Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Forum: Fly Fishing November 9th, 2016, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
I wonder . . .

You never send me flowers?
Forum: Fly Fishing June 19th, 2014, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Wow! This used to be one heck of a group.

I must disagree with notbob about the character of former roffians. The vast majority were extremely knowledgeable in a myriad of subjects and professions, fly fishing was just their special...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 28th, 2013, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
A most expensive CD

Too funny! Where the hell was I when all of this actually took place?

Be careful Asadi!

Op
Forum: Fly Fishing December 28th, 2013, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
I miss ROFF

So, how are you and Myron fairing together in the islands? You absolutely amaze me--being able to just pick up sticks and move to a new home so far from the old home.

Anyway, best to you and...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 14th, 2011, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Spinning Rod & Flies ?

On Friday, March 11, 2011 2:23:05 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:21:24 -0800 (PST), "Mark H. Bowen" b

Having never had the misfortune to meet him
Forum: Fly Fishing March 14th, 2011, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Dawgz

On Friday, March 11, 2011 7:57:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I love them.

I have never lived w/o one.
Great companions and some wonderful fishing dogs.

I have a question for...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 11th, 2011, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Spinning Rod & Flies ?

On Wednesday, March 9, 2011 1:04:25 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 07:59:58 -0500, D. LaCourse
wrote:

People like Tom Littleton, RW, Fred,...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 22nd, 2011, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
What would YOU do?

So I take it that you're saying that we aren't going to Fiji, Monte Carlo, and other parts unknown?

Drats! I never get to have any fun :~^ (

Op --depressed in Lenoir and parts too well known--
Forum: Fly Fishing February 20th, 2011, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
What would YOU do?

Party! I say we head for Fiji, Monte Carlo, and other parts unknown. Screw the rest of these guyz--bunch of wusses! Give it back? WTF. They shouldn't have lost it in the first place!

Call me, I'll...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 14th, 2011, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Meeting of the Minds

Can I show up? I loved fried oysters and pecan pie, and I could start drinkin' again in that company.

Op
Forum: Fly Fishing February 14th, 2011, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
The invention of the sail

On Monday, February 14, 2011 2:21:50 PM UTC-5, JT wrote:

Speaking of a sail, I took my first ride in a one person ice boat this
weekend on our lake. What a rush!
The GPS said 41.2 mph high...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 14th, 2011, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Meeting of the Minds

On Sunday, February 13, 2011 10:33:54 AM UTC-5, Injun Joe wrote:
Joe the Elder offers---don"t know what your other guests would think
but eating dog and horse might offer some change. Instead...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 12th, 2011, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Montana Clave?

I find this post extremely suspect, in that you say you have a "friend"!

Never doubted the existence of Fawn Lake.

Love always, your pal,

Opie
Forum: Fly Fishing February 6th, 2011, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
TR

Please don't let them send in the clowns--they scare the feces out of me!

Op
Forum: Fly Fishing February 5th, 2011, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Is it OK if I jump in?

So, basically, you are saying he should tie up some really big bass-turds?

Op
Forum: Fly Fishing February 5th, 2011, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Moose Body Hair?

Yes well, that would make it a bit difficult to post pics of a place you have yet to visit--I suppose.

Don't worry bout your 'ol buddy stuck up here in these fridged hills!

Op
Forum: Fly Fishing February 5th, 2011, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Wrong NG, I know

Okay, I know I should post this query in rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying, but it receives so little traffic.

How do I get over my obsession to keep every little speck of tying material! I find it...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 4th, 2011, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Moose Body Hair?

Anything for you Mr. Miller!

I have been tying a bit of late, mostly for Soren Finne--flyswap--but I have some really nifty looking patterns to try out too. I cannot wait for some decent fishin'...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 4th, 2011, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
National Geographics new issue.

I ain't had a chance to get to any of the other articles just yet. I'll report back later.

Note to self: "Remember to look for bald naive gorillas!"

Op
Forum: Fly Fishing February 3rd, 2011, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
National Geographics new issue.

There is an article abut the evolution of feathers in this issue. Quite interesting reading for those of us non-birdmen.

Op
Forum: Fly Fishing February 3rd, 2011, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Moose Body Hair?

Okay, I tied one like I believe you described in your earlier post--except I tied the CDC in under the wing. It is tied on a #12 hook.

First 4 pics...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 3rd, 2011, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Moose Body Hair?

I tied in the CDC, but not as you suggested--I'm just experimenting with patterns so anything goes really.

The first four pics are my most recent caddis with CDC:...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 2nd, 2011, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Moose Body Hair?

So, basically, I gotta travel to Africa, shoot an Antelop, skin it, get the hide thru customs, and I'm good to go? :~^ (

Op
Forum: Fly Fishing January 30th, 2011, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
Link to USD fly swap flyz

Larry,
I guess more than anything I am trying to learn to tie flyz better and better flyz--one of the two should hopefully work out. Practice may not make perfect, but in my case it Shirley won't...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 29th, 2011, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark H. Bowen[_2_]
ROFF of the past

I'm thinking alien abduction/or a timely return to his mother planet.

Op
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57