Showing results 1 to 25 of 126
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: johnval1
Forum: Bass Fishing August 7th, 2007, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 12
Posted By johnval1
Gorging bass

"Joshuall" wrote in message
I know what you mean Carl. I've heard all my grown up life that if you cut
the line and leave the hook in it will rust out in a matter of days. I
don't believe it....
Forum: Bass Fishing July 31st, 2007, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By johnval1
Wilson Lake - 7/30/07

"Ronnie" wrote in message
I drove to Rogersville, Al Sunday afternoon and got a room. Met Bass
Elite Trail Pro Jimmy Mason at a ramp on Wilson Lake, just below
Wheeler dam Monday morning. I was...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 29th, 2007, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 1
Posted By johnval1
PARASITE WEIGHTS AND CLIPS

"SEABAG" wrote in message ...
Any using Parasite worm weights and clips? I have heard good things
about them.

I have used the clips with limited success. I just picked up some of the
weights...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 29th, 2007, 11:08 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 16
Posted By johnval1
Triton Steve

"Jeff Jacks" wrote in message:
While Gazooka's approach and delivery leaves something to be desired. He
is spot on with his observations.

I must have missed something JJ. Exactly what...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 19th, 2007, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By johnval1
Any experience with SPRO frog?

"Olebiker" wrote in message
I'm headed back to the lily pads early Saturday morning. I was wondering
if anyone here has any experience with the SPRO frog. I
bought a couple yesterday to...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 16th, 2007, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 13
Posted By johnval1
Slow retrieve spinnerbait

"QUAKEnSHAKE" wrote in message
Hi any suggestions on a spinnerbait that works with a steady slow
retrieve?

Ray, I don't know anything about the Culprit brand, but I can say nothing
but good...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By johnval1
Another Double

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Forgot one.

7. Include a "stump puller" in your gear.

Great tip Bob. I have been cutting the line and have lost yards of
perfectly good braid in doing...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 4th, 2007, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By johnval1
Bass fishing is still a mystery to me!

Great stuff John. Congrats all the way around. My wife got converted to
soft plastics this year when she nailed a 2 lb-er by letting one of Randy's
glittery worms fall off a lilly pad. It sat on...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 2nd, 2007, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By johnval1
Woo Hoo New PB X2 (credit where credit is due))

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
What is a braid knot?

Bob take a look at the link below:

http://www.sportsmanschoice.com/terminal_tackle_knots.htm

The braid knot is at the bottom of the page...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 1st, 2007, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 11
Posted By johnval1
Woo Hoo New PB X2 (credit where credit is due))

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Speaking of knots. I lost a big fish flipping heavy cover later in the
day. I set the hook and it stripped drag immediately three times. Zip!
Zip! Zip!...
Forum: General Discussion June 29th, 2007, 10:23 PM Posted to alt.fishing
Replies: 12
Posted By johnval1
spam

"Ken" wrote in message:
BUT he sure knows a trolling webtv ****head when he sees one!

Eloquence, sheer eloquence. It is good to see the art of the word is not
lost.
Forum: Bass Fishing June 25th, 2007, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By johnval1
Looking for a new reel

Basically, I want an opinion on the Zebco Omega vs the Abu Garcia's
vs. the Daiwa's. Long term durability and minimization of the line
kink problem are my main concerns. ...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 11th, 2007, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 15
Posted By johnval1
Whats the best leader for braided lines?

I do not use leaders on braid. I don't like the idea of adding another knot
to the equation. Most of my fishing is done in weedy areas a leader would
just give me a weak link in the system. When...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 9th, 2007, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 42
Posted By johnval1
Killing bass?

Just for the record, this has to be one of the best threads I have ever seen
on this ng. Hats off to Dick for getting this one going. Thanks to
everyone who contributed a bit to my further...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 2nd, 2007, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 16
Posted By johnval1
Crawfish lure

I think it is a little too much action Rodney. It could be that I am just
reacting to the action against a bright sandy background. It might be just
fine in water with more stain and weeds. ...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 31st, 2007, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 42
Posted By johnval1
Harvesting bass

On May 31, 8:14 am, "Joe Haubenreich"
I eat bass. Managed harvest is part of the game management strategy of
every
state game and fish commission. To some extent, it improves the health...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 31st, 2007, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 42
Posted By johnval1
Killing bass?

On May 30, 3:55 pm, Olebiker wrote:
A friend directed me to a local fishing web site. One of the
discussion pages was about freshwater fishing. I was amazed to see
Forum: Fishing Photos May 29th, 2007, 12:12 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 12
Posted By johnval1
Northwoods Flyfishing

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
I went fishing with Steve Huber yesterday. Steve is a fantastic
guide, as anyone who reads the bass newsgroup knows already, but
he really went above and...
Forum: Fishing Photos May 24th, 2007, 09:42 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Replies: 5
Posted By johnval1
How big is this bass

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
He and I were arguing over the size of that bass, I thought over 5 lbs, he
said it would not go over 4. It was skinny, a post spawn female, but it
had a BIG...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 17th, 2007, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 17
Posted By johnval1
It's been a long time coming...

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message
I put a lip-lock on the fish and greatfully swung her over the side. She
measured 19.75 inches and weighed just shy of 5.5 pounds.

Gorgeous fish...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 14th, 2007, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 37
Posted By johnval1
WHat is Spam

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
You sound to me like a troublemaker. You suggested I *plonk* some
long-time contributors to this forum but if all you have to contribute
is s***-stirring...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 14th, 2007, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 37
Posted By johnval1
WHat is Spam

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message

There you go again. I have no objections whatsoever to "these guys".
My objections are solely related to Usenet SPAM, commercials posted
to a...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 14th, 2007, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 37
Posted By johnval1
WHat is Spam

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message ...
Don't put words in my mouth. I have never referred to Rodney,
SWL or GoToBaits as reprehensive. In fact, I refer to them as
the good guys.

Ken, I would...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 14th, 2007, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 37
Posted By johnval1
WHat is Spam

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message:
Just because this little corner of cyberspace isn't well populated
at this particular moment in time doesn't mean a non-commercial Usenet
newsgroup should...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 14th, 2007, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 37
Posted By johnval1
WHat is Spam

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message:

Well, you could call it a commercial I guess, but I'd call it an
endorsement. It's the honest, unbiased endorsement that makes this
place such a valuable...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 126