Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: rb608
Forum: Fly Fishing January 7th, 2007, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By rb608
GFS2007 - Signup, Day 3

"jeff" wrote in message
i figure it'll take me about 50 throw-aways and a kitchen table and room
full of detritus to manage a single presentable fly (that i assumed...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 5th, 2007, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By rb608
the REAL Mystery....

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
7 1/2 inches long and built with a grip that suggests it wasn't
designed as a sighting instrument. The hole in the grip would allow it
to hang...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 4th, 2007, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By rb608
GFS2007 - Signup, Day 3

Woo hoo. The list now stands at 17 swappers. Keep 'em coming boyz.

Joe Fleischman
http://mysite.verizon.net/gfs2007/
Forum: Fly Fishing January 4th, 2007, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By rb608
GFS - early update

"Larry and a Cat named Dub" wrote in message
Whose this frank guy? :-)
Hope your feeling better

So Larry, you in, or what?

Joe F.
Forum: Fly Fishing January 3rd, 2007, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By rb608
GFS - early update

"Frank Church" wrote in message
...aw crap, sign me up Joe, I'll try tying something really simple. Been
fooling around with the vise and "maybe" I can tie if I lower it a...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 3rd, 2007, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By rb608
GFS - early update

"Ethan" wrote in message
Count me in, its my first year on ROFF, and I'm a pretty novice tier,
so consider yourself warned.
I will be submitting a Mallard Flank...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 2nd, 2007, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By rb608
GFS - early update

Following a couple days of copious consumption of alcoholic beverges,
college football, and old sci-fi movies on TCM, I've tallied the current
state of the GFS2007. At present, there are 12...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 2nd, 2007, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 41
Posted By rb608
knotted leaders

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
This matter of the crookedness of the surgeon's knot is a recurrent theme
here. I've always had a hard time understanding this because mine don't...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 31st, 2006, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By rb608
GFS2007 - The Official Announcement

Happy New Year wishes to one and all from the GFS2007 Swapmeister; and
herewith, the Official Announcement for the 2007 edition of the annual ROFF
Great Fly Swap. If you have no idea what this is...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 30th, 2006, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By rb608
When Fishing the Salmon River......

wrote in message
What do you think of Orvis' TLS 10' 7 Wt. 5-3/8 oz. Tip Flex 9.5 (4)
3" butt or perhaps,
TFO's Pro Series 12' 6" 8 Wt. (4) 3" butt. or TFO's 10" 9...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 30th, 2006, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By rb608
When Fishing the Salmon River......

wrote in message
Thank you for your informative reply. Can I use a float and rig as you
have described using spinning tackle?

I dunno. I'd expect you could cast it...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 30th, 2006, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 41
Posted By rb608
knotted leaders

"rw" wrote in message news
FYI, the surgeon's knot tests stronger than the blood knot.

Is there a significant difference between the two in stiffness in terms of...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 30th, 2006, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By rb608
When Fishing the Salmon River......

wrote in message
Well I'm all hyped up and ready to put together an outfit for the
Salmon River, New York for next years Fall season.

Oh yeah. Call and make your...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 30th, 2006, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

wrote in message
Well I'm all hyped up and ready to put together an outfit for the
Salmon River, New York for next years Fall season.
I have recently been made aware...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 28th, 2006, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By rb608
New to the fly game.. Set up a website for angling in plymouth...

"plymouth angler" wrote in message
Well i have just set up a new website, based in plymouth though
designed to spread information please take a quick look and tell me
Forum: Fly Fishing December 28th, 2006, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 1
Posted By rb608
GFS2007 - Preliminary Announcement

In the absence of any objections, I am assuming the mantle of Swapmeister
for the ROFF 2007 Great Fly Swap. As ever, I must honor the past
contibutions of ROFF's illustrious swapmeister, Frank...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 28th, 2006, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By rb608
Great flyswap of 2007....

"Tim J." wrote in message
Seriously:
Frank - I'm glad you're on the mend, my friend, and you'll be hosting
future GFS's in no time.

Ditto that Frank. I've...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 27th, 2006, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By rb608
Great flyswap of 2007....

"Smoking North 45°" wrote in message
If there's a free spot, can I play?

The tradition of the annual ROFF Great Fly Swap is that signup will begin at
midnight on New...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 27th, 2006, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By rb608
Great flyswap of 2007....

"Opus" wrote in message
So what's it gonna be? We're burnin' daylight Joe!

Well, I'm giving it a day for anyone else to "speak now or forever hold
their piece". 'Tis a...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 27th, 2006, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By rb608
Great flyswap of 2007....

"Frank Church" wrote in message
...is in jeapordy if someone doesn't volunteer to fill in for me this
year.
A...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 24th, 2006, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 10
Posted By rb608
The fly-fishing trip of a lifetime

"Fred Lebow" wrote in message
I would like to catch a few.

My wife wants a little warmth.

Iceland.

Joe F.
Forum: Fly Fishing December 23rd, 2006, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By rb608
The whole "best music/voice/LP/CD" thing...

wrote in message
Listen and enjoy.

I do, whever possible. So, do you have any personal input to share on this
topic (beyond your observations of the tastes of others)? ...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 15th, 2006, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By rb608
OT Blood type

"BJ Conner" wrote in message
And you get free cookies.

Maybe it's just here, but we usually get a free Red Cross T-shirt in the
"Give Blood" style du jour. I think most...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 15th, 2006, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 26
Posted By rb608
BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHTS!

"Wolfgang" wrote in message
Go outside.
Face north.

Nothing here but fog, lots of it. :-(

Joe F.
Forum: Fly Fishing December 10th, 2006, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 16
Posted By rb608
Winston IBIS?

"Opus" wrote in message
How 'bout them Mountaineers! GO!!! APPS!!! GO!!!

Geez, they've scored another TD since you posted that. ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57