Showing results 1 to 25 of 197
Search took 0.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Daniel-San
Forum: Fly Fishing May 22nd, 2009, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Daniel-San
Reel Bags -- Sorry, I've Got Nothing, But...

"Robert11" wrote...
Hi,

Many, many, years ago I bought, somewhere, some really nice all leather
reel pouches.

Leather is soft and supple (no lining), and even has a rawhide draw
Forum: Fly Fishing May 22nd, 2009, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Daniel-San
TR- Back to the Old School

"George Cleveland" wrote ...
I have a lot of fly rods.

As always, a great read.

Thanks.

-Dan
Forum: Fly Fishing May 12th, 2009, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Daniel-San
Asheville Info, Por Favor

First off, thanks to those who suggested places for a pre-spawn vacation.
The Planning Committee decided on the Grove Park Inn (suggested, I believe,
by the estimable Mr. Fortenberry -- thanks)....
Forum: Fly Fishing April 11th, 2009, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 24
Posted By Daniel-San
CNN Story On Healing Waters

Pretty sure this was dscussed here a while ago. Sure seems like a good
organization.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/04/09/cnnheroes.ed.nicholson/index.html

-Dan
Forum: Fly Fishing April 5th, 2009, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 19
Posted By Daniel-San
Vacation Ideas?

"I" wrote ...
tl;dr: place out west that Michelle and I will enjoy?

Many thanks for the thoughts, gents. They have been duly submitted to the
steering committee for proper consideration.

-Dan
Forum: Fly Fishing March 17th, 2009, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By Daniel-San
Sorta not OT ... new FullReid danger

"Larry L" wrote ...

Do I need to find some sort of waterproof key container ?

Nope. Assuming you have either a trailer hitch or some other closed, steel
loop (towing, tie-down, whatever),...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 13th, 2009, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By Daniel-San
Canoecopia

"JR" wrote ...
Daniel-San wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote ...
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 8th, 2009, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 2
Posted By Daniel-San
Hint for the Day - Day 5

"Frank Reid © 2008" wrote ...
The hints for the day have to do with me quitting smoking. More than
a little bit of stress and extra energy. Did a tying demo at Cabelas
yesterday. Kinda hard...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 23rd, 2009, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 28
GPS
Posted By Daniel-San
GPS

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote ...
I've never had a need for a GPS, I guess I'm just a map & compass
luddite, but I can foresee occasions where one might come in handy.

I don't want or need a lot of...
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying January 26th, 2009, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 3
Posted By Daniel-San
bucktail alternative for clousers

"Ray" wrote ...
can anyone tell me the best alternative to use in place of bucktail to tie
skinny water clouser minnows--bead chain eyes

I'm a fan of superhair as a bucktail replacement.

-Dan
Forum: Fly Fishing January 25th, 2009, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Daniel-San
Fishing Crawfish Imitations For SmallMouth's ?

"Robert11" wrote ...
Hello,

Have a few months to go yet, but fun looking forward to it.
Live in Eastern Mass. Like to fish the Quabbin Reservoir and Deerfied.

Read that Crawfish are good...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 19th, 2009, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By Daniel-San
Scotch....

"riverman" wrote ...

Besides, had you been under the influence of Jack Daniel's, your post
would have been littered with phrases like 'nectar of the gods' and
'blessed drops of heaven on my...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 13th, 2009, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 5
Posted By Daniel-San
OT? file name

"Larry L" wrote ...
RIO, the tackle company has a .pdf file available online that shows basic
knots and how to put backing/ line/ leader all together on the reel

Good idea, right?

Forum: Fly Fishing January 8th, 2009, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 33
Posted By Daniel-San
Open Facebook Sandwich

"riverman" wrote ...

[...]

It sounds like we are in complete agreement. But what is your stance
on making FB-roff a 'closed' site, accessible only to members (while
anyone can become a member by...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 8th, 2009, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 33
Posted By Daniel-San
Open Facebook Sandwich

"riverman" wrote...
On Jan 8, 10:28 pm, "Daniel-San" (Rot13)
wrote:

I'm not saying that it's not smart to have privacy concerns with respect
FB exposure, just...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 8th, 2009, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 33
Posted By Daniel-San
Open Facebook Sandwich

craig wrote:

I tried a few times to find the ROFF group on FB. Can you help me? I
am a novice and have only posted here a few times recently.

God, I can't believe I'm saying this, but (queue...
Forum: Fly Fishing January 8th, 2009, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 33
Posted By Daniel-San
Open Facebook Sandwich

"riverman" wrote ...
FB roffians:
There is a thread on the FB roff site you should take a quick look
at.

I've been on FB for a few (6?) months now. I've learned that much like on
USENET,...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 31st, 2008, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 0
Posted By Daniel-San
DDFS: Thanks, All

Flies arrived today. As usual, I'm humbled....

Thanks to Tim for doing the dirty work.

-Dan
(Who, in a strange twist of fate, finds himself with the day off tomorrow
and is contemplating a drive...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 17th, 2008, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By Daniel-San
Seam tape

"Larry L" wrote ...
Anybody know where to get the heat-applied seam tape used in waders?
Sometimes you get a foot or two with the waders, but I'd like to find it
in bigger...
Forum: Fly Fishing October 14th, 2008, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Daniel-San
Sage FLi

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote ...
I see that Sage is discontinuing the FLi series in 2009. These
are now on clearance sale at a lot of places and they run in
the $200 to $250 range.

Has anyone...
Forum: Fly Fishing September 5th, 2008, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 36
Posted By Daniel-San
Well, now...

"jeff miller" wrote :

[...]

palin is the story so far...

It's about time we started talking about the real candidate Palin.

http://michaelpalinforpresident.com/
Forum: Fly Fishing Tying August 15th, 2008, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 12
Posted By Daniel-San
What this place needs is an enema. . .

"Tim J." wrote ...
. . .so I'm announcing the umpteenth annual Dog Days Fly Swap (DDFS).

What say ye, swappers?
--

Sure. Who couldn't use another crappy fly from me?

-Dan
Forum: Fly Fishing August 15th, 2008, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying
Replies: 12
Posted By Daniel-San
What this place needs is an enema. . .

"Tim J." wrote ...
. . .so I'm announcing the umpteenth annual Dog Days Fly Swap (DDFS).

What say ye, swappers?
--

Sure. Who couldn't use another crappy fly from me?

-Dan
Forum: Fly Fishing July 30th, 2008, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 4
Posted By Daniel-San
dropped posts

"Dave LaCourse" wrote ...
Is anyone having trouble with roff dropping posts? The "Alaska for
Obama" thread has dropped all of the posts except the very last one.

Other threads also have many...
Forum: Fly Fishing July 21st, 2008, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 11
Posted By Daniel-San
whats up?

"riverman" wrote...
On Jul 20, 5:14 pm, "Fred" wrote:

You would have to learn to sopeak and write intelligently

Yeah, what HE said.

--riverman

POTM
Showing results 1 to 25 of 197