Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.58 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tim J.
Forum: Fly Fishing November 7th, 2012, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By Tim J.
Health check

george9219 typed:
On Saturday, October 27, 2012 12:09:25 AM UTC-4, giles wrote:
Sorry about the late response. Will post an appropriate escuse if
anyone so demands.

I've looked...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 27th, 2012, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By Tim J.
Health check

Ken Fortenberry typed:
Russell D. wrote:
Tim J. wrote:
I check in on Facebook ROFF from time to time, but have a much
harder time
following the discussions in that format vs. the...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 22nd, 2012, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By Tim J.
Health check

Ken Fortenberry typed:
Tim J. wrote:
Giles typed:
So, anyone grown up and developed an interest in
discussion?.....responsibility?

Discussion? Maybe, but that "responsibility" ****...
Forum: Fly Fishing June 21st, 2012, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 17
Posted By Tim J.
Health check

Discussion? Maybe, but that "responsibility" **** is for the birds.
--
TL,
Tim

Russell D. typed:

This place died.

DAMN IT! Did I miss the funeral?
--
TL,
Tim

Frank Reid © 2010 typed:
On Mar 14, 7:56 am, "john b" wrote:
snip
And then I go to my rucksack and get my gold pan.....yeah baby I am
panning for gold.

I got...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 16th, 2012, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Tim J.
What this place needs. . .

Ralph from Ohio was on holiday in London and thought he would
skip the afternoon tour and explore the city on his own.

He wanders around, seeing the sights, and occasionally stopping
at a quaint pub...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 16th, 2012, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Tim J.
What this place needs. . .

A woman walked into the kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a
fly swatter.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Hunting flies", her husband responded.

"Oh. Killing any?" she...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 9th, 2012, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Tim J.
fishin 'n da phils . . . OT

john b typed:
snip
End of story.

Now, THAT was a great report, asadi. Thanks for telling it.
--
TL,
Tim

Ken Fortenberry typed:
snip

You might join the 60 or so roffians on Facebook ROFF, it's not
the same, you might say roff has been ... changed, but it's a
little more 21st century than...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 15th, 2011, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By Tim J.
One last gasp, actual fish pictures

Jonathan Cook typed:
snip

http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~jcook/pics/stubby/

Merry Christmas to all the ROFFers still out there,

Thanks, Jon. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
--
TL,
Forum: Fly Fishing December 11th, 2011, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

jeff typed:
On 12/10/2011 3:59 PM, Tim J. wrote:
Frank Reid © typed:
On Dec 9, 10:45 pm, wrote:
On Dec...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 10th, 2011, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By Tim J.
What the hell has happened to this place?

Tim J. typed:
Frank Reid © 2010 typed:
On Dec 9, 10:45 pm, rw56 wrote:
On Dec 5, 11:16 am, Frank Reid © 2010...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 10th, 2011, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By Tim J.
What the hell has happened to this place?

Frank Reid © 2010 typed:
On Dec 9, 10:45 pm, rw56 wrote:
On Dec 5, 11:16 am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

Go on FB and search...
Forum: Fly Fishing December 7th, 2011, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By Tim J.
Well, DUH!

http://css.sbcma.com/timj/pics/bacon.jpg
--
TL,
Tim
Replies: 30
Posted By Tim J.
What the hell has happened to this place?

Chad typed:
did everybody jump to a forum or is this ember just
hardly glowing?

There are just no more fish, plain and simple. We've all taken up knitting
and kite flying,...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 29th, 2011, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Tim J.
Is ROFF truely evil?

Frank Reid © 2010 typed:
When I look at google groups, it gives the number of people subscribed
to this group. That number has been sitting at "666" for a couple of
months.

Haven't you heard?...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 20th, 2011, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 3
Posted By Tim J.
Medic! Medic!

Frank Church typed:
Did I just detect a weak pulse on roff?

Nope. Dead. Dead as a doornail. Nothing to see here, move along.
--
TL,
Tim

rw56 typed:
the trend has reached its sad conclusion.

And yet. . . . ;-)
--
TL,
Tim
Replies: 30
Posted By Tim J.
So, did everyone believe the story...

Conan The Librarian typed:
We're almost in the
center of the country, and less than a day's drive from the coast.
The only question is how much fly-fishing I'll get in. I...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 16th, 2011, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By Tim J.
So, did everyone believe the story...

rw56 typed:
On Nov 16, 6:46 am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
that ROFF is dead or just no one going fishing.
I'm hearing crickets here.
Actually, wondering if I had a...
Forum: Fly Fishing November 16th, 2011, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 30
Posted By Tim J.
So, did everyone believe the story...

Frank Reid © 2010 typed:
Actually, wondering if I had a role to play in the silence by opening
the Facebook ROFF page.

Yes. It's all about you. :)
--
TL,
Tim

s g typed:
On Sep 7, 6:01 pm, "Wayne Harrison" wrote:
the demise of rec.outdoors.fishing.fly is a tragic certainty. there
may be some reflexive...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 9th, 2011, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Tim J.
Aw, just for the hell of it...

Frank Church typed:
Tom Littleton wrote in news:j414l1$ld5$1@dont-
email.me:

On 9/4/2011 12:03 PM, Frank Church wrote:

a fine fishing...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 3rd, 2011, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 93
Posted By Tim J.
r.o.f.f.

Ken Fortenberry typed:
Russell D. wrote:
R.I.P.

:(

Usenet has been critically ill for quite awhile now. We should
regard its passing as a blessing and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250