Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Marty[_2_]
Forum: Bass Fishing March 17th, 2013, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Group FAQ

On 3/17/2013 4:11 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
I don't know that it really matters, but I renewed the domain name
registration for the group FAQ site for another year.

Bob, you're the consummate...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 14th, 2012, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Shoulder Work

I had shoulder pain and got a cortisone shot five years ago and have had no
pain since then. However, I don't remember exactly what my problem was.
Yours is probably different.

"Earl"...
Forum: Bass Fishing September 14th, 2012, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Pickerel in Pond ?

I haven't seen any pickerel in any ponds around here (western New York), but
that doesn't mean they don't exist in ponds. However, I've extensively
fished lakes with pickerel populations.

In those...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 31st, 2012, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Spinning Reels With A Trigger ?

"Bob" wrote in message

Do you folks like them better than the conventional, non-trigger type ?
Why ? Pros and Cons ?
How popular...
Forum: Bass Fishing August 12th, 2012, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Overton Co. For Supplies ?

For what it's worth, Overton is owned by Gander Mountain, which acquired it
in 2007. I'd trust them based on that.

"Bob" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 26th, 2012, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Marty[_2_]
ROFB is still around?

Sure, it's still around, albeit terminal and on life support. There's even a
fishing thread every month or two. I check in once daily and most of the
time there have been -0- posts in the previous...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 2nd, 2011, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 4
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Plast Work Rigging

Yes, you insert the keeper into the nose of the bait.

Then, with the bait held vertically, line up the hook in front of the
plastic to determine where you want the point to end up and then insert...
Forum: Bass Fishing January 8th, 2011, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 18
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Leaders and lines

I use spinning gear with 15# braid, no leader and use that for just about
everything. Steve talked about abrasion resistance; I think he's talking
rocks, etc., because braid has fantastic abrasion...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 29th, 2010, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Three Rules for More Successful Bass Fishing

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"ScovilleUnit" wrote in message
Forum: Bass Fishing December 29th, 2010, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 18
Posted By Marty[_2_]
anybody out there

Probably more here than was thought. I think it's dead because no one asks
questions like they do on site-based forums.

"Ronnie" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 15th, 2010, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Three Rules for More Successful Bass Fishing

Nobody can argue with those. I'm an expert at #1, not too bad at #2 and wish
I'd known about #3 all these years. Who knew? Might be a little easier said
than done, unfortunately, and it hurts to...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 13th, 2010, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 3
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Feeding Frenzy

That's a great experience Bob. The closest I came to that was fishing from a
Lake Ontario pier one evening when a frenzy erupted and I got a hit on every
cast for 20 minutes (smallies) and had to...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 30th, 2009, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 1
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Test

The actual reason for the test was to see if the post would show, as I
hadn't seen a single post here for days.

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing December 2nd, 2009, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 5
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Are crappie questions OT here?

I'm not a spokesman for this group, but I don't think anyone will bite your
head off for asking. Feel free. Also, there are crappie forums, but my
telling you that is not intended to deter your...
Forum: Bass Fishing November 28th, 2009, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 13
Posted By Marty[_2_]
fishing line memory

Let me say that it would be a good idea to read the reel's owner's manual,
or whatever sheet of paper that passes for a manual these days. Some reels
with anti-twist line rollers advise the user to...
Forum: Bass Fishing October 7th, 2009, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 9
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Soft jerkbaits

I'm not a technique-specific guy, but it works well with my general-purpose
spinning gear with M or MH power 6-1/2" rod and 15# braid. I use 5" Flukes
or Assassins and fish them...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 10th, 2009, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 24
Posted By Marty[_2_]
New world record bass?

I wonder if this covers it?

1.05. Angling.

To take fish by hook and line with the line held in the hand, or with the
line attached to a pole or rod held in the hand or closely attended in such...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 6th, 2009, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 24
Posted By Marty[_2_]
New world record bass?

Here in New York, foul-hooked fish are legal except for trout and salmon
plus walleye in Oneida Lake.

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing July 4th, 2009, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 24
Posted By Marty[_2_]
New world record bass?

As I understand it, this wouldn't be the world record because the IGFA
requires a record to beat the old one by two ounces, so it officially would
be considered a tie.

"Ronnie"...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 10th, 2009, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 28
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Tennessee, Here I Come....

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message

I found out from the property management company that the house in
Springville...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 9th, 2009, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 7
Posted By Marty[_2_]
soft jerkbaits

wrote in message
On Jun 8, 9:05 pm, (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:
Up here in MIchigan I...
Forum: Bass Fishing June 6th, 2009, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 6
Posted By Marty[_2_]
New Member Greeting

Hi Rory,

Welcome to the group. I've never fly-fished, but would assume that, in
general, it's less versatile and efficient than spinning and baitcasting. Of
course, like everything else, you ought...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 14th, 2009, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Marty[_2_]
KY/TN Bound Soon!

The end of an era. I'm sure you'll make the right decisions. Your reasoning
for not guiding shows a personal honesty that too many people lack.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com"...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 13th, 2009, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Marty[_2_]
KY/TN Bound Soon!

Best wishes with your move Steve. Do you expect to continue guiding down
there?

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message...
Forum: Bass Fishing May 10th, 2009, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Replies: 10
Posted By Marty[_2_]
Casting reel problem

I don't know what I could add to Steve's treatise, he's forgotten more about
fishing and equipment than I'll ever know. I use spinning only now but I
used to use a baitcaster for 1/4 oz....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32