Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 2.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Don Phillipson[_3_]
Forum: Fly Fishing August 1st, 2013, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Tubflies for newbie

"M" wrote in message

I started fly fishing last year and this year I want to try for sea trout
and salmon. I...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 25th, 2012, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Kit for sea bass

"M" wrote in message

I'm hoping to take a break for a week or so to Morocco early in the New
Year and am...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Advice on some fundamentals and behaviours

On Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:34:13 PM UTC+8, M wrote:

. . . I'm fishing river for wild brown trout. So far I'm catching small
fish no more than 7" in length.
. . . The only time I catch on...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 2nd, 2012, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Advice on some fundamentals and behaviours

"M" wrote in message

The only time I catch on wet fly is when I'm retrieving at speed. I have
never yet...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 18th, 2012, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Swapping leaders

"M" wrote in message

I'm still new to fly fishing and for the moment I'm trying to keep things
simple. Can...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 21st, 2011, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
exquisite chromolithographs are from Charles F. Orvis and A. Nelson Cheney's classic and extremely rare Fishing with the Fly

"Fishy Books" wrote in message

These exquisite chromolithographs are from Charles F. Orvis...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 14th, 2011, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 16
Knot question....

"riverman" wrote in message

I'm tuning up my 8-wt for a trip, and tying on new 15-lb leader. But
Forum: Fly Fishing April 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Portable chair

"Guy" wrote in message

Before I go to the lab and invent some type of
folding, adjustable,...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 2nd, 2011, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Giles: need tree update

"Todd" wrote in message

Inquiring minds would like an update on your trees.
How did they survive the blizzard? Not too many
Forum: Fly Fishing November 19th, 2010, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
The Man Who Planted Trees, a French Tale

"DaveS" wrote in message

In another thread this French classic inspirational tale of the union
Forum: Fly Fishing August 29th, 2010, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
TR Northern Michigan

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message

I first fished the Jordan River last year when Wayne Knight
took me there while I...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 10th, 2010, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 26
Need hook setting advice

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message

The English style is to mutter "God save the Queen" before
setting the hook....
Forum: Fly Fishing August 9th, 2010, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 26
Need hook setting advice

"Todd" wrote in message

These trout must have been caught several times before.
About every third drift, I would tangle with...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 25th, 2010, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 81
Torture?

"David LaCourse" wrote in message

http://content1.clipmarks.com/content/7E8ADC46-F3DD-4D6F-B184-3A07CF501B7C

On 2010-02-22...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 22nd, 2010, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
fly fishing tips

wrote in message
Hey fellow anglers,

I wanted to share these "Top 40 Fly Fishing Tips" with...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 14th, 2009, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Georgia in February

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message
On Dec 11, 5:20 pm, "Don Phillipson" wrote:

Forum: Fly Fishing December 11th, 2009, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Georgia in February

Seeking:
1. Pleasant historical tourist sites for the wife
2. Weakfish, redfish, et. for me
3. Mild and restorative weather for both. . . .
and thinking of either Charleston or Savannah as
the...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 11th, 2009, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Yarn Rod

"Giles" wrote in message

I've been recommending this for years. A four foot, quarter inch
dowel...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 21st, 2009, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Need advice on Brown Trout spawning behavior

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

Take a look at:-
http://www.answers.com/topic/brown-trout

Otherwise Google is your...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 17th, 2009, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
#22 midge eye

"Injun Joe" wrote in message

Planning a trip to N.C mountains next week -hope to catch a few
Forum: Fly Fishing September 8th, 2009, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Garlic and brining?

wrote in message

You seem to know what you want and how to do it - I am curious, though -
have
you tried a lower...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 8th, 2009, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Garlic and brining?

"Fred" wrote in message

I would like to know more anout cold smoing
Can you elaborate a bit - ?
I tried it w...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 7th, 2009, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
Garlic and brining?

"Todd" wrote in message ...

A friend of mine says he loves Garlic on his trout.
I would rather not waste a pan of good trout
trying this out. Any...
Forum: Fly Fishing August 19th, 2009, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 37
Bug spray

"digitaldougb" wrote in message

I'm looking for recommendations for a bug spray that's:
1)...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 10th, 2009, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Mini TR: First fish of the year

"Jon" wrote in message

Colorado was getting LOTS of rain . . .