from my fishing Buddies house,
he's already been there and can't wait to go...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 20th, 2008, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Getz
Gloves in COLD weather

Thanks all for the input. I went today water was 41 and the air was upper
30's and the fingers where fine? I don't ice fish here the ice is to thin.
I have wool fingerless gloves, but as someone...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 19th, 2008, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Getz
Gloves in COLD weather

The little lake I fish has gone on a roller coaster ride in water temps
since Friday, I had a 52, 58, 52 and 30 the past 4 days. My ring finger on
my right hand was getting painful, I have a pair...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 6th, 2008, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike Getz
The Tin Can Too

Very Nice!!!

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Henry Hefner" wrote in message
Bob La...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 4th, 2008, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike Getz
The Tin Can Too

My wife and I had a similar incident, we bought special order furniture, the
store told us 6 weeks later they didn't have the stuff and were going out of
business, I could quote "get in line" and...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 3rd, 2008, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Getz
Whacky Weather

I caught Bass, bluegill and crappie on this thing. The biggest bass was 12
inches, the same size as the biggest bluegill. Most where crappie 9-10
inches long.

"What me worry?"...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 2nd, 2008, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Getz
Whacky Weather

The little pond I fish has got cold, 48-52 in the past couple days. Friday
late afternoon early evening I went down for a few hours. I was throwing a
1.5 inch crank trying for anything that would...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 28th, 2008, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 19
Posted By Mike Getz
I am NOT ready for this...

I know you can track deer by footprints in the snow, maybe you can do the
same for the Smallies and muskies ;)

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 23rd, 2008, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Getz
Snot Grass

It's a small pond and especially this year with the drought, there's been
very little flow. Right now the pond is about 2 inches from flowing into
the overflow pipe. Last years drought was worse...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 22nd, 2008, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Getz
Snot Grass

I've never seem mats of it, only clumps attached to weeds and other items in
the water even when catching a fish, only small clumps. I'll guess the
"strands" are about 4-6 inches long.

This site...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 22nd, 2008, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Getz
Top Six North GA Division - West Point lake

Way to go Ronnie!!!

I like how modest you are, I'll try to remember that when I get into my
first tourney in the Southern Classic 2010 :)

Mike

"Ronnie" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 21st, 2008, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Getz
Snot Grass

The little pond I fish is getting lot's of what I call snot grass in it
again. It's slimy bright green and has the texture of snot and sticks to
everything I throw. It hugs the stumps and weeds. ...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 10th, 2008, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 21
Posted By Mike Getz
Southern Classic - 2010

I've never fished a tournament, had plenty of bragging rights type events.
I just may start saving my money and come see what I've been reading for the
past so many years, I know I took some time...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 7th, 2008, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Getz
Looking for a Trolling Motor

I spoke to him last night, he's coming down this weekend and said you should
receive it Wed/Thur, that'll give you time to install it and wet a line from
the front.

"Steve @...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 6th, 2008, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Getz
Looking for a Trolling Motor

I'm glad I remembered, something I don't do as often as I'd like...

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message

"Mike...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 28th, 2008, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Getz
Looking for a Trolling Motor

Steve, I sent a email to my fishing buddy that doesn't read these boards. I
know he swapped his out recently and I think he may still have the "old one"
He has a 21 foot Pro Craft, so I'm sure if...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 21st, 2008, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike Getz
A little fishing today...

Steve caught a few big ones, will try and get links to pics when in. On day
2 I used the same tube all day, it was tore up, missing tentacles and a hole
where the jig eye was bigger than the jig...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 14th, 2008, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike Getz
Prayers Needed

Good thoughts and well wishes heading your way.

Mike

"Joshuall" wrote in message
Dear friends & buddies,

Some...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 14th, 2008, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike Getz
A little fishing today...

Thanks Steve, I lost my ability to access A.B.P.F. These give me something
to shoot for, I'll be on the upper Alleghany in west central PA above
Emlenton.

Mike

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com"...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 6th, 2008, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Getz
Lube instructions for a PTI Spinning reel

Thanks for the info fellas, I guess I was looking for take apart
instructions so I don't end up with leftover parts on the reassembly, I
think I'll take it in for a professional service, it's 2-3...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 5th, 2008, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Getz
Lube instructions for a PTI Spinning reel

I dipped my Quantum Kinetic PTI in the lake while on my new pontoon boat, it
became very difficult to reel in, but was able to back reel and rotate
without any problems. It felt like there was a...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 3rd, 2008, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike Getz
Storm At Steve's

Can you provide the link to the pic?

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
I posted a picture on A.B.P.F. of the storm...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 2nd, 2008, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Getz
Fewer Anglers

I took my 11 year old nephew on a 6 hour float trip, he had a nice one on,
but forgot to set the hook, oh well. He had fun and asked if we could hit
the lake later that night. I think he's...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 25th, 2008, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Getz
Fewer Anglers

Bob I see more anglers on the local waters I fish near me, granted all of
them are electric only or limited HP lakes. I don't fish tournaments, I
fish because I enjoy it, I've had friendly...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 40