Showing results 1 to 25 of 87
Search took 0.59 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Marty
Forum: Bass Fishing October 22nd, 2008, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Marty
Snot Grass

Maybe it's something else then. I'm not exactly an expert.

"Mike Getz" wrote in message
I've never seem mats of it, only clumps...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 21st, 2008, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Marty
Snot Grass

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message

"Mike Getz" wrote in message
Forum: Bass Fishing September 14th, 2008, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 16
Posted By Marty
A little fishing today...

Thanks. Very impressive, those are some fat and healthy-looking smallies.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message

Forum: Bass Fishing September 13th, 2008, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 8
Posted By Marty
Prayers Needed

I don't really know you, but I can empathize with your situation. You have
my very best wishes for her successful surgery and a quick and complete
recovery.

Maybe you can take some inspiration...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 13th, 2008, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 16
Posted By Marty
A little fishing today...

Sounds like a good day. How about a recap for those of us who have lost
access to ABPF.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 8th, 2008, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Marty
Big Fish

Very impressive!!

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
Posted on a.b.p.f. or he
Forum: Bass Fishing August 28th, 2008, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 28
Posted By Marty
Baitcasting reels-the attractive antique that reel companies won't admit to

"RichZ" wrote in message
ANTIQUE AUDIO wrote:

I still don't see the logic in using a baitcast reel for...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 19th, 2008, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 28
Posted By Marty
Baitcasting reels-the attractive antique that reel companies won't admit to

"AJ" wrote in message

Maybe, but I think he would have popped the bail open and taken the
loose line around the...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 18th, 2008, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 28
Posted By Marty
Baitcasting reels-the attractive antique that reel companies won't admit to

"AJ" wrote in message

Fished all morning with my trusty Calcutta 150, St Croix 6.5' medium
fast rod, 10 lb. Berkley...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 20th, 2008, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By Marty
Mepps

I used them a lot years ago, then stopped for some reason. A couple of years
ago I started again and they were no less effective than they used to be.
All I use is a plain silver-blade Aglia,...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 27th, 2008, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Marty
Does This Count as a Toad ?

Very nice, I'd say it counts!!

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"...
Forum: Bass Fishing April 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Marty
Power Pro on a spinning outfit??

I can't really answer your questions, but I use 15# Power Pro on three Daiwa
2500-size reels and don't have the problems you describe. I don't wet it or
condition it or use a leader.

"SHRED"...
Forum: Bass Fishing April 9th, 2008, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Marty
Casting distance

All other things being equal, a larger diameter spool will cast further
because for a given distance, because the line makes fewer revolutions and
does less slapping against the spool's lip. I...
Forum: Bass Fishing April 7th, 2008, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 18
Posted By Marty
Special privileges?

John, after I posted I noticed that Zieralski's column was from March 2005.
Any particular reason for pointing it out...
Forum: Bass Fishing April 6th, 2008, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 18
Posted By Marty
Special privileges?

Very interesting story. Throwing rocks is not my favorite way of expressing
an opinion. Is Jennings a publicly or privately owned lake and why is it
closed four days a week?

"John B"...
Forum: Bass Fishing April 4th, 2008, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 13
Posted By Marty
XPS Flurocarbon

"Charles Summers" wrote in message

Charles "The BassPro" Summers
Anyone remember that ---^

Yes. I don't post much, but...
Forum: Bass Fishing March 23rd, 2008, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 9
Posted By Marty
Your favorite fluorocarbon?

"RichZ" wrote in message
Marty wrote:
Rich, do you think either the Seaguar or Gamma handles well enough for...
Forum: Bass Fishing March 22nd, 2008, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 9
Posted By Marty
Your favorite fluorocarbon?

Rich, do you think either the Seaguar or Gamma handles well enough for the
10# to be used on a Daiwa size 2500 spinning reel?

"RichZ" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing March 18th, 2008, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Marty
4 0r 6 lb line?

Steve, what's your reason for not using backing?

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

"Joe McIntosh" ...
Forum: Bass Fishing March 17th, 2008, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Marty
4 0r 6 lb line?

Most guys who fish often spool their own line. There are so many brands. Two
old standards in mono are Original Stren and Trilene XL.

Relatively big fish can be caught on light line, such as 4#, as...
Forum: Bass Fishing February 26th, 2008, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 21
Posted By Marty
Worst Fishing show on TV

You're watching old shows; Bill and Strike King parted ways years ago. But
the private water and big bass are still there.

"Joshuall" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing February 24th, 2008, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 21
Posted By Marty
Worst Fishing show on TV

I agree. Bill Dance has been accused of being an infomercial, but he's
pretty tame compared to Shaw, who comes off as a total fake. I think Charlie
Ingram behaves similarly to Shaw.

"RichZ"...
Forum: Bass Fishing February 13th, 2008, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Marty
HARD BAITS

"Ronnie" wrote in message

All crankbaits will catch fish.

That's my experience over the 38...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 15th, 2008, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 13
Posted By Marty
best fighter

I agree with bluegill relative to size. Limited experience with rainbows
suggest they should be high on the list, as, of course, smallies must be.
Carp are great if you like something strong...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 10th, 2008, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 9
Posted By Marty
How Far Do You Go

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
How far do you go for a fellow participating member of an on-line
community?

If there...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 87