Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JR
Forum: Fly Fishing March 28th, 2009, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 65
Posted By JR
Keyes to appeal case on Obama's eligibility

Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
In talk.politics.guns Too_Many_Tools wrote:

As for having a President who is a non-performer...we just had for the
last eight years...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 25th, 2009, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By JR
Looks like I'm in for Penns

Frank Reid wrote:
Very good news. How many of those funny little flies you going to tie
for the rest of us?

Couple-few at least.

Probably.
Forum: Fly Fishing March 24th, 2009, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By JR
Looks like I'm in for Penns

Larry L wrote:

As you clearly know, the 'old' Cripple is one hell of a good pattern ... the
DVD shows a new variation ( for Hexs), but the original is very difficult to
beat and retains my...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 24th, 2009, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 13
Posted By JR
Looks like I'm in for Penns

Unless there's an apocalypse (I mean a serious one), arrive Sunday the
24th, leave Friday the 29th, either tenting or sleeping in the back of the
truck......

This time, though, I'm not messing with...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 20th, 2009, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By JR
OT .. but cool, imho

DaveS wrote:

......... Maybe with Spring a short train, then a trolley
could get one there? Philly is a great town for American art.

Yep, and not just American art. Already plan sometime end...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 20th, 2009, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 14
Posted By JR
OT .. but cool, imho

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Larry L wrote:
new White House garden

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29787424

The Times had an article on the garden in today's edition.

Forum: Fly Fishing March 18th, 2009, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By JR
shad fishing on the roanoke

jeff wrote:
JR wrote:

You goin' out this weekend, jeff?

hope to...we've had a lot of rain this week.

Shad come up on a spate, like salmon? Stands to reason, I guess.

- JR
Forum: Fly Fishing March 18th, 2009, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By JR
shad fishing on the roanoke

riverman wrote:
JR wrote:
jeff wrote:

http://outerbanksflyfishing.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2731

Hmm.

Hmm?
Forum: Fly Fishing March 18th, 2009, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 47
Posted By JR
Campfire talk

riverman wrote:
If we want ROFF to survive, we have to make a choice to preserve it.

Right now, that "if" is hardly a given.

- JR
Forum: Fly Fishing March 17th, 2009, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By JR
Ron Silver, RIP

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
wrote:
A little lesson for ROFF....

What's the lesson ? Is it that 9/11 scared the liberal out of a
Jewish guy or that the GOP is a...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 17th, 2009, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 8
Posted By JR
shad fishing on the roanoke

jeff wrote:
http://outerbanksflyfishing.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2731

Hmm.

- JR
Forum: Fly Fishing March 14th, 2009, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 9
Posted By JR
Thingabobbers

Over on Westfly, even folks who normally despise indicators are grudgingly
saying these things are not as bad as, oh, say, child abuse or global
warming or Matthew McConaughey...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 13th, 2009, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 18
Posted By JR
Talk about the Rep throwing out the Constitution

Outdoors in Oregon wrote:
On Mar 11, 4:31 pm, wrote:
Outdoors in Oregon wrote:
On Mar 10, 4:13 pm, DaveS wrote:

Citizen of the "most unchurched State in the...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 13th, 2009, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 6
Posted By JR
Wooly Bugger Question

Robert11 wrote:

How do you folks fish wooly buggers ?

Often as a standard streamer, but also often dead-drifted like a nymph
then swung directly downstream once tension on the drift can't be...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 13th, 2009, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By JR
Canoecopia

Daniel-San wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote ...
Anyone else going to Canoecopia in Madison, WI this weekend ? I'll
be there on one day and on a nearby trout stream the other, depending
on...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 10th, 2009, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 51
Posted By JR
Hint for the day

Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
You can disable a "court ordered tracking bracelet" with a taser.
Frank Reid

Well, where the hell were you when I coulda *used* that information?

- JR
Forum: Fly Fishing March 3rd, 2009, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 15
Posted By JR
More FB 'security'

Larry L wrote:
I just got an e-mail from a friend saying he had received an invitation to
join FaceBook from me and wondering "what's up"

To the best of my knowledge I did NOT tell FB to...
Forum: Fly Fishing March 1st, 2009, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By JR
Who is fishing? Where?

jeff wrote:

weekends are vacations in DC? you need to get the hell out of there.

Truer words was never spoke.

- JR
Forum: Fly Fishing February 28th, 2009, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By JR
Who is fishing? Where?

jeff wrote:
JR wrote:
DaveS wrote:
Seriously, who is fishing? Where? For what?

Fishing.....
I remember fishing.....
vaguely.
:(

Frank Reid wrote:
Seriously, who is fishing? Where? For what?
Fishing.....

I remember fishing.....

vaguely.

I thought you were in DC, not Nebraska.
Frank "Frozen" Reid
Forum: Fly Fishing February 27th, 2009, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 20
Posted By JR
Who is fishing? Where?

DaveS wrote:
Seriously, who is fishing? Where? For what?

Fishing.....

I remember fishing.....

vaguely.
Forum: Fly Fishing February 24th, 2009, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By JR
think you may be an old fogy and don't "get" FB?

Try Twitter out. Nothing but a stand-alone "status update" deal?

"Followers" rather than "friends"......

- JR
(designing a site for collecting "sycophants.")
Forum: Fly Fishing February 23rd, 2009, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 7
Posted By JR
Steelhead

DaveS wrote:
.....the basics:

One 18-20+ inch wild steelhead released on a #14 green beadhead (from
fly exchange). One at least 24-28" wild steelhead released on a #8,
mottled green brass...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 19th, 2009, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 12
Posted By JR
Will wonders never cease?

jeff wrote:
we have some commercial catfish farms in my county. it is reported that
at times there are more than 20 bald eagles over the ponds.

Quite apart from the eagles, I'm glad to hear...
Forum: Fly Fishing February 19th, 2009, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Replies: 258
Posted By JR
Gluckert Lives

Tom Littleton wrote:......all in all,

wayno's suggestion is the most rational of all. Rich's entertainment value
has run it's course.

Yeah, kinda why I bailed on beating up on the poor schmuck...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250