Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: E. Carl Speros
Forum: Bass Fishing August 30th, 2008, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 0
Posted By E. Carl Speros
Puzzle Lake Ont.

I'm a lurker who likes to read some of your posts & I occasionally post
also. I'm semiretired & have been fishing my area (Lancaster County Pa.)
since the age of 5. (Conestoga Creek, Susquehanna...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 29th, 2007, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 2
Posted By E. Carl Speros
Clear lake + flood+ murky lake

A hog caller or similar spinner bait in light colors or a loud buzz bait
in the shallows might work.
Forum: Bass Fishing September 29th, 2007, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 13
Posted By E. Carl Speros
Grilling fish question

When I was a kid that's the way mom fried them. (living in Pa. sunnies,
bluegills, suckers (bony but sweet) & catfish found their way into her
frying pan. Olive Oil gives them a great taste. Lemon...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 23rd, 2007, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By E. Carl Speros
Fall Bassin

I fished Ontario last week & killed on Torpedoes & Pop Rs, casting them
onto the edge of the bank & doing a frog hop back to the boat. Most
times they hit it right off the bank, but I had a 4 lb....
Forum: Bass Fishing September 17th, 2007, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 48
Posted By E. Carl Speros
What are the weirdest things you've caught while fishing ?

In the piscatorial realm I caught a Green Garfish (rare this far north,
& as a kid fishing for flounder at Ocean City Md. I caught the oddest
fish I ever caught. It had a mouth like a largie & was...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 17th, 2007, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 0
Posted By E. Carl Speros
Puzzle Lake Pleasure

I just got back from a gorgeous week at Puzzle Lake Ont. The wildlife &
scenery were superb, my broter's cooking was world class. the trash talk
between the younger guys was hilarious & the fishing...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 3rd, 2007, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By E. Carl Speros
Headin North. Me Too, Carl

Ever since 1976 the guys in our family have fished on Puzzle Lake
Ontario. This is a central Ontario lake formed by the last ice age &
rockbound with coniferous & birches all around so as to make it...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 1st, 2007, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By E. Carl Speros
What First Got You Interested in Bass Fishing

When I was 8 or so I was alreay an avid fisherman, hooking into suckers,
blue gills etc. & having caught 2 catfish in the Conestoga River on one
line. An old gentleman who lived nearby & whom I loved...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 16th, 2007, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 0
Posted By E. Carl Speros
Ontario Tradition

For the last 25+ years the guys in my family have gone to Puzzle Lake
Ont. There are some big Bass of both species & Pike available. It's a 5
mile long glacial lake with 4 cabins on it. If I didn't...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 16th, 2007, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By E. Carl Speros
*((( Didja see the Gobi Bonanza Tourney on Lake Erie???

I don't know if it was a repeat, but ESPN2 showed a SM Bass Tournament
on Lake Erie. I've never seen anything like it. Many limits of 4 lb.+
Smallies. They were using the drop shot technique & the...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 4th, 2007, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12
Posted By E. Carl Speros
Gorging bass

Many of the pros say that rather than try to disgorge the hook from a
gut hooked fish, to snip the line at or very near the hook. In time the
hook will rust & come out (or so I've heard) I had to do...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 23rd, 2007, 10:48 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By E. Carl Speros
Why Lure Color Matters

An icthyologist friend tells me that in fish that white & other pale
colors work best most of the time. As an evidence of the truth he says
that albinos, whether fish or other animals seldom live to...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 23rd, 2007, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 18
Posted By E. Carl Speros
Guides calling themselves "Captain"

If the guide i in your boat he's no Captain. If you're in his it's his
prerogative. Aye Matie.
Forum: Bass Fishing July 20th, 2007, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By E. Carl Speros
survival of c & r smallie

*((( Unless I'm in a tournament, I use barbless hooks. With them
you lose more fish, but if you gut hook them they usually survive. If
I'm using barbed worms, lizards or other single hook rigs &...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14