Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Wayne Harrison
Forum: Fly Fishing September 7th, 2011, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 26
Posted By Wayne Harrison
the death of roff

the demise of rec.outdoors.fishing.fly is a tragic certainty. there may be
some reflexive flips and flops, not unlike the last gasps of a rainbow in
the rocks and sand up on hazel creek, but you...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 1st, 2011, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 93
Posted By Wayne Harrison
r.o.f.f.

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote

(snip)

turns out i was wrong about r.o.f.f--it was not darwinian. it changed, and
as a result thereof, died.

but, hell, thanks for the...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 23rd, 2011, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Wayne Harrison
TR yeah, believe it or not

"john b" wrote

...spending hours on the
dock of the bay Percy Sledge sang about

actually, john, that would be otis redding...

but, damn good trip report, anyway!

yfitons
Forum: Fly Fishing August 9th, 2011, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Whitewater and salmon

"D. LaCourse" wrote in message
Joanne and I took the entire family (14) to Lakewood for a long week-end.

sounds like an idyllic...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 12th, 2011, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Rapid River, Middle Dam, ME

"D. LaCourse" wrote

brook trout pictured was caught in the lake on a streamer. The brook
trout in the river are protected. Matt is the cabin-boy at Lakewood and
is just...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 5th, 2011, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Wehrspann Lake, NE

"Frank Reid © 2010" wrote in message
Okay, get up bright and e30arly as the bride comes home from...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 27th, 2011, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Northern Wisconsin/Yoop

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
(snip)

I sincerely hope this addendum to my TR satisfies your rather
rigorous TR requirements.

why, it was a pleasant and...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 27th, 2011, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Northern Wisconsin/Yoop

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
Me and the dog spent a week in a remote campsite in northern
Wisconsin.
(interesting tr...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 23rd, 2011, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Wayne Harrison
The life of a Pass Lake

"Conan The Librarian" wrote
(snip great little anecdote)

Wish
her well for me.

Chuck Vance (so no, this wasn't a story about catching fish,
sorry)
Forum: Fly Fishing June 20th, 2011, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By Wayne Harrison
The Other Penns

"Frank Reid © 2010" wrote
(total snip)
..
Frank Reid

hilarious, as usual. and with that added hint of danger.

yfitons
wayno
Forum: Fly Fishing June 20th, 2011, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Father's Day Morning

"Tom Littleton" wrote

Most
of the fun was over by 10 am, and just to punctuate that fact, a couple of
Great Blue Herons mounted their lookout spots to start the...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 14th, 2011, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 16
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Knot question....

"riverman" wrote

alternate knot for the line-leader connection, or some hints from
folks to make the loops in the leader not cut the sheathing on the
line?

line to...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 3rd, 2011, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Mosquitoes so big........

"D. LaCourse" wrote
(snip)
Refreshed and well fed, I plan on hitting the river after this is written.
More to follow.

Dave

very enjoyable reportage, louie. please...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 26th, 2011, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Nuts etc

"D. LaCourse" wrote

Jeff and wayno are great guys, but they ain't heroes
*yet*. d;o)

there just might be some truth to that statement; but i sure come close in
the eyes of...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 25th, 2011, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 22
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Nuts......and other things

"D. LaCourse" wrote

Vanilla/chocolate. His writings are ridiculously verbose and boring. The
boy has to write to impress everyone with his "gift". Sanks, but no
sanks. ...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By Wayne Harrison
To my friends in North Cacleackey

"D. LaCourse" wrote in message
In the world of hi-tech gadgetry, I've noticed that more and more people
who
send text messages and...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 13th, 2011, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By Wayne Harrison
tr--or, how age and infirmity make cowards of us all...

so, last sunday was the first day of "our" long-lived spring trip to the
smokies, that some of the old timers will recall involves fly fishing
efforts by (after some 40 years together) myself, my...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 13th, 2011, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Your nuts are in the mail

"JR" wrote in message
On 5/5/2011 5:15 PM, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

Forum: Fly Fishing May 13th, 2011, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 40
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Penns Clave SXchedule--sort of

"Tom Littleton" wrote in message
On 5/6/2011 3:28 PM, Wayne Harrison wrote:
....but, tom says to himself, i treasure the unharmed...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 13th, 2011, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 40
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Penns Clave SXchedule--sort of

"jeff" wrote
(eulogy, all too kind, snipped)

i forgot to add "warmth of character" and "charm" to the
original wager... thanks for reminding me...

jeff

the...
Forum: Fly Fishing May 6th, 2011, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 40
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Penns Clave SXchedule--sort of

.....but, tom says to himself, i treasure the unharmed condition of my
kneecaps...
wrote in message ...
On 5/5/2011 7:51 PM, D. LaCourse...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 12th, 2011, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 48
Posted By Wayne Harrison
TR-observations of a newbie bonefisher -pics

"jeff" wrote in message
posted some pics on abpf...

jeffie, don't stop now. these reports are the most rewarding...
Forum: Fly Fishing April 8th, 2011, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 48
Posted By Wayne Harrison
TR-observations of a newbie bonefisher -#1 (intro)

"jeff" wrote in message
in short, bonefishing is a humbling experience to a newbie sal****er
flyfisherman. every...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 24th, 2011, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Friday, 3/18/11 - Poconos Creek

"Giles" wrote

Well, yeah.....but we were talking about fishing.

giles
who, if we are going to get all specific and ****, would still hold
out for a single mary louise parker...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 24th, 2011, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 19
Posted By Wayne Harrison
Andros

wrote in message
I'm going to Andros in a week -- mostly bonefish, probably barracuda,
but maybe...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250