Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.72 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Don Phillipson
Forum: Fly Fishing January 5th, 2008, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Don Phillipson
My Fly Fishing Library being sold

"Fishin Technician" wrote in
message ...

I have decided to to liquidate most of my Fly Fishing books that...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 9th, 2007, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 38
Posted By Don Phillipson
Why is that ...

"Mike" wrote in message

Years ago, there was a film with Cary Grant, and
I think Robert Mitchum, I canīt...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 14th, 2007, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 54
Posted By Don Phillipson
Fly Fishing Canoe

"mdk77" wrote in message

I'm thinking a canoe would be a simple
way to get onto the many ponds, rivers...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 5th, 2007, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 19
Posted By Don Phillipson
Questions about Rod Building

"Don46" wrote in message

I'm thinking I might treat myself to a new rod this winter and am
considering...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 24th, 2007, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Don Phillipson
Hello and good evening!.

"MulletontheFly" wrote in message

Myself - 40 - based in southern U.K. - fly fishing for 36 years ( yep
-...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 22nd, 2007, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Don Phillipson
Anyone fly fish for Musky?

"jim hill" wrote in message
. . . I wanted to try Pike on a fly I used a short shank stainless
steel salt water hook with a wide gap...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 16th, 2007, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 79
Posted By Don Phillipson
Fishing for stocked fish.

"Mike" wrote in message

4. In the majority of cases, these fish are badly contaminated with
Forum: Fly Fishing August 28th, 2007, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 33
Posted By Don Phillipson
OT Gonzales

wrote in message

thus far, there has been
no charge(s), much less a conviction, that Gonzales did _anything_ that
Forum: Fly Fishing August 25th, 2007, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Don Phillipson
Labrador

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
Ken, the following is from fishing board and answers a question I
asked about guides...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 16th, 2007, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Don Phillipson
Do any of you fly fish at night?

"mdk77" wrote in message

I was looking for information on trout fishing in Missouri and there
was a post...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 9th, 2007, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By Don Phillipson
Line choice

"BobS" wrote in message

1. For a 9wt rod, is a floating, sinking or an interchangeable line better
suited for...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 4th, 2007, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Don Phillipson
The Illiad, The Odyssey and the Grande Cascapedia

"rford" wrote in message

6:30 am on Saturday, my friend John arrived at my home to pick me up for
our trip to the Grande...
Forum: Fishing in Canada May 27th, 2007, 04:14 PM Posted to can.rec.fishing
Replies: 2
Posted By Don Phillipson
Holiday in Canada

"macribo" wrote in message

Hi all, I'm from Italy and I'm planning with my husband our next holiday
in
Canada for the...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 1st, 2007, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By Don Phillipson
Tippets: 'X' vs breaking strength

"riverman" wrote in message

Can anyone give me a summary of the relationship between the X system
of tippets,...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 18th, 2007, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Don Phillipson
Penobscot AtSal spring season nixed

"George Adams" wrote in message

On Feb 17, 1:20 pm, daytripper wrote:
Forum: Fly Fishing February 14th, 2007, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By Don Phillipson
newbe questions

"Mike" wrote in message

I plan on learing to fly fish this spring and I don't know anyone in this
area that does...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 4th, 2007, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Don Phillipson
Fly tying rules: in or out?

"Da" wrote in message

2 day ago, I posted a new pattern. Here is the pattern link http://
Forum: Fly Fishing January 23rd, 2007, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 27
Posted By Don Phillipson
Dems give up hope of 2008 Presidential bid?

"rb608" wrote in message

I recently started trying to use voice recognition software (Dragon) for
writing reports. It's...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 17th, 2007, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By Don Phillipson
Beginner question.

wrote in message

I live near the Rocky River in Northeast Ohio. Right
now there are steelhead in the river...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 10th, 2007, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By Don Phillipson
Floater help needed

"Larry L" wrote in message

OK, the scene is that you are going to hop in your kickboat and float a
Forum: Fly Fishing January 5th, 2007, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 64
Posted By Don Phillipson
Virus help, please

"salmobytes" wrote in message

If the computer runs at all, copy all your data files to a cdrom.
Then...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 2nd, 2007, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By Don Phillipson
Computer Geek Alert!

"Opus" wrote in message

"Don Phillipson" wrote in message
For theoretical information do
/...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 2nd, 2007, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By Don Phillipson
Computer Geek Alert!

"Opus" wrote in message

I have no idea how, but for some reason all of my newsgroups posts are
backed-up and upon deletion sent to...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 16th, 2006, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By Don Phillipson
Do you have money to invest - and love flyfishing ?

"Tony" wrote in message

I am an inventor and I have a patent pending on an invention which has
global...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 13th, 2006, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Don Phillipson
Customer Service Basic Math

" wrote in message