Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.94 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joe McIntosh[_2_]
Forum: Fly Fishing August 18th, 2007, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
Anyone fly fish for Musky? trip report

" On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:15:53 -0500, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

mdk77 wrote:
I've never fished for Muskies, one of the local lakes I fly fish (for
Forum: Fly Fishing July 24th, 2007, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
A few pics over at ABPF

"Opus--Mark H. Bowen" wrote in message
Upper Creek Trip yesterday.

Op
Op we changed over to road runner-still use outlook express ...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 22nd, 2007, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
bass after rain

"John B" wrote had real good luck throwing a plastic worm
right against the bank.
In my "amateur" opinion, the bass might think that after a rain the
banks supply them with an...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 21st, 2007, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
bass after rain

mountain trout fishing after a rain is usually active as bugs have been
washed into stream.
Being new to bass fishing I jumped into my kayak and fished my local bass
pond { 21 acre-90% under four...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 19th, 2007, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
O.T. .. this just came to me.....

"asadi" wrote in message news:7jCni.2510
and I'd like to talk about God.

There are two kinds of men, those who are moral and honest because of God.

And...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 16th, 2007, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
hot yellowstone

No news from the Yellowstone mini-clave {J Miller, Dan'l etc } Sure hope
they have not been cooked--Message on FF at yesterday said in some areas you
did not need to cast just pick the dead fish...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 9th, 2007, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
hook up

new to bass fishing and have been having some success with senko's with 2/0
hooks.
Am fishing a shallow 21 acre pond on golf course so yesterday after a
cooling rain decided to try crankbaits....
Forum: Fly Fishing July 5th, 2007, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
pre-TR

Indian Joe adds---have a great trip--Alaska trips rate as some of my
finest---but what are you going to do with all the king meat??? We traded
with the natives for watermelon and eggs !!{ got tired...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 3rd, 2007, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 25
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
montana - july 9-17

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
also for a day of catching tons of
nice fish... try the ruby!

I tried that,...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 29th, 2007, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
arcane montana query

wrote in message And the weapons used came into
play. The troopers had single-shots and
sidearms, while the "Indians" had a fair number of repeating rifles, and
by...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 19th, 2007, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
Rainy Lake Minn.

Going to spend 10 days on a house boat in early August--will be towing a
bass boat and a canoe for fishing. I normally fish in mountain creeks for
trout with a fly rod and a small pond for bass ...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 19th, 2007, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
Rainy Lake Minn.

Going to spend 10 days on a house boat in early August--will be towing a
bass boat and a canoe for fishing. I normally fish in mountain creeks for
trout with a fly rod and a small pond for bass ...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 19th, 2007, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
Rainy Lake Minn.

Going to spend 10 days on a house boat in early August--will be towing a
bass boat and a canoe for fishing. I normally fish in mountain creeks for
trout with a fly rod and a small pond for bass ...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 6th, 2007, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
Fly tying books

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
On Jun 5, 7:24 am, "Joe McIntosh" wrote:
cleaning up...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 5th, 2007, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
Fly tying books

Joe replies--good to hear from you Ken--were you interested in buying the
books?
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 5th, 2007, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
Fly tying books

cleaning up bookshelf--have three colorful fly tying books to share with a
collector
The Art of Fly Tying --John Van Vliet-1994-126 pages
Salmon Flies--Poul Jorgensen -1999 second edition-190...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 2nd, 2007, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
Recommendations for lightweight hiking/wading boots

On May 31, 2:34 pm, JR wrote:
Well, it looks like the calcs I made that led me to try an early
semi-retirement were, um, somewhat overly optimistic.

Indian Joe having...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 26th, 2007, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
TR 2 - TENN, part 1[ old long tr]

wrote in message i can't express my
disappointment at not being able to fish
slickrock with the boys from out west. i have only fished it two
times, but i consider...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 5th, 2007, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
Forgotten Treasures #19: THE SPECKLED BROOK TROUT--PART X

"Wolfgang" wrote in message McIntosh offers----good
stuff--reminds me of J.Miller's condensed version
of a day up Sassaffass Falls when he fishes among the...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 4th, 2007, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
Forgotten Treasures #19: THE SPECKLED BROOK TROUT--PART X

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
THE SPECKLED BROOK TROUT

PART X: ALONG A TROUT-STREAM.
Forum: Bass Fishing April 24th, 2007, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
set the hook

new to bass fishing but learned to set the hook when mountain trout
fishing with small flies.

Now have a 21 acre pond within our golf course that no one else fishes so
am spending lots of time...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 23rd, 2007, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
bass

GOOOOD MORNING fly fishermen
just passing by and wanted to say hi !

Have been catching bass on my 21 acre golf course pond with spinning gear--
have spotted their holes and feeding spots--and...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 4th, 2007, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
Dual Fly Combos?

"Flytyer37" wrote in message
On Apr 3, 5:42 pm, "Padishar Creel" wrote:
I was updating...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 2nd, 2007, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
Quick TR

Left my kayak
flipped over in bullrushes overnight and yesterday as I went down to
fish for a couple of hours flipped it upright and put in my gear. Slid one
leg in as I shoved off and a 3 1/2...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 28th, 2007, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Joe McIntosh[_2_]
First person fish

Having requested help on writing a short article about trout fishing from
a small brookie's point of view I received several suggestions from this
group. J Miller mentioned that John Gardner...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34